Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

eir Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 12pm - 5pm

Connecting to a different Exchange\Cabinet

19.02.2019 14:38 #1
Hi
Our business is in a large Industrial estate. Less than 10 meters from our front door is a fibre cabinet.
On more than one occasion in the past we have tried to get decent broadband (currently approx 5Mb) and each time and order was approved and placed for fibre.
However when the KN engineers arrived they checked the cabinet and said we are not connected into it so they could not give us a supply.
Is there any way to arrange for a new connection to be obtained, one which connects us to an appropriate cabinet\Exchange?
Going through the standard channels does not seem to get us anywhere, so I hope that you can help or at least point us to whatever dept could facilitate this.

Let me know if you need Account/Location details

Thank you
20.02.2019 10:17 #2
Originally posted by ArtyM
Hi
Our business is in a large Industrial estate. Less than 10 meters from our front door is a fibre cabinet.
On more than one occasion in the past we have tried to get decent broadband (currently approx 5Mb) and each time and order was approved and placed for fibre.
However when the KN engineers arrived they checked the cabinet and said we are not connected into it so they could not give us a supply.
Is there any way to arrange for a new connection to be obtained, one which connects us to an appropriate cabinet\Exchange?
Going through the standard channels does not seem to get us anywhere, so I hope that you can help or at least point us to whatever dept could facilitate this.

Thank you

Hi ArtyM

You would need to email FibrePower@openeir.ie and explain the situation to them.  They may be able to assist you. 

Many thanks

~Linzi
1 thank
20.02.2019 17:44 #3
Ok, Have sent them an email
Hopefully will get a positive reply
Thank you

Originally posted by eir: Linzi
Originally posted by ArtyM
Hi

Thank you

Hi ArtyM

You would need to email FibrePower@openeir.ie and explain the situation to them.  They may be able to assist you. 

Many thanks

~LinziOk, 
20.02.2019 21:52 #4
You have pretty much zero chance of getting a line moved
Other option is order a new line and hope it gets attached to the cabinet.
21.02.2019 14:14 #5
Originally posted by fritzelly
You have pretty much zero chance of getting a line moved
Other option is order a new line and hope it gets attached to the cabinet.

Thanks Fritzelly
Tried the new line order before and always got connected to an unsuitable cabinet
It was a case of 'yes we can do that',  'sure, we can do that, then the Engineer would come out and say 'No, we cant do that'.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video