Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

Low speed exactly every day after 18:00

27.12.2018 18:15 #1
So I am paying more than 100€ for my two phones (SIM) and EVERY day after 18:00h my speed on both SIM drops around 1 MBiT or below. I tried to call you, talk through chat and even talked in person at store, but nothing changed. Does someone else having same thing or I am only one? I will tolerate this only for one more month and after this I am done. And this can't be because of coverage because speed before 18:00h in whole apartment is about 40 Mbit and almost exactly after 18:00h speed drops, I couldn't find anything in both of my contracts saying this, but I can guarantee if this continue I will make some legal moves. Can someone from Three contact me, thank you.
28.12.2018 10:51 #2
Originally posted by sashab
So I am paying more than 100€ for my two phones (SIM) and EVERY day after 18:00h my speed on both SIM drops around 1 MBiT or below. I tried to call you, talk through chat and even talked in person at store, but nothing changed. Does someone else having same thing or I am only one? I will tolerate this only for one more month and after this I am done. And this can't be because of coverage because speed before 18:00h in whole apartment is about 40 Mbit and almost exactly after 18:00h speed drops, I couldn't find anything in both of my contracts saying this, but I can guarantee if this continue I will make some legal moves. Can someone from Three contact me, thank you.

Hi sashab

Where are you experiencing this? If this only happens in the evenings, it sounds like it may be congestion in your area. This can be due to more people in the area after work etc causing heavier data traffic. 

Thanks
Mairéad 
28.12.2018 11:36 #3
Drogheda, but c'mon at exactly 18h every day and weekends? I live in building outside of city. There is only about 20 peoples in building, if this means "congestion" then don't know what to say. I bought Vodafone SIM for test and speed is great there, only on Three, every day and same hours :S
28.12.2018 11:59 #4
Originally posted by sashab
Drogheda, but c'mon at exactly 18h every day and weekends? I live in building outside of city. There is only about 20 peoples in building, if this means "congestion" then don't know what to say. I bought Vodafone SIM for test and speed is great there, only on Three, every day and same hours :S

Can you send a private message with the exact address?

Thanks
Mairéad 
28.12.2018 22:38 #5
Hi
I have same problem
I live in Monaghan rural, 3Km from antena.
EVERY day after 18:00h my speed drops around 1 MBiT or below, at morning over 14Mbit
huawei modem - 4g
02.01.2019 00:59 #6
Originally posted by AlexMux
Hi I have same problem I live in Monaghan rural, 3Km from antena. EVERY day after 18:00h my speed drops around 1 MBiT or below, at morning over 14Mbit huawei modem - 4g

I am the same in east Clare 2 miles from a town and after 6.00pm I'm reduced to often 0.5mb atrocious coverage. I dont think the worst landline broadband could come anywhere near to being so bad!!!!!! 6.30am I sometimes have 30mb what the hell
02.01.2019 01:21 #7
I've been experiencing the same thing. Once I hit 6pm, I couldn't even contemplate trying to watch a video on Facebook, stream Netflix on my phone or anything of the sort. 
02.01.2019 10:07 #8
Originally posted by AlexMux
Hi
I have same problem
I live in Monaghan rural, 3Km from antena.
EVERY day after 18:00h my speed drops around 1 MBiT or below, at morning over 14Mbit
huawei modem - 4g

hi
speed drop 18.00 till 22.00
02.01.2019 14:46 #9
get used to it, its over-subscription of mobile broadband users, so once everyone gets home at 6pm and logged on to their "Mobile Broadband" the network cant handle the volume of traffic. Three's solution if you complain - you can cancel your contract without penalty - not a great choice if you can only access mobile broadband
2 thanks
02.01.2019 21:23 #10
Originally posted by ceyc
get used to it, its over-subscription of mobile broadband users, so once everyone gets home at 6pm and logged on to their "Mobile Broadband" the network cant handle the volume of traffic. Three's solution if you complain - you can cancel your contract without penalty - not a great choice if you can only access mobile broadband

Can you tell me how to do that please, I have the same problem, I want to cancel my contract and join Vodafone, tightly capped and expensive but much faster.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video