85%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

New Vulnerable Customer Unit

04.07.2019 11:38 #1
Hi all,

We are delighted to announce the set up of  our new Vulnerable Customer Unit (VCU). Our dedicated team will be available to give extra support to customers facing challenging circumstances, including age-related or cognitive impairment, financial abuse, illness, and addiction, or life events such as separation and divorce.

The unit is aimed at improving the financial well-being and support of our vulnerable customers and providing guidance to our branch and digital staff enabling our customers and colleagues to thrive.

You can find out more here

https://www.irishtimes...abuse-rise-1.3945681

Any questions please feel free to post and we'll be happy to help

Many thanks,
Kat
Last edited by Boards.ie: Niamh: 04.07.2019 at 13:52. Reason: Fixed link to make it clickable
2 thanks
05.08.2019 15:31 #2
Hi Kat
. My dad has an account with BOI letterkenny for many years. He lives in the North of Ireland. Just recently and more by accident it has come to attention that a member of the family has now added name to account as joint account holder with dad having had mums name removed. Dad has alzeimers and has absolutely no recollection he even has this account never mind changing status on account. These changes have been made fairly recently and we are at our wits end. It's too late for lasting power of attorney, we must apply to courts which can take up to 12 months. Also, all dads other bank accounts have been handed over to their Legal Department as this member of family has tried to access them unlawfully in dads earlier stages of alzeimers having removed a 3rd party mandate form from bank premises and getting elderly alzeimers parents to sign - both diagnosed. Can you suggest what avenue to take. We do not want any access to this account nor any financial details. We want to know when this change was made as the family member is adamant it was many years ago. Dad has no correspondence either for account, it may now be redirected.
06.08.2019 10:59 #3
Hi Afarren868,

We really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch and check this with us.

We're sorry to hear of your recent situation and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Is it okay for us to send you a private message here?

Many thanks,
Kat
21.08.2019 11:53 #4
Will the VCU operate in Northern Ireland?
21.08.2019 14:29 #5
Hi Gr1980,

Thanks for reaching out to us here about this.

We absolutely have a Vulnerable Customer Unit for our customers in NI and UK. Our customer service are available for all customer queries and our VCU will be there to give extra support and guidance.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Many thanks,
Kat
1 thank
13.05.2020 12:05 #6
Hi,I have an issue that the VCU may be able to help with. I'd rather not post the details publicly. Would it be possible for somebody to PM me on boards please.??
13.05.2020 12:09 #7
Hi papac

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Yes, certainly going to PM you now for further details to help you.

Many thanks
Alison
29.01.2021 19:37 #8
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Kathryne
Hi all,

We are delighted to announce the set up of  our new Vulnerable Customer Unit (VCU). Our dedicated team will be available to give extra support to customers facing challenging circumstances, including age-related or cognitive impairment, financial abuse, illness, and addiction, or life events such as separation and divorce.

The unit is aimed at improving the financial well-being and support of our vulnerable customers and providing guidance to our branch and digital staff enabling our customers and colleagues to thrive.

You can find out more here

Any questions please feel free to post and we'll be happy to help

Many thanks,
Kat

Hello!
I don't have a smartphone and even if I do my eyesight is no longer the best. I read somewhere that I should get a so called Physical Security Key in order to access my account. I tried login to 365 today hoping to see anywhere online where I could apply for that but in vain. Can someone please lead me to the solution?
Kindly, Thanks!
Wanie
01.02.2021 10:24 #9
Originally posted by New Irelander
Kindly, Thanks!
Wanie

Hi Wanie,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty ordering a physical security key. If you log in and select "service desk" > "ask a question", one of our colleagues will be happy to order this out to you.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
Richard
01.02.2021 12:38 #10
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Richard F
Kindly, Thanks!
Wanie

Hi Wanie,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty ordering a physical security key. If you log in and select "service desk" > "ask a question", one of our colleagues will be happy to order this out to you.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for coming back to me.

