Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Virgin Media Ireland Representatives

31 hrs
Response Time
84%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12pm-3pm.

BBC1&2 HD

12.05.2019 22:21 #1
Hello, for the past couple of weeks BBC1 and 2 HD's picture has being breaking up frequently, all other channels are fine. Anyone else with similar issue?
12.05.2019 23:26 #2
Yes I've seen some picture break up as well over the past few days. I've seen it on BBC 1 HD and on some of the Sky Sports HD channels.
12.05.2019 23:52 #3
I noticed these break ups during the Sunday Game tonight on RTE 2HD as well.
13.05.2019 12:00 #4
Verified representative
Hi Folks, 

We don't have any nationwide issues logged that fall in line with the symptoms you're seeing. As a basic check can you take a look at the co-ax cable feeding your set top boxes? Check that it's tight at all the junction points.

If that's all OK go ahead and reboot the box at the mains. If you see any further instances of the issue after that point PM Virgin Media: Reps with your acc number. 

Thanks
13.05.2019 21:06 #5
Warning: Contains traces of nuts
I'm having this exact issue on all 4 boxes on Channel 4HD right now, so it's not a cabling issue...
13.05.2019 21:44 #6
This is a general fault and VM are aware. My mate work's for the main Install Contractors and they got the heads up.
2 thanks
15.05.2019 00:19 #7
All UK channels were affected to some degree, although particularly noticeable on HD channels.  However, have not noticed it occurring today 14th so hopefully the issue is resolved.
1 thank
15.05.2019 00:28 #8
Also noticed the issue seems to be fixed.
1 thank
15.05.2019 13:51 #9
Verified representative
Hi All,

Glad to see you've not run into any further issues. We didn't have any wide scale faults logged at the time or since but if you see any further reception issues we'd recommend: securing the co-ax cable feeding your set top boxes, rebooting those at the mains and if the issue persists - PM Virgin Media: Reps with your acc details.

Thanks
15.05.2019 21:38 #10
Originally posted by Virgin Media: Brian
Hi All,

Glad to see you've not run into any further issues. We didn't have any wide scale faults logged at the time or since but if you see any further reception issues we'd recommend: securing the co-ax cable feeding your set top boxes, rebooting those at the mains and if the issue persists - PM Virgin Media: Reps with your acc details.

Thanks

It was NOT a (customer) cabling or reception issue.
15.05.2019 22:04 #11
I spoke to soon, still breaking up for me. Seems to only be the HD channels. Watching BBC1HD tonight it started breaking up so change to the standard definition BBC1 and that didn't break up.
20.05.2019 13:25 #12
Verified representative
Originally posted by Bsal
I spoke to soon, still breaking up for me. Seems to only be the HD channels. Watching BBC1HD tonight it started breaking up so change to the standard definition BBC1 and that didn't break up.

Sorry for the delay Bsal, have you seen any further occurrences of this since your post? 

Thanks
20.05.2019 13:59 #13
Originally posted by Virgin Media: Brian
Sorry for the delay Bsal, have you seen any further occurrences of this since your post? 

Thanks

It appears to be fine now.
20.05.2019 14:02 #14
Verified representative
Originally posted by Bsal

It appears to be fine now.

Glad to hear it but if you see any further issues just let us know.

Thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon