Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

15 hrs
Response Time
80%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Making the Switch (Current Account) - What do I need?

05.03.2019 17:13 #1
I am looking to make the move to KBC and have the switching form downloaded, ready to fill in. Is this all that I need to bring with me to a KBC Hub? I assume some sort of ID, but do I also need proof of address? 

Alternatively, do I do the sign-up process online and upload documentation and then bring in the switching form to the hub? And typically how long does the initial signing up process take?

Thanks!
06.03.2019 11:44 #2
Verified representative
Hi Sabre

Thanks for getting in touch. You can apply for an account with us over the phone on 1800 51 52 53, in any of our hubs, online here https://www.kbc.ie/Our-Products/KBC-Current-Account/Current-Account/Extra or you can download our app to your phone and apply through that.

If you apply through the app the account can be open in just a few minutes, if you apply in our hubs we need 1 proof of address and 1 proof of ID, if you apply online or over the phone we will need two of each.

Once you have applied for your account you can send the switching form to KBC Bank, Sandwith St, Dublin 2 or drop it into one of our hubs - we require the hard copy of this form. Once we receive this form our switching team will work with your old bank to get your details switched over.

If you have any further queries do not hesitate to contact us on 1800 93 92 44 or +353 1 664 6100 from abroad
Thanks

Dean
1 thank
06.03.2019 12:21 #3
Thanks! I'll give the app a go and drop in the switching form in the coming days.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video