Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
94%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Simply Prepan Text Bundle

11.03.2019 13:27 #1
Registered User
I've been on a simple prepay pan for several months now. Every month I topped up using the app by 15 euro and would then pay 10 euro for the add on unlimited text bundle.

So basically for 15 euro every 28 days I had unlimited Irish calls and text and unlimited data. This worked great, happy days !

Now when I top up by 15 there is not enough balance to buy the text add on, most of the top up seems to disappear. So texts are been charged at the standard rate until the remaining balance disappears after which I cannot text.

Question is what has changed, why is the top up not staying on the account ?
11.03.2019 13:47 #2
Hi harringtonp,


Please allow us to check your account and look into this for you.

If you wish to send us a private message in here with your full name, phone number, home address and mother's maiden name, we'll surely assist further.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
14.03.2019 16:02 #3
Registered User
The conclusion to this guys is that a while back I got a text inviting me to change to a plan where I could use the 4G network. On the outside it look liked the plan was the same except that I was getting 4G data in areas where it was available instead of 3G. I signed up but what wasn't mentioned in the text is that when you top up by 15 euro monthly you lose 10 euro (the 15 euro is taken away and a 5 euro "bonus" awarded). In the old plan you got to keep the 15 euro and it covered the 10 euro unlimited  text addon.

So with the old plan for 15 euro a month you got unlimited data, text and Irish calls, in the new plan you need to pay 20 euro.  Somehow I feel duped. I am not sure if this was mentioned in the fine print but I like most other (any they know it) didn't read it. 

Anyone else get caught out this way ?  I asked to go back but the old plan is gone. If 4G is faster than 3G it hasn't been noticeable to me and is certainly not worth the price tradeoff.
14.03.2019 16:19 #4
Hi Harringtonp,

I hope you are having a good day. The Simply Prepay plan is a little different the previous 3G plans. https://www.tescomobile.ie/about-us/terms/tcs-simply-prepay.aspx You can check out the details of the Simply Prepay plan on the link previous.

It certainly has it own benefits that the 3G tariff would not have including the faster internet speeds. We also offer ADD ONS that you can spend your €5 bonus credit on. Here is a link to those add ons. https://www.tescomobile.ie/add-ons.aspx

I hope you find value in the 4G plan.
14.03.2019 16:54 #5
Registered User
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Andrew P
Hi Harringtonp,

I hope you are having a good day. The Simply Prepay plan is a little different the previous 3G plans. https://www.tescomobile.ie/about-us/terms/tcs-simply-prepay.aspx You can check out the details of the Simply Prepay plan on the link previous.

It certainly has it own benefits that the 3G tariff would not have including the faster internet speeds. We also offer ADD ONS that you can spend your €5 bonus credit on. Here is a link to those add ons. https://www.tescomobile.ie/add-ons.aspx

I hope you find value in the 4G plan.

Thanks for the quick responses, I do appreciate that and realize you guys often unfairly bear the brunt of customers ire.  As in most situations the bottom line is cost and it  does go up in the new plan. I do see from your link however that when I next top up I should be able to use the 5 euro bonus to buy 100 texts which with careful use will keep me within the old 15 EURO rate
15.03.2019 09:15 #6
Hi Harringtonp,


If you wish to send text messages to other networks on the new offer, we have introduced a new €5 text bundle for 100 texts which you can purchase using the €5 bonus credit. You can text the word: Texts to 17208 to buy this bundle. Full details about this bundle can be seen here - https://www.tescomobile.ie/add-ons.aspx

Many Thanks,
Caitlin
15.03.2019 23:11 #7
Registered User
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Caitlin
Hi Harringtonp,


If you wish to send text messages to other networks on the new offer, we have introduced a new €5 text bundle for 100 texts which you can purchase using the €5 bonus credit. You can text the word: Texts to 17208 to buy this bundle. Full details about this bundle can be seen here - https://www.tescomobile.ie/add-ons.aspx

Many Thanks,
Caitlin
Get a grip of yourself Caitlin he already knows about the text bundle, do all of you not read what people put up on here as your responses are pathetic.
16.03.2019 03:50 #8
Registered User
I fell into the same trap / con.

Çarphonewarehouse / 3 Ireland are doing a special offer for Tesco mobile customers. €15 every 30 days for all calls texts and all u can eat 4g data. 30 day rolling contract valid for 12 months.
https://www.carphonewa...ve-from-tesco-mobile

It requires a direct debit but it's 15e every 30 days.

Offer only available through car phone warehouse.
Hope this helps the rest of TM customers that were conned.
28.03.2019 09:01 #9
Registered User
Hi Guys,

I topped up by 15 euro last night and got the 5 euro bonus credit. I am trying to buy the once off 100 SMS bundle before I text and my bonus credit goes under 5 euro but am getting the error message shown below.

Question is can the bonus credit not be used to buy the text bundle ? 

And if this is the case what can it be used for ?

Thanks Paul.

Attached Images

28.03.2019 12:17 #10
Hi harringtonp,

Please send us a private message in here with your full name, phone number, home address and mother's maiden name to verify the account first.

We'll surely investigate the matter further. The Bonus credit can be used indeed to purchase a text bundle. That's the reason why we need to look into this for you.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
28.03.2019 12:31 #11
Registered User
Just tried again through the website and that worked even though the mobile app wasn't allowing it.

Sorted,
Thanks Paul
28.03.2019 12:31 #12
Originally posted by harringtonp
Hi Guys,

I topped up by 15 euro last night and got the 5 euro bonus credit. I am trying to buy the once off 100 SMS bundle before I text and my bonus credit goes under 5 euro but am getting the error message shown below.

Question is can the bonus credit not be used to buy the text bundle ? 

And if this is the case what can it be used for ?

Thanks Paul.

Try:-


Text "Texts" to 174208
29.03.2019 09:28 #13
Hi harringtonp,

Delighted to hear that's all sorted for you now.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us again, should you need further assistance from our end.

Have a good day,

Ileana.
29.03.2019 09:28 #14
Hi harringtonp,

Delighted to hear that's all sorted for you now.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us again, should you need further assistance from our end.

Have a good day,

Ileana.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion