Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Bank of Ireland Representatives

6 hrs
Response Time
96%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

Charged €13 to take £30 out at a bank of Scotland ATM ?

11.02.2019 14:33 #1
Hi I’m a BOI customer I just withdrew £30 out of a bank of Scotland ATM and the total charge In euro on my 365 account is 47.00 ?? How can that be right ?
11.02.2019 14:41 #2
Originally posted by LizzeyBenett
Hi I’m a BOI customer I just withdrew £30 out of a bank of Scotland ATM and the total charge In euro on my 365 account is 47.00 ?? How can that be right ?



Hi LizzeyBennett,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. When the transaction debits your account this will show as the amount you withdrew along with the conversion rate applied for that day. Please note that cross border handling fees are also applicable. Please see here for Visa Debit Card charges.

Thanks Jen
11.02.2019 18:31 #3
Originally posted by LizzeyBenett
Hi I’m a BOI customer I just withdrew £30 out of a bank of Scotland ATM and the total charge In euro on my 365 account is 47.00 ?? How can that be right ?



You need to get yourself a Revolut account.
1 thank
12.02.2019 11:39 #4
Originally posted by Gooser14
You need to get yourself a Revolut account.


I do and used the bank card instead lesson learned ...
12.02.2019 11:39 #5
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Jennifer
Hi LizzeyBennett,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. When the transaction debits your account this will show as the amount you withdrew along with the conversion rate applied for that day. Please note that cross border handling fees are also applicable. Please see here for Visa Debit Card charges.

Thanks Jen


I was charged more than the maximum charge according to that link ??
12.02.2019 15:42 #6
Verified representative
Originally posted by LizzeyBenett


I was charged more than the maximum charge according to that link ??



Hi LizzeyBenett,

From reviewing your original post, €47 does not sound right for a £30 ATM withdrawal. Would you have made any other withdrawals or paid at a point of sale? When the transaction has fully processed it will show a breakdown of the amount withdrawn and the rate applied and the cross border handling fee will be listed as a separate debit. After this, if you need the transaction checked further you can do this using the Ask a Question option in the Service Desk on 365 Online.

Thanks
Tara
12.02.2019 15:48 #7
Registered User
Get a Revolut as mentioned. Avoid a bad exchange rate as well BOI border gouging charge.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion