Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

5 hrs
Response Time
88%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

How do I select Simply Value PAYG Plan

29.12.2018 12:00 #1
Hi,

New phone user in the house this XMas, expected that once the SIM was put in that the Simply Value plan (that the rest of us are on) would kick in but another one called Simply Prepay did.
Had no idea this would happen and the €15 top up dissappeared from the balance and just €5 remains which is now gone with texts.

Can you please advise where I can select the Simply Value PAYG Plan, can't find it anywhere online or in the app and it would also be a proper idea to advertise the PAYG Plan on the Tesco Sim we bought as there is nowhere on it that states the plan.

Regards
S1
29.12.2018 23:41 #2
Originally posted by slave1
Hi,

New phone user in the house this XMas, expected that once the SIM was put in that the Simply Value plan (that the rest of us are on) would kick in but another one called Simply Prepay did.
Had no idea this would happen and the €15 top up dissappeared from the balance and just €5 remains which is now gone with texts.

Can you please advise where I can select the Simply Value PAYG Plan, can't find it anywhere online or in the app and it would also be a proper idea to advertise the PAYG Plan on the Tesco Sim we bought as there is nowhere on it that states the plan.

Regards
S1
That plan Simply Value is gone since August as it’s a legacy plan, so you’re stuck with the new plan.
31.12.2018 13:14 #3
Verified representative
Hi,

Regards
S1

Hi slave1,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. Yes, as 200motels has advised the old Simply Value plan is no longer available. The new prepay offer we're providing is the Simply Prepay offer.

When you top-up by €15 on this offer, you don't keep the €15 credit. Instead, we give you free calls to all mobiles and landlines in Ireland, free texts to other Tesco Mobile customers, 15Gb of 4G capable data and €5 bonus credit. The bonus credit can be used just like normal credit but it would expire in 28 days.

Thanks,
Luke
31.12.2018 23:52 #4
Well that’s no good to me, off to another provider, what a waste buying a Tesco SIM
01.01.2019 09:38 #5
Hi slave1,

Sorry you feel this way.

As my colleague Luke explained, the new tariff will also provide Unlimited Irish calls, 15GB data at 4G speeds and €5.00 Bonus credit. The bundles mentioned above will be active on your account for a period of 28 days.

If needed, you could also add a bundle. Please access this link https://www.tescomobile.ie/add-ons.aspx, for further information on this.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
01.01.2019 12:23 #6
Is there a way to top up but not have this plan e.g. top up by €15 and just select add-ons as required
01.01.2019 14:11 #7
Hi slave1 ,

You could also apply two separate top ups of €10.00 and €5.00, for example. This will not activate the Simply Prepay Tariff and will allow you to keep the €15.00 credit.

However, if you decide to do so, you will be charged for calling other networks at a standard tariff - https://www.tescomobile.ie/help-centre/Your-Plan#Other-Call-Charges.

You will only avail of free calls and texts from Tesco to Tesco. The existing balance could be used for bundles indeed.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
01.01.2019 14:39 #8
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ileana
Hi slave1 ,

You could also apply two separate top ups of €10.00 and €5.00, for example. This will not activate the Simply Prepay Tariff and will allow you to keep the €15.00 credit.

However, if you decide to do so, you will be charged for calling other networks at a standard tariff - https://www.tescomobile.ie/help-centre/Your-Plan#Other-Call-Charges.

You will only avail of free calls and texts from Tesco to Tesco. The existing balance could be used for bundles indeed.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.

I want to use Tesco Boost via Clubcard so the minimum here is €15, from reading your post will "trigger" the Simply Prepay.
What I'm after is data coverage so no interest in calls or texts, a €5 add on covers data requirement for the month and the Simply Prepay is just overkill.....
02.01.2019 13:23 #9
Hi slave1,

I will recommend to get in touch with Clubcard Boost on 00800 00 59 16 88. Their lines are open Monday to Friday: 09:00am - 20:00pm.

They will be able to advise if the Boost vouchers could be redeemed in two separate vouchers of €5.00 and €10.00.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
1 thank
02.01.2019 22:05 #10
Hi slave1,

I will recommend to get in touch with Clubcard Boost on 00800 00 59 16 88. Their lines are open Monday to Friday: 09:00am - 20:00pm.

They will be able to advise if the Boost vouchers could be redeemed in two separate vouchers of €5.00 and €10.00.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.

You can’t do separate top ups with boost the min requirement is 5 to turn it in to 15, but you could say turn a 10 club card voucher into 30 and you would then keep 15 of that.
04.01.2019 20:43 #11
Well that’s no good to me, off to another provider, what a waste buying a Tesco SIM

I know how you feel. Got stuck on Simply Prepay when I bought a new phone in October. Was told I had to trial the new package but could revert to Value Prepay after months trial was up. Found that Tesco stopped allowing switch back from November I. Totally disgusted with Tesco. I want to know if sales staff knew in October that they were giving false information? I can't even get correct unlock code from Tesco now!
14.05.2019 13:19 #12
Originally posted by 200motels
Hi slave1,

Kind Regards,

Ileana.

You can’t do separate top ups with boost the min requirement is 5 to turn it in to 15, but you could say turn a 10 club card voucher into 30 and you would then keep 15 of that.

Just to let folk know, I topped up by 30 at the weekend (two €15 top ups in quick succession) hoping that the first €15 would give me the usual 28day package and the second €15 would remain as balance on my account. The extra 15 was automatically applied to my account as a data allowance 28day upgrade.
So adding €30 in one go does not allow a user to retain €15 in their balance.

I phone support but they said that's what happens and clearly explained on the website, I was in a rush so just getting to look at it now and I can't see any mention of this on the prepay plan top ups online, I can only see reference to a €15 top up?

Can a member of TM please explain this and where it say's this would happen when applying more than €15 credit to prepay ?

Thanks
14.05.2019 14:34 #13
Hi slave1,

Please send us a private message in here with your full name, phone number, home address and mother's maiden to verify the account first.

We'll surely check the top ups and advise further.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
14.05.2019 16:05 #14
Not sure why you need these details, my request is for you to show me on your website where does it state what happens when I top up by more than €15, in my case it was €30
14.05.2019 16:28 #15
Hi slave1,

The Simply Prepay 4G plan is explained in detail on our website.

Please have a look in here: https://www.tescomobile.ie/about-us/terms/tcs-simply-prepay.aspx to find out more information regarding the plan.

I am afraid that every €15.00 top up will refresh the monthly bundles on the account. If you wish to keep the credit, I will recommend to top up an amount smaller than €15.00.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image