Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

5 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm
(excluding public holidays)

Can I request smart meter?

05.01.2019 15:11 #1
I speak fluent sarcasm
Hi there. I'm planning doing works to our house, which would involve moving our existing analog electricity meter from the inside of our house, to the outside of the house. I understand smart meters are rolling out from late 2018/early 2019 so I wondering can I request one since it would be pointless installing a new digital meter now, only to replace it with a smart meter as they start rolling them out in my area.
07.01.2019 08:32 #2
Hi Black_Knight,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Electric Ireland can request a change of tariff such as an exchange of a 24 hour for a Night Saver meter. ESB Networks would then complete the work after receiving the order from Electric Ireland. 

As you are looking to relocate and upgrade the meter, this would be a matter for ESB Networks. ESB Networks are responsible for all meter works, including meter relocation, and will be overseeing the roll out of smart meters. You can find their contact details here.

Should you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, 
Aoife
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image