Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Virgin Media Ireland Representatives

22 hrs
Response Time
97%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12pm-3pm.

Virgin mobile tethering

11.07.2019 12:02 #1
I am soon to move out of my current accommodation and will be without broadband for at least a month. I need to use my laptop for standard tasks for college such as research.  I have a virgin media mobile plan with unlimited data. Will they charge me extra for using the hotspot on my phone? I won't have a permanent address and will be unable to get broadband for a while.
11.07.2019 16:55 #2
40GB, free to use however you want: https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057979298

Enjoy.
12.07.2019 13:25 #3
Verified representative
Originally posted by DellaM
I am soon to move out of my current accommodation and will be without broadband for at least a month. I need to use my laptop for standard tasks for college such as research.  I have a virgin media mobile plan with unlimited data. Will they charge me extra for using the hotspot on my phone? I won't have a permanent address and will be unable to get broadband for a while.

Hi DellaM,

We've replied to your PM this morning but just to confirm for the thread - we don't make any distinction between a handset using data or a tethered device using data.

Thanks
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image