Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

16 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm
(excluding public holidays)

Incorrectly Charged Fee

31.12.2018 09:15 #1
I was with Electric Ireland for just over a year when I switched to Energia in November. I recieved a final gas and electricity bill which i was happy enough to pay. A random €50 came out of my account from electric Ireland which when queried turned out to be an early cancellation fee. I was out of contract so this shouldn't have applied (two agents I've spoken to agreed)

First agent said he thought the fee shouldn't apply and he'd call me back that day. This didn't happen, 2nd agent was nice and friendly and told me she had to raise an escalation as there was also a 50 euro fee applied to electricity account that would need to be removed. I told her I didn't want more money coming out of my bank account as with the 50 they had already taken from my account I should be pretty much settled.

She told me to cancel my direct debit with the bank as it was the best way to ensure I didn't pay again. She told me it would take 10 days for the 50 euro to be credited against my accounts which should clear the bills. This hasn't happened and I've recieved an over due notice.

Can you rectify this?

Also what is your process for data access requests? I feel like I've been given incorrect advice on a couple of occasions which has cost me a lot of time.
31.12.2018 09:25 #2
Originally posted by duffman13
I was with Electric Ireland for just over a year when I switched to Energia in November. I recieved a final gas and electricity bill which i was happy enough to pay. A random €50 came out of my account from electric Ireland which when queried turned out to be an early cancellation fee. I was out of contract so this shouldn't have applied (two agents I've spoken to agreed)

First agent said he thought the fee shouldn't apply and he'd call me back that day. This didn't happen, 2nd agent was nice and friendly and told me she had to raise an escalation as there was also a 50 euro fee applied to electricity account that would need to be removed. I told her I didn't want more money coming out of my bank account as with the 50 they had already taken from my account I should be pretty much settled.

She told me to cancel my direct debit with the bank as it was the best way to ensure I didn't pay again. She told me it would take 10 days for the 50 euro to be credited against my accounts which should clear the bills. This hasn't happened and I've recieved an over due notice.

Can you rectify this?

Also what is your process for data access requests? I feel like I've been given incorrect advice on a couple of occasions which has cost me a lot of time.

I've sent a pm with account details.
31.12.2018 09:27 #3
Hi duffman13,

We are very sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

Can you please send us your account details by private message and we can look into this for you?

We will need your name, address, contact number and account number. You will also need to confirm that you are the account holder.

In relation to making a data access request, you can fill out this form online and it will be processed as soon as possible.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, 
Aoife
31.12.2018 14:18 #4
Originally posted by Electric Ireland: Aoife
Hi duffman13,

We are very sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

Can you please send us your account details by private message and we can look into this for you?

We will need your name, address, contact number and account number. You will also need to confirm that you are the account holder.

In relation to making a data access request, you can fill out this form online and it will be processed as soon as possible.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, 
Aoife

Thanks Aoife, can you confirm how long it will be before I hear from someone? Id like this issue put to bed
31.12.2018 16:52 #5
Hi duffman13, 

We have responded to your private message. 

Thanks, 
Aoife
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image