Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Virgin Media Ireland Representatives

21 hrs
Response Time
92%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12pm-3pm.

Broadband not connecting to Internet all day

09.04.2019 14:59 #1
I'm told this is a national problem, that I can connect to my hub from phone, laptop and tablet but none have Internet access. I have restarted the Horizon box, the hub and all 3 pieces of equipment. No luck. I phoned tech support and was told to call back after 4pm as they have a problem they are fixing, and my own additional problem that this is happening on a regular basis, but not for as long, needs to be logged when the national problem is fixed. I noticed this around 10:45 am and it still isn't fixed. If it's national, how has it not made the news bulletins?
Please hurry up and fix it - I'm having to use data on my phone, and it's becoming annoying not to have access to a normal size screen.
09.04.2019 18:21 #2
Category Moderator
Just came back here. Fingers crossed. Hope yours has too.
09.04.2019 18:28 #3
no, not really. My phone seems to be stable enough, but every time the laptop connects, it just cycles around the connection process then dumps me off. I've given up on the tablet for now,
I'm on the laptop with windows defender turned off! Will try to switch it on and see what happens, but with 3 different devices still in trouble, it can't be a windows problem - its only on one of the devices. :(
Gone again, before I finished writing. I hope this posts when I get a connection back.:mad:
When I switched between v4 and v6 DNS the addresses were telling me to f off, with a few bits of punctuation in between. Trying to send this from my phone before it drops the connection again.
Last edited by measurement: 09.04.2019 at 18:59.
10.04.2019 17:39 #4
Good news here! My problem was not related to the general problem, and a very patient lady went through all the steps with me, on the phone, then organised for someone to call out and check. This resulted in a new modem/hub, which is working perfectly now.
For those of you whose hubs are dropping the connection occasionally, or making you 'forget and reset' regularly, get the modem checked out.
It was all done in a couple of hours - the technical dept. being very efficient as usual thanks.
15.04.2019 12:00 #5
Verified representative
Originally posted by measurement
Good news here! My problem was not related to the general problem, and a very patient lady went through all the steps with me, on the phone, then organised for someone to call out and check. This resulted in a new modem/hub, which is working perfectly now.
For those of you whose hubs are dropping the connection occasionally, or making you 'forget and reset' regularly, get the modem checked out.
It was all done in a couple of hours - the technical dept. being very efficient as usual thanks.

So glad to hear you're back up and running, if anything else comes up just let us know :-) 

Thanks
15.04.2019 12:08 #6
I'm regularly getting disconnections which vary from 10 seconds to 1 minute. The HUB 3.0 is the equipment we have.

Is this the same kind of issue?
15.04.2019 12:26 #7
Verified representative
Originally posted by Xodar
I'm regularly getting disconnections which vary from 10 seconds to 1 minute. The HUB 3.0 is the equipment we have.

Hi Xodar, 

That would seem to be very different. 

When you're getting disconnected are you unable to get on line via Ethernet cabled connections as well as WiFi? 

Thanks
15.04.2019 13:30 #8
Originally posted by Virgin Media: Brian

Hi Xodar, 

That would seem to be very different. 

When you're getting disconnected are you unable to get on line via Ethernet cabled connections as well as WiFi? 

Thanks

Yes, disconnecting via LAN and WiFi
15.04.2019 13:35 #9
Verified representative
Yes, disconnecting via LAN and WiFi

We'll need to look into the signal levels between your modem and our network in that case - just pop us a PM to Virgin Media: Reps with your own full name, your acc number and any time / date details of the most recent drop out.

Thanks
16.04.2019 00:06 #10
Originally posted by Virgin Media: Brian
So glad to hear you're back up and running, if anything else comes up just let us know :-) 

Thanks

Just had a few niggles with speed, then my phone wouldn't connect when I got home. Solved by disabling the modem in the Horizon box. Why is this not on the checklist when a hub is installed?
All seems OK now.
17.04.2019 08:49 #11
I don't have any connection since Sunday evening, in Ballincollig, Co. Cork.
Contacted one of your Virgin media reps but still waiting on help, the hub is just blinking white for hours.
17.04.2019 12:38 #12
Verified representative
Originally posted by measurement

Just had a few niggles with speed, then my phone wouldn't connect when I got home. Solved by disabling the modem in the Horizon box. Why is this not on the checklist when a hub is installed?
All seems OK now.

Glad to hear that's sorted measurement, it's actually something we're looking into creating a process for. Right now it's a manual process of disabling those ancillary SSIDs on a case by case basis.

If you see any further issues just let us know here :-)

Thanks

Originally posted by Gby56
I don't have any connection since Sunday evening, in Ballincollig, Co. Cork.
Contacted one of your Virgin media reps but still waiting on help, the hub is just blinking white for hours.

Hi Gby56,

We've replied to your latest PM now, check when you have a moment.

Thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon