Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

12 hrs
Response Time
96%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco Mobile Ireland No Service In Spain

08.03.2019 11:49 #1
When I arrived in Spain it worked fine and roaming was on movistar, but yesterday it stopped data and calls and texts but still shows full signal on movistar network. It's simply prepay and was topped up on 5th march on my android HTC desire. I can't even access my Tesco account online which I accessed from WiFi in a cafe. What's going on? It seems I'm eliminated on Tesco mobile Ireland!
08.03.2019 12:25 #2
Hi Koalaface,

Please send us a private message in here with your phone number, full name, home address and mother's maiden name.

Once the account is validated, we'll make sure that your roaming services are fully up to date on our end and advise further on this.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
16.03.2019 04:00 #3
Originally posted by Koalaface
When I arrived in Spain it worked fine and roaming was on movistar, but yesterday it stopped data and calls and texts but still shows full signal on movistar network. It's simply prepay and was topped up on 5th march on my android HTC desire. I can't even access my Tesco account online which I accessed from WiFi in a cafe. What's going on? It seems I'm eliminated on Tesco mobile Ireland!

Hi 

Tesco Mobile do this to prevent you using data while abroad. 
It will work fine for a day or two. 
They then change your access details in your phone settings to stop you being able to log on. 
This happened to me and my wife any time I roam in Europe. 
I got a phone call from a mate in Spain recently with the same issue looking for help fix the issue. 

The best solution to get TMI to cop on to themselves is to talk with your feet. 
If they loose enough loyal customers they will change the conning practices. 

Çarphonewarehouse / 3 Ireland are doing a special offer for Tesco mobile customers. €15 every 30 days for all calls texts and all u can eat 4g data. 30 day rolling contract valid for 12 months.
https://www.carphonewa...ve-from-tesco-mobile
22.03.2019 11:44 #4
Originally posted by still queueing
Originally posted by Koalaface

Hi 

Tesco Mobile do this to prevent you using data while abroad. 
It will work fine for a day or two. 
They then change your access details in your phone settings to stop you being able to log on. 
This happened to me and my wife any time I roam in Europe. 
I got a phone call from a mate in Spain recently with the same issue looking for help fix the issue. 

The best solution to get TMI to cop on to themselves is to talk with your feet. 
If they loose enough loyal customers they will change the conning practices. 

Çarphonewarehouse / 3 Ireland are doing a special offer for Tesco mobile customers. €15 every 30 days for all calls texts and all u can eat 4g data. 30 day rolling contract valid for 12 months.
https://www.carphonewa...ve-from-tesco-mobile

Why would TM prevent users using data while abroad?  Do you have any proof to back this up?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video