Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

6 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm
(excluding public holidays)

Nest

17.03.2019 10:30 #16
Originally posted by AndyBoBandy
Here’s my boiler fuse box, do you have something similar?

Hi AndyBoBandy,

So light is on, on the fused switch beside the Heatlink, like your photo. But no light on the Heatlink at all. No eletricians here and unsure what to do until Tuesday. An Electric Ireland rep installed the unit so probably have to wait it out until I can speak with them on Tuesday.

Brrrr for the next couple of days!!
17.03.2019 10:34 #17
Sounds like it was wired up bad then, perhaps a wire came loose thus killing the power to the unit!

Do you have any electric heaters you can use in the evenings to get a bit of heat into the house?

Perhaps nip down to your local Argos or Woodies and pick something up?
(Obviously if you do this don’t ever leave it plugged in and unattended).
17.03.2019 10:44 #18
Sounds like it was wired up bad then, perhaps a wire came loose thus killing the power to the unit!

Do you have any electric heaters you can use in the evenings to get a bit of heat into the house?

Perhaps nip down to your local Argos or Woodies and pick something up?
(Obviously if you do this don’t ever leave it plugged in and unattended).

Thankfully we have a stove so that will heat our living room. Just unfortunate that it happens over a long weekend!!
17.03.2019 18:18 #19
Originally posted by Elottois
Hi AndyBoBandy,

So light is on, on the fused switch beside the Heatlink, like your photo. But no light on the Heatlink at all. No eletricians here and unsure what to do until Tuesday. An Electric Ireland rep installed the unit so probably have to wait it out until I can speak with them on Tuesday.

Brrrr for the next couple of days!!

Pull fuse cover out and pop back in.
21.03.2019 09:18 #20
Did you get all sorted OP?
23.03.2019 06:59 #21
Did you get all sorted OP?

Hi AndyBoBandy,

Yes we got sorted Electric Ireland was able to get the technician out on the Wednesday. It was a fault with the neutral wire within the Heatlink. So as he said himself "human error". But he very kindly rewired it and a switch which I can use to turn on the oil burner should anything happen to the Heatlink or Nest again.

Thank you for your advice!!
04.07.2019 12:40 #22
Is there a very basic intro to NEST published online somewhere that I can download and print in paper copy.  I'm a technophobe and honestly find paper is my best way of learning!
04.07.2019 14:39 #23
Verified representative
Hi Maire,

Thanks for getting in touch.

This page on the Electric Ireland Shop website contains information and further links to other pages (and a video) on how the Nest Learning Thermostat works, for customers interested in availing of it through Electric Ireland.

Let us know if you have further questions, and we can either advise or direct you to the relevant department.

Kind regards,
Una
05.07.2019 10:09 #24
thanks, Una, I'll have a go at this first ... my new nest was installed last Friday and I'm looking forward to getting to grips with it.
1 thank
22.07.2019 15:23 #25
Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place or not. I'm interested in the Nest thermostat. My house was built in 2004, oil boiler Grant 90/120, bungalow with underfloor heating for kitchen, utility & bathroom and radiators in the other rooms. I have 3 timer switches, 1 for underfloor, 1 for radiators and 1 for hot water. I have 2 thermostats, 1 in the kitchen for the underfloor and 1 in main bedroom for the radiators. I got onto Electric Ireland about the Nest but they said the Climote suits my system, €490 installed (seems a bit steep). I checked out Climote on Electric Ireland website and it has capability for 3 different zones but it says it not suited for underfloor heating! I'm totally confused now. Can anyone give me some advice please. I'm looking to change energy provider for Electricity from Bord Gais, that's where I spotted the Nest available from Electric Ireland for €130 installed ...

Attached Images

22.07.2019 15:29 #26
Verified representative
Hi Coley35,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

There is the option of two Nest thermostats/installations - one at €130, the other at €270.

Contact the Home Energy Services team again for more details on this, as they are the department with all of that information - 1850 372 333, open until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Kind regards,
Una
1 thank
22.07.2019 15:48 #27
Coley35, from the climote website http://www.climote.ie/products/climote-compatibility-check/:
If your heating is controlled from a single timeswitch or programmer centrally located then climote is compatible and will simply replace your existing. However if it is controlled from a number of programmable room thermostats you may need to make some alterations to your existing system. Check with the installer

I didn't clip that quote, that's what's written on the site. It's basically saying, it won't be simply a case of popping off the old clock on the wall and fitting a Climote. That's probably why you're being quoted €500.

actually... maybe you should shop around
How much does Climote cost?
At the initial purchase and installation stage, you’ll pay €399 for a Climote system if you buy directly from Climote. This includes a €19 fee you’ll pay for remote access for your first year.

Remote access costs €36 per year for subsequent years.

If you decide to go with nest, you'll need 2 nests . One for each zone (radiator and underfloor), and one of them can also control the hot water (on/off). A second nest costs approx €210. You'll probably need a thermostat (not a smart device) for the hot water if you don't already have one. And then installation on top of it. You're probably talking €500 if you go with Nest.  

Just noticed you posted a pic.. sorry I'm not technical. Just telling you my experience. I was getting a new heating system so got the Nest installed at the same time so I couldn't even tell you how much it cost apart from I bought 2 thermostats from amazon for £180 each and put one in a bedroom (upstairs heating) and one in the living room (downstairs).

Fairly happy with them so far. And no yearly fee with google. It works great with google home/google assistant.
Last edited by antix80: 22.07.2019 at 16:02.
1 thank
22.07.2019 16:04 #28
Verified representative
Hi all,

Climote can be purchased through Electric Ireland for €90 and it is suitable for a build with more than one space heating zone. However, if there are compatibility issues relating to the property's heating system, two Nest thermostats can be purchased through Electric Ireland - one for the special offer of €130 (including installation) and a second one at €270 (still a reduction on the RRP).

Here is the full offer, with the Nest thermostat/installation for €130, for switching to Electric Ireland.

Home Services can go into more detail, and address any uncertainties. They liaise with the technicians also.

Kind regards,
Una
2 thanks
25.07.2019 12:26 #29
My nest was installed a few weeks ago, one option for controlling heating, one for water.  I only tried it for water last night but got heating as well so looks like both are linked on that part of the program.  How do I separate it to only activate for water?
25.07.2019 12:33 #30
Verified representative
Originally posted by Maire Bhig
My nest was installed a few weeks ago, one option for controlling heating, one for water.  I only tried it for water last night but got heating as well so looks like both are linked on that part of the program.  How do I separate it to only activate for water?

Hi Maire,

Here in the Social Media department, we look after general information about the Nest offer, however when it comes to the technical workings, we need to direct you to the dedicated Home Services team. They are available on 1850 372 333 until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Kind regards,
Una
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image