Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

15 hrs
Response Time
80%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Long time to open joint account...

28.02.2019 10:25 #1
Hi,

Me and my wife have been trying to open a joint account since 1st Feb. On the 6th, I got confirmation that all documentation was received and it should be processed. Since then, I'd send a few email asking for the current state and always got the same answer saying it's still in progress, escalated to the relevant team and I would receive all your details in the post.

Well, it's the end of February and I still haven't received anything :(

What is the regular time to open an account? How longer should we be waiting?

Regards,
Ricardo Almeida
28.02.2019 11:04 #2
Ours was opened within a few days. Approx five days I believe, from the day we accepted the terms and conditions email. Did you get that email and reply to it?
28.02.2019 11:14 #3
Verified representative
Originally posted by i23098
Hi,

Me and my wife have been trying to open a joint account since 1st Feb. On the 6th, I got confirmation that all documentation was received and it should be processed. Since then, I'd send a few email asking for the current state and always got the same answer saying it's still in progress, escalated to the relevant team and I would receive all your details in the post.

Regards,
Ricardo Almeida

Good morning Ricardo, thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear you have been experiencing trouble opening your joint account with KBC. I can arrange a call with one of our agents for you to check on the status of your application if you provide your best contact number, otherwise you can Freephone the team on 1800 51 52 53 or abroad 0035316646666​​​​​​​. Thanks, Katie
28.02.2019 11:15 #4
Originally posted by ProjectMoose
Ours was opened within a few days. Approx five days I believe, from the day we accepted the terms and conditions email. Did you get that email and reply to it?

Yes, I replied to that email immediately... Later, I also got a phone call, where I confirmed it again... and more days have passed :(
Last edited by i23098: 28.02.2019 at 14:34.
28.02.2019 11:18 #5
Originally posted by AskKBC: Dean
Originally posted by i23098
Hi,

Regards,
Ricardo Almeida

Good morning Ricardo, thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear you have been experiencing trouble opening your joint account with KBC. I can arrange a call with one of our agents for you to check on the status of your application if you provide your best contact number, otherwise you can Freephone the team on 1800 51 52 53 or abroad 0035316646666​​​​​​​. Thanks, Katie

Sent in Private Message
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon