Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
94%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Service dropping

22.02.2019 14:04 #1
Hi, 

My connection is dropping constantly for the last few days.
I either set the phone to airplane or reboot to regain connection.
Is there an issue with the service currently.

thanks
22.02.2019 16:26 #2
Hi somedood,

We can look into that for you. Please send us a private message here with make and model of the phone you are using.

Thanks,
Antun
25.02.2019 20:09 #3
My wife and I are both with Tesco mobile and we have been having a lot of trouble with the service dropping the last couple of weeks,

We have to restart the phones to get them going again
26.02.2019 08:49 #4
Hi tfer,

Please allow us to look into this for you.

Send us a private message in here with your phone number, full name, home address and mother's maiden name.

As soon as the account is validated, we'll check the local coverage and provide the correct configuration settings to get the matter sorted.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
07.03.2019 11:50 #5
Hello,
I've had a very similar issue. The service has dropped very badly on at least 3 occasions in the last 2 weeks. South Dublin. This morning, (5 hours), 20th February (2-3 hrs) and whilst in Belfast 23rd Feb. I've noted quite a few "Emergency calls only" statuses on it too, but luckily this has not been when I was trying to use it for anything at the time. 
Have had to do multiple restarts to get it back on the network.
Cheers
07.03.2019 13:14 #6
Has been an ongoing problem  for many months now affecting a lot of customers, just
do a search for several threads pertaining to this.

And the standard reply is still, ad nausea, being trundled out !

Instead of admitting that there is a nationwide problem with the TM network setup they
want to know what is written on your mothers birth certificate !!

To TM :- Identifying the complainant is NOT going to fix the problem, it hasn't over the last year or so
and it will NOT today either.
07.03.2019 13:19 #7
This happened to me. My phone seemed to disconnect when travelling between masts and wouldn't reconnect properly again. Data would work, but I wouldn't even realise that the mobile connection was not working until people started telling me they couldn't call me. I had to enable then disable airplane mode to reconnect. Switched phone, same thing happened. Tesco support were no help. F*ck that. I switched provider.
07.03.2019 14:20 #8
^^
My wife has had terrible TM coverage issues since the switch to 4G, mostly in two local towns, both with fringe 4G reception according to this Comreg Map
She'd not get any texts, data or calls. I changed her phone to only connect to 2G/3G and it's been perfect since. She's not a data user, so it makes no odds for her that it's only 3G. The ability to get calls and texts matters more to her.
07.03.2019 15:43 #9
That is very useful to know about the 4G/3G!
I recently switched from an old "non" smartphone, which had zero issues with text delivery or sending and which I had been using for many years. 
Ditto, the data supply seems unaffected by the text message problem, I'd been happily listening to a radio app all morning completely oblivious that my texts had not been sending. 
Tesco, this is a really serious problem. It becomes a safety issue when you end up stuck out alone and lost at night, which is what happened to me.
07.03.2019 23:09 #10
Originally posted by smunchkins
That is very useful to know about the 4G/3G!
I recently switched from an old "non" smartphone, which had zero issues with text delivery or sending and which I had been using for many years. 
Ditto, the data supply seems unaffected by the text message problem, I'd been happily listening to a radio app all morning completely oblivious that my texts had not been sending. 
Tesco, this is a really serious problem. It becomes a safety issue when you end up stuck out alone and lost at night, which is what happened to me.

You shouldn’t be relying on a mobile phone for safety as mobile networks by their nature are unreliable, that’s why emergency services don’t use them.
07.03.2019 23:16 #11
Originally posted by 200motels
You shouldn’t be relying on a mobile phone for safety as mobile networks by their nature are unreliable, that’s why emergency services don’t use them.

Yeah, but on the off chance that you don't have flares with you, they are quite handy.
2 thanks
08.03.2019 08:37 #12
Hi smunchkins,

If you have the time could you please send us a private messages with your name, address, mother's maiden name, phone number and make/model of the device. We can work through a troubleshoot to improve your service.

Once your account is validated we can make sure your services are up to date from our end.

If you'd like to contact Customer Care over the phone, you can dial 1749 from your Tesco Mobile phone or 089 420 0000 from a alternative network.

Thank you,
Andrew.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image