Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Virgin Media Ireland Representatives

26 hrs
Response Time
97%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12pm-3pm.

Bills

14.03.2019 19:24 #1
Is there a reason for not sending out bills anymore?  I haven't had one in months. 
14.03.2019 20:34 #2
Originally posted by Hilly Bill
Is there a reason for not sending out bills anymore?  I haven't had one in months. 

Yeah this is a joke. They did this to my elderly mother. Stopped sending her bill. They cut her off. Charged her a reconnection fee PLUS a late fee all for not paying a bill they admit they never sent her.
14.03.2019 22:38 #3
From VMs point of view:

Save money by not sending out paper bills + make extra money from reconnection fees = win win!
15.03.2019 12:29 #4
Verified representative

Hi Hilly Bill, 

You may be on e-billing but if you would rather receive a paper bill we can change that for you here; just PM Virgin Media: Reps with your own full name and account number. You can also change that via My Virgin Media under you billing and payment options.

Thanks
15.03.2019 12:33 #5
Originally posted by Virgin Media: Brian

Hi Hilly Bill, 

You may be on e-billing but if you would rather receive a paper bill we can change that for you here; just PM Virgin Media: Reps with your own full name and account number. You can also change that via My Virgin Media under you billing and payment options.

Thanks

Did you automatically change people who opted into paper billing to ebilling without their written consent?
15.03.2019 12:40 #6
Verified representative
Originally posted by gordongekko
Did you automatically change people who opted into paper billing to ebilling without their written consent?

Some accounts were moved to ebilling but communication was made before this. That communication made it clear this change was being made, it outlined how we notify of new bills going forward and it provided 3 separate ways to opt out and receive paper bills; 

- Text "Paper + (your account number)" to 50123
- Call us on freephone 1908
- Via My Virgin Media

If you have any issues using any one of those three options just pop a PM to Virgin Media: Reps and we'll make the change for you :-)

Thanks
16.03.2019 00:28 #7

Hi Hilly Bill, 

Thanks

I never changed it to ebilling  you just stopped sending them. 
20.03.2019 11:52 #8
Verified representative

Your account may have been migrated to e-billing but we would have sent notice of that ahead of time along with info on how you can receive paper bills. 

I've outlined the ways to do that above (these were included on the communications I mentioned).

If you would like us to make the change to paper billing just drop a PM to Virgin Media: Reps and we'd be happy to help :-)

Thanks
20.03.2019 14:32 #9

Your account may have been migrated to e-billing but we would have sent notice of that ahead of time along with info on how you can receive paper bills. 

I've outlined the ways to do that above (these were included on the communications I mentioned).

If you would like us to make the change to paper billing just drop a PM to Virgin Media: Reps and we'd be happy to help :-)

Thanks

No written notice was sent
20.03.2019 14:37 #10
Verified representative
Originally posted by gordongekko
No written notice was sent

We'd certainly like to investigate that gorgongekko. As the account you're referencing is your mothers we'll need to speak to her directly due to GDPR. If she can call us on freephone 1908 any time before 9pm any weekday we'll follow up.

Thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon