Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

17 hrs
Response Time
82%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

official complaint not responded

07.12.2018 10:30 #1
I have sent two official complaints to Tesco mobile using their contact service online on the 4th and 6th December regarding and have no received any response or acknowledgement.  message copied and pasted below. I am frustrated with this service and lack of response. Having been a good tesco customer for quite a few years and am shocked at their lack of communication.

Email Sent to Tesco Customer Care (online) 6/12/18 @ 11.35am
Second message

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to you today again (originally lodged on the 4th December 2018) to formally lodge a complaint about lack of notification regarding my data usage limit. I was not informed in any way when I reached my plan limit of 15GB instead I received a text messages stating I was at 80% of my credit limit, which I took to understand I had reached 80% of my 15GB and therefore continued to use by mobile data until I had reached 100% which I was informed of 1 hour after receiving the first text.
At this stage  I found I could not make any calls or send any texts at this stage despite have amply minutes and texts left on my plan. Therefore  reviewed my account online which showed that I  had exceeded my extra €50 credit limit which is applied to all accounts, I had no knowledge that my plan could exceed 15 GB. I then contacted Glen in customer care service who stated that I had exceeded my 15GB plan and now owed €255. Obviously I was completely shocked to hear this, I asked Glen why Tesco Mobile  hadn't informed me when I reached €50 over my plan and Glen stated that it was Tesco mobile policy that the credit limits are extended to maximum €250 on customers’ accounts after a period of time. I explained to Glen that I had no knowledge of the extra €50 credit limit let alone an extended credit limit of €250.
At this point I was told my only option was to pay €127.50 there and then to have my texts and calls reactivated, and to pay the remainder on my next bill which is due on 16th December. I had no choose but to pay this amount as I need use of my phone but I am extremely upset with the situation.
I was under the impression that I would be informed when my plan had reached the agreed limit of 15GB, not when I had exceeded this agreed limit by €50. I was not informed at all when this credit limit was extended to €250.
I have been a  Tesco mobile customer for a number of years and have never had any  issues with my account.

I assume that as Tesco mobile did not contact me when my agreed limit of 15GB was reached and incorrectly only contacted me when my credit limit had reached 80% you will credit my account with the €127.50 which I paid on the 4th December and will not be billing me for the rest on my next bill.
10.12.2018 10:18 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by tessodo
I have sent two official complaints to Tesco mobile using their contact service online on the 4th and 6th December regarding and have no received any response or acknowledgement.  message copied and pasted below. I am frustrated with this service and lack of response. Having been a good tesco customer for quite a few years and am shocked at their lack of communication.

Second message

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to you today again (originally lodged on the 4th December 2018) to formally lodge a complaint about lack of notification regarding my data usage limit. I was not informed in any way when I reached my plan limit of 15GB instead I received a text messages stating I was at 80% of my credit limit, which I took to understand I had reached 80% of my 15GB and therefore continued to use by mobile data until I had reached 100% which I was informed of 1 hour after receiving the first text.
At this stage  I found I could not make any calls or send any texts at this stage despite have amply minutes and texts left on my plan. Therefore  reviewed my account online which showed that I  had exceeded my extra €50 credit limit which is applied to all accounts, I had no knowledge that my plan could exceed 15 GB. I then contacted Glen in customer care service who stated that I had exceeded my 15GB plan and now owed €255. Obviously I was completely shocked to hear this, I asked Glen why Tesco Mobile  hadn't informed me when I reached €50 over my plan and Glen stated that it was Tesco mobile policy that the credit limits are extended to maximum €250 on customers’ accounts after a period of time. I explained to Glen that I had no knowledge of the extra €50 credit limit let alone an extended credit limit of €250.
At this point I was told my only option was to pay €127.50 there and then to have my texts and calls reactivated, and to pay the remainder on my next bill which is due on 16th December. I had no choose but to pay this amount as I need use of my phone but I am extremely upset with the situation.
I was under the impression that I would be informed when my plan had reached the agreed limit of 15GB, not when I had exceeded this agreed limit by €50. I was not informed at all when this credit limit was extended to €250.
I have been a  Tesco mobile customer for a number of years and have never had any  issues with my account.

I assume that as Tesco mobile did not contact me when my agreed limit of 15GB was reached and incorrectly only contacted me when my credit limit had reached 80% you will credit my account with the €127.50 which I paid on the 4th December and will not be billing me for the rest on my next bill.

Hi Tessodo,

Thanks for getting in touch with your query. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't gotten a response via email just yet. We can certainly look into this for you but we'd need to see your account to advise further.

First, can you please send us a PM with your name, address, mobile number and mothers maiden name?

Thanks,
Luke
11.12.2018 23:11 #3
Originally posted by tessodo

Second message

To whom it may concern,

Unfortunately no mobile network is obliged to tell you when you’re running out of data as the onus is on the customer to check that themselves through the app or online, in saying that Vodafone will tell you and I believe Eir does as well, 3 don’t need to as they have unlimited data. The thing you should concentrate on is the credit limit as they raised it without your consent and that’s the road to go down.
28.12.2018 20:33 #4
Same issue happened me today. Got a txt from Tesco to Say 80% of my credit was used.. I thought strange I’m on bill pay & never got a message like this before so I logged onto the app & data usage was 100% & more. Then at bottom of page charges for usage out of contract €200+. Rang customer care to be informed that my credit limit was raised from €50 to €250 & that’s why I was able to go €200 over my usual bill amounts. Why is this done so shady, like any other decent company informs you about your data useage getting to its limits. Not Tesco they raise your account credit limit without telling you & then let you go 10 x times over you usual bill contract & then tell you that you have spent 80%. This is just plain wrong. I’ve a complaint gone into comreg, this practice needs to stop.
31.12.2018 13:06 #5
Verified representative
Hi LarryBarry,

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience caused by this situation. We do recommend that our customers download the Tesco Mobile app and use this to monitor the remaining allowances and out of bundle usage each month. If you do not have the app downloaded just yet, I would recommend using this in the future.

If you wish to raise a complaint about this case, please send us a PM with your name, mobile number, address and mothers maiden name and we'll be able to discuss the account and advise further.

Thanks,
Luke
04.01.2019 17:54 #6
Was told somebody would be in contact 2 days ago via phone but nobody has bothered calling me....
07.01.2019 16:33 #7
Still nobody has contacted me after telling me it would be within 24 to 48hrs on the 2nd of January.
07.01.2019 16:43 #8
Also where can I find my account number it’s not on my bill, Ofcom have asked me to forward it on.
07.01.2019 17:02 #9
Exact same happened to me. I set my credit limit to 50 euro last month and still got invoiced 86euro.
07.01.2019 17:05 #10
Ofcom? Are you in UK?
07.01.2019 17:05 #11
Originally posted by LarryBarry
Also where can I find my account number it’s not on my bill, Ofcom have asked me to forward it on.

I hope you meant Comreg and not Ofcom? Ofcom is the UK telecoms regulator. 
08.01.2019 00:19 #12
Originally posted by LarryBarry

You’lol have to call them to get the account no.
08.01.2019 14:42 #13
Sorry, yes I ment comreg....

So having officially sending a complaint email on the 28th Dec I have only been responded to today to say they received the complaint today & they have 10 days from today to respond back to me from the 8th Jan.. what a farce..
1 thank
08.01.2019 14:47 #14
Sorry, yes I ment comreg....

So having officially sending a complaint email on the 28th Dec I have only been responded to today to say they received the complaint today & they have 10 days from today to respond back to me from the 8th Jan.. what a farce..
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video