Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

13 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

External insulation and sky

29.03.2019 21:27 #1
Hi, wondering if anyone had an issue setting up sky satellite because of external cladding?
Was told this could be an issue. Currently have virgin media and we made a hole in the cladding for a cable.
01.04.2019 13:02 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by annoyedgal
Hi, wondering if anyone had an issue setting up sky satellite because of external cladding?
Was told this could be an issue. Currently have virgin media and we made a hole in the cladding for a cable.

Hi annoyedgal,

Thank you for your post.

Sky does not install equipment onto certain wall types, but in these cases the engineer will give other options. So in this instance we would book an engineer install and when they come out to do this install you can have a discussion with them about the cladding.

Kind regards,

Lynn
01.04.2019 16:09 #3
Thanks for the reply lynn. So would we book an enginner visit prior to signing up?
01.04.2019 16:47 #4
Verified representative
Thanks for the reply lynn. So would we book an enginner visit prior to signing up?

Hi annoyedgal,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Unfortunately not. An engineer visit would be required when you sign up to check this. We would not be able to organise a visit before hand.

Thanks,

Lynn
01.04.2019 22:08 #5
What are the other options available if your wall type is not suitable?
02.04.2019 13:09 #6
Verified representative
Hey Dale Doback,

Thanks for your post.

If the wall type is not suitable for Sky, we will be unable to provide you with the satellite service. Sky Broadband and Sky Talk may still be a possibility for your home.

Many thanks,
Joe
02.04.2019 13:36 #7
So following on from the above post there is probably no point in signing up and having an engineer come see the house if it's t.v. I'm after?
02.04.2019 14:56 #8
Verified representative
Hey annoyedgal,

Thanks again for posting on the Sky Ireland Boards page.

As you mentioned before the pre drilled hole that you have available in your home may be sufficient for the Sky install.

If you would like to send a PM with your contact details to Sky Ireland: Reps, I would be more than happy to get in touch with you.

Please bear in mind, PMs sent after 5pm will be picked up the next working day between 1pm - 5pm.

All the best,
Joe
02.04.2019 16:55 #9
He maybe able to put it on a chimney, or an external boundry wall
15.04.2019 22:02 #10
So I signed up for sky tv and an engineer is coming out in two weeks. If he or she says that we can't go ahead due to the insulation can I assume the 25 euro set up fee is returned?
16.04.2019 13:00 #11
Verified representative
So I signed up for sky tv and an engineer is coming out in two weeks. If he or she says that we can't go ahead due to the insulation can I assume the 25 euro set up fee is returned?

Hi annoyedgal,

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that if the installation cannot proceed any upfront payments will be refunded.

Kind regards,

Lynn
Today 00:33 #12
Originally posted by billbond4
He maybe able to put it on a chimney, or an external boundry wall

A structural engineer would recommend not adding it to a chimney

A garden wall would be a better option
Last edited by ted1: 19.04.2019 at 02:51.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video