Since my normal access no longer working, I went into my local bank today but they don't seem to have any clue when this "key" is going to available either!

But at least she showed me how to log in into my 365 again which failed me the last time I tried. The site I always used which was bookmarked on my computer is no longer working. She asked me to try directly from....bankofireland.com instead of .....365online.com which I did. 

Having managed to get in again - I followed your advice and wrote them the same note as I did to you. Hope to hear from them soon.

Keeping my fingers crossed! I will let you know if I succeeded.

Thanks again.

Kind regards
Wanie
01.02.2021 14:33 #11
Kindly, Thanks!
Wanie

Hi Wanie,

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for coming back to me.

Since my normal access no longer working, I went into my local bank today but they don't seem to have any clue when this "key" is going to available either!

But at least she showed me how to log in into my 365 again which failed me the last time I tried. The site I always used which was bookmarked on my computer is no longer working. She asked me to try directly from....bankofireland.com instead of .....365online.com which I did. 

Having managed to get in again - I followed your advice and wrote them the same note as I did to you. Hope to hear from them soon.

Keeping my fingers crossed! I will let you know if I succeeded.

Thanks again.

Kind regards
Wanie

We're glad to hear this and we're sorry for any difficulty experienced. You can certainly continue to log in here until the key is sent out you. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks,
Richard
12.03.2021 15:00 #12
Kindly, Thanks!
Wanie

Hi Wanie,

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
Richard

Physical Security Key (PSK)

Hi Richard,

I wish I do not have to go back and bother someone with this but then they don't make it easy for non-smart gadget user do they?

I got my PSK and I have gone through the steps from 1. to 4. then was asked....

Step
5. Once these steps are completed, log into 365 (address given) and follow the instructions which are clearly outlined on scree, to finish setting up the security key. As part of this process, you'll need to enter the last 4 digits of the serial number on the device. You'll find the serial number on the back of the physical key (see image below).

On this page 365 (address given)- I see no where to enter that last four digits of the serial number! Do I missed something?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you and kind regards
Wanie
12.03.2021 15:50 #13
Hi Wanie,

We're sorry to hear this. Can we ask what appears on your screen once you enter your details and go on to the next screen?

Thanks,
Richard
12.03.2021 16:49 #14
Hi Wanie,

We're sorry to hear this. Can we ask what appears on your screen once you enter your details and go on to the next screen?

Thanks,
Richard

Hello Richard!

Thank you for your prompt reply! I am so glad you are there.

Unfortunately (although I have made screenshot) as a new member to this forum I don't seem to be allowed to attach anything....

*Your reply cannot be submitted if it contains images or URLs in an effort to combat spam*

not even a URL:-( (emoji not allowed either)

So let try to describe this to you...

THIS IS THE PAGE GIVEN ... WITH 3 LOGIN OPTIONS.... and none of the three leads me to PSK

Have you set up a security device yet?
To comply with payment regulations, you now require an extra form of identification when using your online banking. The easiest way to do this is to set up your smartphone or tablet as a security device. From now on, you'll use it to confirm your identity every time you bank online.
Login or more information (choose)

Like a popup window with these choices
To set up a security device, you'll need:

Online banking has changed
Why are we making these changes?
Regulations have been introduced that affect all payment service providers. These laws will help fight fraud and make you even more secure online.
How will this affect you?
To help confirm your identity, we've added two-factor authentication to our security process. To complete it, you must first set up a security device - we recommend your smartphone or tablet.

We now use Strong Customer Authentication ( S C A)(SCA)
How will it work?
As well as entering your 3 6 5365 PIN, you must also accept a notification we send to your security device before you can complete certain banking activities. This is designed to help keep your financial information safe.
Need help?
Please see our
for help with any queries you may have.

Let me know if I made myself clear to you here.

Thanks Richard!
Wanie
13.03.2021 11:54 #15
nice
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right