Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

Your customer service is embarrassing.

21.12.2018 19:08 #1
OK need to get a bit of rant off my chest here. I bought a new Samsung S7 over 2 weeks ago due my old Samsung S3 mini getting faulty. On the 9th December I requested a new nano sim as the one I have is too big. I looked for your webchat option on pc but you don't have one which is stupid so I had to resort to using my old faulty phone to do webchat with your customer service team. I spoke to an agent whose name I can't remember but it was foreign anyway and asked him for the new sim. I gave him my full address and eircode and he said it would get to me in 3 to 5 working days. I waited all the way until Tuesday this week which was 7 working days and nothing, so I once again painfully did webchat on my phone with another agent called Vilkas. I asked him to get me out a new nano sim by swiftpost immediately so I can get it before Christmas. I made him repeat the full address and eircode back to me in order to guarantee its getting sent to the right place and he promised me I would get it before Christmas. It is now Friday which means that's an entire TWO WEEKS since I requested the first one and I still don't have a new nano sim for my new phone. So I am telling you here with 100% sincerity if I don't have my new nano sim by Christmas Eve, i'm done with you after over a decade since you were O2 and moving to Vodafone. I guarantee you they would not be this slow and pathetic in trying to get out a new sim to me. I am not traipsing over an hour up to your nearest store just to get one and I can't even do that due to working long hours all week. So i'll be updating this on Monday if I still don't have it to ask you how to cancel. Because I can't keep going on with an old phone that barely works and a new phone I can't even use. Hope that's clear enough for you. Thanks. Goodbye.
21.12.2018 19:38 #2
Why didn't you order the SIM with the phone?
21.12.2018 20:05 #3
Originally posted by FastFullBack
Why didn't you order the SIM with the phone?

Didn't get it from three. Got it unlocked from eBay. Don't think some randomer on eBay can give me a sim.
21.12.2018 20:59 #4
You post this after support closed in the forum on Friday Evening?

As Monday is Christmas Eve, you would be very lucky to receive it in the normal mail on that date.

Backlog and delays are to be expect this time of year with An Post.

And also doubt you will get much of an answer here on Monday.
21.12.2018 21:24 #5
Can you not get to a Three or CarphoneWarehouse store at the weekend and get a replacement sim.

Or you could get the existing SIM cut to size too
21.12.2018 21:24 #6
Can you not get to a Three or CarphoneWarehouse store at the weekend and get a replacement sim.

21.12.2018 22:44 #7
Originally posted by corkie
You post this after support closed in the forum on Friday Evening?

As Monday is Christmas Eve, you would be very lucky to receive it in the normal mail on that date.

Backlog and delays are to be expect this time of year with An Post.

And also doubt you will get much of an answer here on Monday.

Believe it or not, I work most weekdays until 7pm. I have no access to boards.ie as its blocked on our work computers. I was promised 3 to 5 working days, not over 2 weeks, so less of the snide remarks.
21.12.2018 22:52 #8
Originally posted by pizzahead77

I wish it was that simple but the nearest store for both are an hour away. And for personal reasons I am incredibly busy this weekend. I could have went to one on my rota day last Thursday but I was under the impression the sim would be coming by post. By the looks of it, it isn't as i've received things I ordered far later than the sim so I don't think its an An Post delay like the guy above was saying. I'm convinced they haven't even sent it yet.
23.12.2018 10:56 #9
could you have rang three on 0833333333, they're usually very helpful there & anything I ask is attended to straight away

webchat your issue is queued and passed on , it's not really the agents fault
24.12.2018 12:33 #10
Originally posted by ScubaSteve254
OK need to get a bit of rant off my chest here. I bought a new Samsung S7 over 2 weeks ago due my old Samsung S3 mini getting faulty. On the 9th December I requested a new nano sim as the one I have is too big. I looked for your webchat option on pc but you don't have one which is stupid so I had to resort to using my old faulty phone to do webchat with your customer service team. I spoke to an agent whose name I can't remember but it was foreign anyway and asked him for the new sim. I gave him my full address and eircode and he said it would get to me in 3 to 5 working days. I waited all the way until Tuesday this week which was 7 working days and nothing, so I once again painfully did webchat on my phone with another agent called Vilkas. I asked him to get me out a new nano sim by swiftpost immediately so I can get it before Christmas. I made him repeat the full address and eircode back to me in order to guarantee its getting sent to the right place and he promised me I would get it before Christmas. It is now Friday which means that's an entire TWO WEEKS since I requested the first one and I still don't have a new nano sim for my new phone. So I am telling you here with 100% sincerity if I don't have my new nano sim by Christmas Eve, i'm done with you after over a decade since you were O2 and moving to Vodafone. I guarantee you they would not be this slow and pathetic in trying to get out a new sim to me. I am not traipsing over an hour up to your nearest store just to get one and I can't even do that due to working long hours all week. So i'll be updating this on Monday if I still don't have it to ask you how to cancel. Because I can't keep going on with an old phone that barely works and a new phone I can't even use. Hope that's clear enough for you. Thanks. Goodbye.

Hi ScubaSteve254,

That's not an ideal situation! As Boards isn't attended on Saturday and Sunday, I'm only seeing this now. 
Did you get anything in the post today?

I have a SIM here in front of me, which I can post. However, being Christmas Eve it will leave here on the 27th.

Let me know

Thanks
28.12.2018 19:17 #11
A reminder to all those who are customers of THREE Ireland and who have been used Boards.ie to communicate on all matters.

There was a sticky posted on 21/12/2018 regarding the below important announcement.

Three is withdrawing its forum on Boards from January 1st. Please see their contact details for their support team on the 3Community here -

https://www.three.ie/community/

28.12.2018 23:44 #12
Originally posted by AwaitYourReply
A reminder to all those who are customers of THREE Ireland and who have been used Boards.ie to communicate on all matters.

There was a sticky posted on 21/12/2018 regarding the below important announcement.

Three is withdrawing its forum on Boards from January 1st. Please see their contact details for their support team on the 3Community here -

Withdrawing from boards because they're trying to hide their **** service
1 thank
29.12.2018 03:01 #13
Originally posted by AwaitYourReply

It's an identical service as I've been communicating on both for a while. 

Perhaps it's a cost-cutting exercise on the part of THREE Ireland although; I do not know this for a fact.

I prefer using Boards.ie myself as I use the "Talk to..." forum here on Boards with other companies too from time to time.

Funnily enough, another service provider, eir (eircom) closed their own "eir Community" forum on 17th of August 2018 and eir also temporarily closed their "Talk to..." forum here on Boards.ie for a while recently although; they did subsequently restore their "Talk to..." eir forum hosted on Boards once again whereas; eir Community forum remains closed permanently.

The opposite seems to be happening with THREE Ireland which is interesting.  
31.12.2018 04:42 #14

I think the reason is the operators here are powerless to effect any change. So it was largely redundant
01.01.2019 19:35 #15
For those that are looking for an update, I STILL haven't received the sim.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video