Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

15 hrs
Response Time
73%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Extra current account - monthly lodgement

08.02.2019 15:25 #1
Hi Guys,

I am looking to confirm if the lodgement of 2500 to your extra current account has to be in one transaction monthly and if it is has to remain there, to avoid the transaction charges? 

Thanks
08.02.2019 16:05 #2
Originally posted by janeybaby
Hi Guys,

I am looking to confirm if the lodgement of 2500 to your extra current account has to be in one transaction monthly and if it is has to remain there, to avoid the transaction charges? 

Thanks

I can answer this for you.

A total of 2500 has to be lodged into your account, this can be in multiple transactions. You could even transfer the same 500 in and out 5 times.

You do not need to maintain a balance of 2500 in the account.
08.02.2019 16:09 #3
Originally posted by Wheety
Hi Guys,

Thanks

A total of 2500 has to be lodged into your account, this can be in multiple transactions. You could even transfer the same 500 in and out 5 times.

That's great thanks Wheety! 
16.02.2019 19:22 #4
Based on recent moves from PTSB and UB, I'm guessing this will change soon. 
18.02.2019 09:14 #5
Maybe so but not the only reason for the move so will take my chances :D
21.02.2019 11:06 #6
Verified representative
Hi Guys,

Thanks

Good Morning janeybaby. Thanks for your message. With our Extra Current Account all you have to do is lodge €2,500 into your account each month and you’ll get free day to day banking and no quarterly fees for maintaining the account. You do not need to maintain the balance of €2,500 every month. Thanks RK
01.03.2019 21:15 #7
Originally posted by Wheety
Hi Guys,

Thanks

Have I understood this correctly; is it possible to have a savings account with KBC and transfer that 500 in and out of the current account five times to avoid the fees?

If I were to do that, are there maintenance or quarterly fees on the savings account?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video