Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
94%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Huawei P9 Warranty/Repair

12.03.2019 12:21 #1
I've had my P9 since June 2017, on a two year contract. Basically the charger no longer stays inserted when I try charge the phone, it's any charger I try. How do I get this repaired and I assume it's still covered under warranty?
12.03.2019 15:48 #2
Hi Fitzer1982,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you send us a private message here with your phone number, full name, address and mother's maiden name please? We can then check the account and advise further on this.

Thanks,
Natalie
13.03.2019 12:08 #3
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Natalie
Hi Fitzer1982,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you send us a private message here with your phone number, full name, address and mother's maiden name please? We can then check the account and advise further on this.

Thanks,
Natalie

Details sent, thanks
13.03.2019 12:38 #4
Verified representative
Hi Fitzer1982,

We've sent you a PM about this.

Cheers,
Luke
13.03.2019 14:12 #5
Just a heads up for anyone in the same position, Tesco are saying that my warranty is only 12 months with the and that my two year warranty is with Huawei. Just off the phone from their customer support, they are saying I have to contact huawei. Seems a bit ridiculous seen as my contract is for 2 years with tesco.
13.03.2019 14:16 #6
This is the case with all operators from what ive seen. Aside from that i wouldnt imagine this wouldnt be covered as it would be regarded as a consumable because you are plugging in and out frequently much like if you crack the screen
13.03.2019 14:33 #7
The phone should be able to maintain the USB port being used on a regular bases, the phone was not dropped which would be the case with a cracked screen. And when you say "This is the case with all operators from what ive seen" what exactly is your experience? Have you had the same thing happen or have an example?
Last edited by fitzer1982: 13.03.2019 at 14:37.
13.03.2019 14:42 #8
Yeah happend my last phone, same result, youre exerting a force plugging in/out causing wear and tear and the end of the day will be told that you caused the failing and will be up to you to prove otherwise
13.03.2019 14:47 #9
Thanks, 100% can see that argument happening but the USB port on most phones gets used once every day and they should be robust enough to handle it. Disappointing from a customer service point of view, I have two accounts with Tesco, combined I've been using them for 6 years. Not a chance will I renew this one in June and I'll move the other one next year, loyalty works both ways I guess.
Last edited by fitzer1982: 13.03.2019 at 14:50.
14.03.2019 09:17 #10
Hi fitzer1982,

We have sent you a private message. Feel free to get back to us at your own convenience.

Thanks,
Natalie
14.03.2019 12:07 #11
Originally posted by fitzer1982
Just a heads up for anyone in the same position, Tesco are saying that my warranty is only 12 months with the and that my two year warranty is with Huawei. Just off the phone from their customer support, they are saying I have to contact huawei. Seems a bit ridiculous seen as my contract is for 2 years with tesco.

Don't mind that "load of twaddle" rolled out by TM ( and a lot of other retailers BTW ).

Remember your warranty is in addition to your statute rights under consumer law and is not instead of and cannot in any way diminish or replace said rights.

Your contract of purchase is with Tesco Mobile and Tesco Mobile alone and therefore they as the retailer have a "duty of care" to you as the customer for the reasonable life expectancy of the item traded, ie. your phone.

"Life expectancy" of a phone would certainly be more than 20 months.

Your phone is either "faulty, not of merchantable quality or not fit for purpose", all of which fall under consumer law (Sale of goods and supply of services act 1980).

I had to resort to the small claims court on two occasions, after I had exhausted all other avenues with the retailer, both of whom were blatantly denying me my rights as a consumer. One was Xtravision (when they were selling phones) and the other was a well know large Electrical store. Phone was approx.16 months old and washing machine 36 months old.
Both retailers settled before hearing for full amount.

Most retailers are aware of your rights but will try their hardest to deny them to you by pawning you off to the manufacturer.

Thank you for coming back to public forum as TM just love to take everything to PM.
Last edited by Sparkrite: 14.03.2019 at 13:58.
14.03.2019 23:59 #12
Not your ornery onager
I had the same problem on the micro USB port on a different make phone. Only one particular cable would just about fit in.

Using a light, a magnifying glass and a needle, I got a load of fluff out of the port.

Problem solved, any cable works now.
19.03.2019 10:13 #13
Esel,

Depending what the issue is... A quick clean could possibly do the trick. However the device would need to be diagnosed to know what exactly was the issue and what may have happened along the way. Each device has it's own history and issues. We appreciate the feedback from everybody on this thread.

Reagrds,

Andrew
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image