Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

11 hrs
Response Time
96%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

Qs about signing up

13.05.2019 16:16 #1
Registered User
Hi, considering joining sky. The current offer is for €24 pm for 12 months. I think this is a 12 month contract-can you confirm?

Also, I see online that I can sign up for sports for €20 a month for up to 6 months. Do I have to keep sky sports for 6 months? Or could I keep it for 3 months and then cancel? I know I have to give 31 days notice of cancellation.

Thanks
13.05.2019 16:31 #2
Hi Glack,

Thank you for your post!

I am really happy to hear that you are interested in joining Sky.

All of our minimum term contracts are for a minimum period of 12 months.

In regards to Sky Sports, this is not a contract it is an add on subscription. So if you sign up you may get an offer for a period of time, this does not mean you are obliged to keep the subscription for this period you can cancel at anytime by giving us 31 days notice.

Cheers,
Derek
1 thank
15.05.2019 14:22 #3
Registered User
I am also thinking of making the switch as Virgin are terrible, Do I need a phone line? Is there free installation?
15.05.2019 14:40 #4
Verified representative
Hey safetyboy,

Thanks for your post.

I'm delighted to hear that you're interested in signing up to Sky for your services.

Our TV services is provided through a satellite so a dish will need to be installed on your property.

In relation to broadband, we offer three services. A phone line is required for our ADSL and Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) product. If our Fibre to the Home (FTTH) product is available in your area, no residential phone line is necessary.

If you require further information, please send a PM to our Sky Ireland: Reps account with your name and contact number and we'll be in touch.

Cheers,
Sarah
15.05.2019 18:03 #5
Am also interested in your deal of 59 euro as advertised. Could somebody ring me of I pm?
16.05.2019 13:00 #6
Verified representative
Originally posted by Roycropper63
Am also interested in your deal of 59 euro as advertised. Could somebody ring me of I pm?


Hi Roycropper63,

Thanks for posting!

I'm delighted to hear that you're interested in joining Sky :D

We'll be more than happy to give you a call. Just send a PM with your name and contact details to Sky Ireland: Reps and we'll be in touch.

Please bear in mind that any PM sent after 5pm will be picked up the following working day between 1-5pm.

Thanks,
Craig
24.05.2019 15:57 #7
Registered User
Today is install day but still no sign of the engineer. What time do they work until?
24.05.2019 16:36 #8
Hi glack

Thank you for your post.
 
They work until 5, has the engineer been in touch?

Can you send a PM with your details and we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Seanagh
24.05.2019 16:40 #9
Registered User
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Seanagh
Hi glack

Thank you for your post.
 
They work until 5, has the engineer been in touch?

Can you send a PM with your details and we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Seanagh


He text us yesterday looking for an eircode which was sent. But he reckons we should have gotten an estimated time of install from yourselves saying that he wouldn’t be here until between 6-8 this evening. We never got that notification. And now he reckons he might not get to us at all because we are last on his list for today. What a waste of a day off. Bad start Sky!
24.05.2019 18:56 #10
Registered User
Originally posted by glack
He text us yesterday looking for an eircode which was sent. But he reckons we should have gotten an estimated time of install from yourselves saying that he wouldn’t be here until between 6-8 this evening. We never got that notification. And now he reckons he might not get to us at all because we are last on his list for today. What a waste of a day off. Bad start Sky!

And shock horror a phone call at 5.50 to say he wasn’t coming. Not good enough 😡
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion