Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

richersounds.ie Representatives

5 hrs
Response Time
98%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Dolby Atmos setup Help

15.04.2019 21:47 #1
Hi Team, 

I am planning to setup Dolby Atmos home theatre system in my new home and am looking for recommendations. 

For the AV receivers, Was looking at Denon 2500 and Sony 1080. Could you please let me know which one is the best out of the 2 and why? Does these 2 Receivers support Active Subwoofers?

W.r.t the speakers, I am looking at something like Q Aquostics 3020i package or similar. However, I am not keen on running wires for the rear speakers. Are there any options that support this for the rear wireless speakers supported by these 2 AV receivers I mentioned above. 

Also, for the Atmos over the ceiling speakers, could you please give some recommendations? 

Thanks
PB
1 thank
16.04.2019 16:42 #2
Can someone respond to this thread please? 
1 thank
16.04.2019 18:05 #3
Originally posted by bharath.balla

Hi bharath.balla,

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Between the AV receivers I would recommend the Sony. Both have very similar features but for sound quality I think the Sony just edges out the Denon. It also won the What HiFi Award this year for best AV receiver in it's class. Unfortunately neither the Denon nor the Sony will work with wireless speakers so you would need to go for a wired speaker system.

The Q Acoustics is a great set however I would recommend the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 5.1 package which comes with the Award winning Bronze 2 fronts and the dedicated dipole/bipole rears which give greater dispersion for the rear channels. I could do a Sony STRDN1080 and a Monitor Audio Bronze 2 5.1 pack for £1410 (normal retail price £1649).

For Atmos speakers are you looking for in ceiling speakers or the upfiring Atmos speakers which are angled towards the ceiling?

If you are looking for in ceilings I would recommend matching the system with Monitor Audio C165s. i could do two of these for £178. The best stand alone/upfiring Atmos speakers would be the Elac A4 Atmos speakers at £249 but I could do a pair of these for £220.

Let me know what you think of this system and if you have any questions!

Kind regards

David
18.04.2019 17:08 #4
Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi bharath.balla,

Between the AV receivers I would recommend the Sony. Both have very similar features but for sound quality I think the Sony just edges out the Denon. It also won the What HiFi Award this year for best AV receiver in it's class. Unfortunately neither the Denon nor the Sony will work with wireless speakers so you would need to go for a wired speaker system.

The Q Acoustics is a great set however I would recommend the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 5.1 package which comes with the Award winning Bronze 2 fronts and the dedicated dipole/bipole rears which give greater dispersion for the rear channels. I could do a Sony STRDN1080 and a Monitor Audio Bronze 2 5.1 pack for £1410 (normal retail price £1649).

For Atmos speakers are you looking for in ceiling speakers or the upfiring Atmos speakers which are angled towards the ceiling?

If you are looking for in ceilings I would recommend matching the system with Monitor Audio C165s. i could do two of these for £178. The best stand alone/upfiring Atmos speakers would be the Elac A4 Atmos speakers at £249 but I could do a pair of these for £220.

Kind regards

David

Thanks So much David. Will get back to you on this. 
1 thank
18.04.2019 17:29 #5

Hi bharath.balla,

Kind regards

David

Thanks So much David. Will get back to you on this. 

No problem, keep me posted!

Kind regards

David
19.04.2019 10:12 #6

Kind regards

David

Hi David

Can you price up this bundle for me.
Sony 1080 Avr and Q Aquostics 3010i 5.1 surround speakers.

Also could you please let me know if both of these are available in stock in the Belfast Store. Or how long does it take for delivery to Dublin

Thanks
1 thank
19.04.2019 12:26 #7

Kind regards

David

Hi David

Can you price up this bundle for me.
Sony 1080 Avr and Q Aquostics 3010i 5.1 surround speakers.

Also could you please let me know if both of these are available in stock in the Belfast Store. Or how long does it take for delivery to Dublin

Thanks

Hi bharath.balla,

I could do:

Sony STRDN1080 plus the Q Acoustics 3010i pack for £999 or 1199 euro.

I currently have these available in our Belfast store in all colours. If you wanted delivery to Dublin they would be leaving on Tuesday and with you on either Wednesday or Thursday.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list