Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Vodafone Representatives

59 hrs
Response Time
43%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 10am - 2pm

Phone Not Registered on a Network

28.04.2019 02:33 #1
I'm looking to get my phone registered again.  I can't receive texts or calls and can't put credit on my phone.  It just keeps saying 'Not registered on network'.  It's a Pay as you Go phone.  It's been over 6 months since I put credit in it so I think thats the problem.

I also can't access Vodafone online.

Can you look into this for me.
30.04.2019 06:00 #2
Any chance of a reply from the Vodafone Reps?
03.05.2019 06:41 #3
Phone is still not registered or working.  Any chance of a reply before the weekend.  I'm gonna take a wild guess and suspect I'll be back here commenting again next weekend :rolleyes:
03.05.2019 12:26 #4
Verified representative
Hi there,

It sounds like your number needs to be reconnected, can you send a PM with your number, address & DOB and a link to this thread so I can take a look?

- Aoife
09.05.2019 23:58 #5
My phone is now registered and working again.  But all of my phone credit has disappeared, almost £45 worth of credit.  Can you please restore this for me?
13.05.2019 08:04 #6
Just bumping this thread so the Vodafone reps can see it and give me back my credit.
13.05.2019 11:18 #7
The loss of your credit seems at odds with information on Vodafone's website. Hopefully the reps can clarify.

https://n.vodafone.ie/...-you-go/account.html

How long is top up credit valid?

When you top up, you can make calls for 6 months and receive calls for 8 months. After 8 months your call credit will expire.

Once you top up, all previous credit (even expired credit) becomes valid.

For example, if you go 9 months without topping up but have €5.00 credit left, you won't be able to make calls.
But if you then top up by €10.00, all €15.00 of your credit will be available for making calls over the next 6 months.
1 thank
13.05.2019 22:38 #8
Thanks for this information Quackster.  According to Vodafones own guidelines all of my credit should have been restored when I topped up.  Hopefully the Vodafone reps will correct this error and restore my credit soon.
16.05.2019 00:58 #9
Well still no answer from the Vodafone reps.

Its been 18 days since my first query and I'm still here typing away trying to get any kind of a response from Vodafone.  This really is the worst customer service experience I've ever had.

It took a full 5 days to get any response from Vodafone to get my phone reconnected.

It has now been 7 days since I asked for my phone credit to be restored and I have not had a single response from Vodafone, not even a 'send us your details' generic reply.

6 posts and 4 private messages and I'm still here.

It clearly states in your own terms and conditions that my expired credit should have been restored automatically when I topped up.

https://n.vodafone.ie/...-you-go/account.html

How long is top up credit valid?

When you top up, you can make calls for 6 months and receive calls for 8 months. After 8 months your call credit will expire.
Once you top up, all previous credit (even expired credit) becomes valid.

For example, if you go 9 months without topping up but have €5.00 credit left, you won't be able to make calls.
But if you then top up by €10.00, all €15.00 of your credit will be available for making calls over the next 6 months.

Any chance of a Vodafone rep restoring my phone credit before the weekend so I don't slip into a 4th week of dealing with this rubbish?
16.05.2019 16:07 #10
Are any Vodafone reps actually working today?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video