Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

8 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

Switched over to Sky months ago, but Vodafone still charging me?

06.03.2019 17:56 #1
Hi,

I switched over to Sky Ultra broadband in January, and have been using the service. And today Vodafone rings me and looks like they are still charging me and two months of payment is due. I was specifically told by Sky reps that the switch over process will take care of everything?

Any thoughts / suggestions who I should contact?

thanks a million!
Pos.
06.03.2019 18:02 #2
You  contact Vodafone as they are charging you for a service you don't use and aren't subscribed to
07.03.2019 09:57 #3
Thanks, Perhaps I should have been clearer in my question - Vodafone contacting me and asking for payment is because the subscription with them is still active (according to them) and they don't even know that I have switched to Sky (again, according to them). 

So for me to go back to Vodafone, I am looking for some sort of advice / documentation / reference / anything from Sky regarding this. Or perhaps Sky should deal with Vodafone directly? 

Thanks for looking into this!
07.03.2019 13:48 #4
Hi positron,

Thanks for your post.

Yeah we can certainly look into this for you and check your Sky services.

If you'd like to send a PM to Sky Ireland: Reps with your name and number I can give you a call to discuss.

Thanks,
Louise.
1 thank
07.03.2019 19:51 #5
did you give sky your uan when you transferred? have you got just one phone number? 
08.03.2019 13:29 #6
I don't have another phone line - I was switching from Vodafone SIRO to Sky Ultra in January.

Thanks Louise for the call explaining everything, providing reference number and for fixing my email address on Sky's records - that explains the missing emails. I will get in touch with Vodafone and find out what's up there and will update here as well. 
14.03.2019 21:55 #7
Update, but not good news I am afraid! 

I spoke to Vodafone and explained the situation, they took the details (including the switch over reference number) to their 'escalations team', and they came back today to say that they are absolutely certain that Sky has not switched over the CRN - and suggests that perhaps Sky started a new line / CRN for this connection.

Vodafone also said the payment is due today, and before I had a chance to get off work and speak to Sky, broadband is no longer working. POS light in ONT is gone.

After trying to usual - modem reboot, trying LAN/Wireless, multiple phones and tablets etc in vein, I finally rang Sky technical support and they got me to restart the ONT as well as reset the modem as well just to exhaust any possible issues. No internet.

Sounds like Vodafone pulled the plug on me?! Sky technical person asked me to dial a UK number (0044 330 xxxxxxx) to get their fiber team to "port flex", but they are closed till 8:30 tomorrow. Also I am not sure why isn't there an Ireland number for this?

As with everything, it couldn't have happened at a worse possible time as I need to work from home tomorrow, and VPN over mobile data is completely useless here!
15.03.2019 07:15 #8
Internet back this morning. POS light still off on ONT, Sky technician was completely wrong. Not sure exactly what went down last night. 
15.03.2019 13:19 #9
Verified representative
Originally posted by positron
Internet back this morning. POS light still off on ONT, Sky technician was completely wrong. Not sure exactly what went down last night. 

Hi positron,

Thank you for taking my call this afternoon. As advised I have sent you a PM with the details you need to provide to Vodafone for proof of transfer.

Kind regards,

Lynn
1 thank
15.03.2019 13:35 #10
Hi Lynn, thanks for the call and the details. Can you please send / resend that PM, I didn't get it for some reason. Thank you.
15.03.2019 14:25 #11
Verified representative
Originally posted by positron
Hi Lynn, thanks for the call and the details. Can you please send / resend that PM, I didn't get it for some reason. Thank you.

Hi positron,

I don't know what happened there. I have resent it now anyway :)

Thanks,

Lynn
15.03.2019 14:26 #12
Yep, got it this time, thanks again!
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center