Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

5 hrs
Response Time
93%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

FREE SIM with a €15 top-up

04.01.2019 14:09 #1
Hi,

I purchased a Pre-Paid Sim with €15 top up.

The sim arrived and I have registered an account online. When I view the balance online it shows that I have the following allowances: 10,000 minutes, 5,000 texts and 15,360.00 MB of data but I can't make a call, send a text or use the data.

Please see screenshot as an example of the error I get when I try to make a call.

--
The-Island-Man

Attached Images

04.01.2019 15:02 #2
Originally posted by the-island-man
Hi,

I purchased a Pre-Paid Sim with €15 top up.

The sim arrived and I have registered an account online. When I view the balance online it shows that I have the following allowances: 10,000 minutes, 5,000 texts and 15,360.00 MB of data but I can't make a call, send a text or use the data.

Please see screenshot as an example of the error I get when I try to make a call.

--
The-Island-Man
It looks like the top up was never applied.
06.01.2019 21:18 #3
I topped up today and I still get the same issue when I try to make a call.

I follow all the tips on this thread but to no avail:
https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057909603

Sounds like this is a major issue on the Tesco Mobile network by the sounds of that thread?

My phone is running Android 9 and the model is Motorola One XT1941-4.
07.01.2019 09:27 #4
I was able to fix the network issue by restarting the phone but still the fact remains that the offer includes a €15 top up which I did not receive.
07.01.2019 11:40 #5
I was able to fix the network issue by restarting the phone but still the fact remains that the offer includes a €15 top up which I did not receive.

Hi,

We can get this sorted for you. Please send us a private message with your number, address and mothers maiden name please?

Thanks,
Ryan
08.01.2019 23:35 #6
I have a similar issue. I purchased a sim and €20 top-up. When I applied the top up, the balance was €5 and €5 bonus credit. Can you please advise?
09.01.2019 13:36 #7
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ryan

Hi,

We can get this sorted for you. Please send us a private message with your number, address and mothers maiden name please?

Thanks,
Ryan

Private message sent. The issue with making a call seems to have returned. The data works though.
14.01.2019 18:44 #8
Verified representative
Hi Apogee,

You would be using our new €15 Simply Prepay offer. When you top-up by €15 on this offer, you don't keep the €15 credit.

Instead, we give you free calls to all mobiles and landlines in Ireland, free texts to other Tesco Mobile customers, 15Gb of 4G capable data and €5 bonus credit. The bonus credit can be used just like normal credit but it would expire in 28 days.

So basically, when you topped-up by €20 you received all of the same allowances, €5 bonus credit and €5 main credit. Both of these can be used just like normal credit and you can combine them to purchase a data bundle or text bundle if you wish.

Thanks,

Luke
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image