Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

richersounds.ie Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Denon CEOL RCDN10

10.03.2019 16:35 #1
I'm looking to buy a new Hi Fi system and the Denon RCD N10 seems to tick all the right boxes.

Are there any others that I should consider in the same price range?

What's your best Boardie price on the Denon RCD N10 at the moment (£ & €) and does it come with an extended RS guarantee; like your TVs do?

Thanks for your help,

ArcticFox
1 thank
11.03.2019 12:45 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by ArcticFox
I'm looking to buy a new Hi Fi system and the Denon RCD N10 seems to tick all the right boxes.

What's your best Boardie price on the Denon RCD N10 at the moment (£ & €) and does it come with an extended RS guarantee; like your TVs do?

Thanks for your help,

ArcticFox

Hi ArticFox.

Thanks for the post.

The RCDN10 has been a very good seller and is a very well spec'd unit.

Currently retails for £369 or 419 Euro
https://euro.richersou...em-exc-speakers.aspx

I could squeeze this down to £349 or 410 Euro delivered.

It does not include our 6 year guarantee free of charge but it can be added for 10% of the price. (£34.90 or 41.00 Euro)

Let me know your thoughts.
11.03.2019 20:06 #3
Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks for your help,

ArcticFox

Hi ArticFox.

Thanks for the post.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203651-denon-ceol-rcdn10-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

It does not include our 6 year guarantee free of charge but it can be added for 10% of the price. (£34.90 or 41.00 Euro)

Fantastic - sold! Thanks Kenny
I'll drop you a PM with my details now.
2 thanks
13.03.2019 10:50 #4
Verified representative

Thanks for your help,

ArcticFox

Hi ArticFox.

Thanks for the post.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203651-denon-ceol-rcdn10-black-streaming-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

Fantastic - sold! Thanks Kenny
I'll drop you a PM with my details now.

Hi ArticFox.

I was off yesterday but hopefully one of my colleagues called you and looked after you?
14.01.2020 00:26 #5
I have had Denon Cel N9 with dali zensor 1 speakers for the past 5 years. I am starting to consider an upgrade. The Ceol N10 seems a nice little unit. In terms of sound quality, is the new Ceol the same as the Marantz Melody X (MCR 612)?
1 thank
14.01.2020 11:12 #6
Originally posted by sidegolo
I have had Denon Cel N9 with dali zensor 1 speakers for the past 5 years. I am starting to consider an upgrade. The Ceol N10 seems a nice little unit. In terms of sound quality, is the new Ceol the same as the Marantz Melody X (MCR 612)?

Hi sidegolo,

The N10 is a fantastic unit with a very good amplifier. I personally think the amp in the Marantz is a bit better as it will drive a second set of speakers but in terms of sound quality they are quite similar!

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David
15.01.2020 01:26 #7
Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi sidegolo,

The N10 is a fantastic unit with a very good amplifier. I personally think the amp in the Marantz is a bit better as it will drive a second set of speakers but in terms of sound quality they are quite similar!

Kind regards

David

The only concern I have regarding the Marantz MCR 612 is that according to the What hifi review the "sound lack excitement". If the Ceol N10 is similar then it would have have the same issue. I can't find any review on the What hifi site for the CEOL N10...on the other hand both systems got the ESA award in 2018 and 2019...
2 thanks
15.01.2020 15:45 #8

Hi sidegolo,

Kind regards

David

The only concern I have regarding the Marantz MCR 612 is that according to the What hifi review the "sound lack excitement". If the Ceol N10 is similar then it would have have the same issue. I can't find any review on the What hifi site for the CEOL N10...on the other hand both systems got the ESA award in 2018 and 2019...

Hi sidegolo,

I've heard them both running and I think it really depends what speakers you match them with. I've never found them to lack excitement, I think they're great amps and probably the best sounding mini systems before paying quite a bit of money extra.

I can certainly let you have a listen to them if you were able to pop in for a demo?

Kind regards

David
1 thank
20.01.2020 22:15 #9
Thanks David! I live in Dublin so it's not the best option for me to pop over for an audition.

I do have a few more questions though:

- Does the Marantz support MQA with Tidal?

- Any particular set of speakers you recommend for the Melody X? Would my current speakers Dali Zensor 1 be a good match?

- As with speakers cables i have been using Audioquest G2 that i was sold with my the speakers and amplifier. Would they work with the Marantz or would you recommend any particular ones?

Thanks again!
1 thank
21.01.2020 13:46 #10
Verified representative
Thanks David! I live in Dublin so it's not the best option for me to pop over for an audition.

I do have a few more questions though:

- Does the Marantz support MQA with Tidal?

- Any particular set of speakers you recommend for the Melody X? Would my current speakers Dali Zensor 1 be a good match?

- As with speakers cables i have been using Audioquest G2 that i was sold with my the speakers and amplifier. Would they work with the Marantz or would you recommend any particular ones?

Thanks again!

Hey Sidegolo.

The MCR612 will do His res Audio up to 24-Bit/192kHz and as far as I can gather online MQA runs at 24-Bit/96kHz.
On teh Marantz website it has the following:
There's high-res audio support up to and including 24-bit/192kHz and double DSD (5.6MHz), and the M-CR612 has four channels of power amplification – meaning you can drive two different pairs of speakers in different rooms and adjust their volume independently

You Dali Zensor 1 will run well with the MCR612 but if you wanted a change you could look at the following:
DAli Spektor 2 priced at £179
https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202964-dali-spektor-2-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

Monitor Audio Bronze 1 priced at £189
https://www.richersoun...eakers-per-pair.aspx

You would still be able to use your G2 speaker cable as it is pretty decent already.

27.01.2020 21:59 #11
I have seen the reviews online for both the ceol n10 and mcr612 and the general concern is the unreliable wireless connection.I sometimes experience the same with my current unit and i'd expect the embedded software to be better in the new models...anyway i will try and sell my ceol n9 first. Then I will get back to you to make the purchase for either the denon or marantz. I would not mind any manufacturer refurbished/grade B model to save a few quids :-)
2 thanks
28.01.2020 09:57 #12
I have seen the reviews online for both the ceol n10 and mcr612 and the general concern is the unreliable wireless connection.I sometimes experience the same with my current unit and i'd expect the embedded software to be better in the new models...anyway i will try and sell my ceol n9 first. Then I will get back to you to make the purchase for either the denon or marantz. I would not mind any manufacturer refurbished/grade B model to save a few quids :-)

Hi sidegolo,

No problem, let me know when it's sold and I'll see what we have available!

Kind regards

David
2 thanks
22.02.2020 16:49 #13

Hi sidegolo,

Kind regards

David

Hello,

Have you got any refurbished ceol n10 available then? I found one on eBay for £269.99 + £64.86 delivery (https://www.ebay.ie/it...:g:bwUAAOSwLMRcflxP) and i was wondering if you price-match.

Cheers!
1 thank
22.02.2020 16:55 #14
Verified representative

Hi sidegolo,

Kind regards

David

Hello,

Have you got any refurbished ceol n10 available then?

Hi Sidegolo.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately there are currently no N10's in clearance.

They are priced at £399 brand new.
I could offer a brand now one to you for £340 delivered.
10.03.2020 00:08 #15

Hi sidegolo,

Kind regards

David

Hello,

Have you got any refurbished ceol n10 available then?

Hi Sidegolo.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately there are currently no N10's in clearance.

They are priced at £399 brand new.
I could offer a brand now one to you for £340 delivered.

Which one is better between the CEOL N10 and the mcr612 for lossless and high resolution music playback? I'm asking as my music collection is entirely on FLAC files and a few DSD.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon