Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

34 hrs
Response Time
86%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

How to revert to old 15euro preplay plan

22.11.2018 15:15 #31
Originally posted by dhaumi
Originally posted by EyeBlinks
Hi,

I inadvertently, clicked on the wrong message from tesco and instead of topping up my phone, I changed plans. I was told on Twitter that if I contacted customer care by email they would put me back on the old plan, but they refuse to do so. 

Could you put me back on the old plan please?

Details sent to Tesco Reps account.

I was denied a change back asking from this post. It is a real pity, I have no interest in SMS, barely use calls, mostly data. So this new plan is not really adapted to my use.
This change happened back in August when 4G was introduced. A lot of people, me included, didn't notice the implications of the change and complained in other threads, some got their plan reverted back. I didn't...
Hopefully Tesco reintroduce their old plan...

I have been told twice I would but still haven't got it. 
22.11.2018 21:02 #32
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ileana
Hi serox_21,

Please send us a private message in here, with your full name, home address and mother's maiden name to validate the account first.

We'll check the account and discuss the matter further.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.

Hi I would also like to revert back thanks
22.11.2018 23:21 #33
Hi Zebbedee and serox_21,

Many thanks for the positive feedback. We're delighted to hear this.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you need further assistance from our end.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.

Lads I live in county Kildare I’m moving to Tesco next week, I’m told by a few that service is poor ... any opinions appreciated
23.12.2018 10:48 #34
New plan is a scam !

And No way back according to Customer Care ! 
I am a Tesco mobile customer since near the beginning, 
I was one of the first Tesco Mobile Sales Reps. 
One of the pitches was "We will never take your credit" . 
Silly me expected this to be still true and didn't read the T&C's 
I expected that the €5 extra bonus credit was "€5 extra bonus credit".
I guess the advert  "We will take your non expiring €15 credit and give you €5 credit that expires" wouldn't have attracted many people. 

In my opinion this was a misleading SMS and I am sickened that I was duped by TMI. 
The sad reality is there is no really better deal on the market at present, 
Lyca are offering 30 day plan with 25Gb of data with unlimited calls and texts . 
I am considering this move, 
I look after 5 mobiles in our house and hate the thought of moving everybody. (credit expiring at different times)...
I am hoping that Tesco will see the error in their ways or one of the other operators will give a better deal in Jan. 

Shame on you Tesco Mobile, Shame on me for trusting Tesco Mobile !
26.12.2018 20:32 #35
Originally posted by still queueing
New plan is a scam !
The sad reality is there is no really better deal on the market at present, 
Lyca are offering 30 day plan with 25Gb of data with unlimited calls and texts . 
I am considering this move, 
I look after 5 mobiles in our house and hate the thought of moving everybody. (credit expiring at different times)...
I am hoping that Tesco will see the error in their ways or one of the other operators will give a better deal in Jan. 

Shame on you Tesco Mobile, Shame on me for trusting Tesco Mobile !

While not sticking up for Tesco Mobile in particular, LycaMobile's internet speeds are dreadful with no sign of 4G coming to them soon. My wife ported over to them for a while but later ported back as the internet speeds were so slow. 

I'm sticking with the old TM plan though would like to get 4G, the price difference between the old and new plans are just not worth it for me.
31.12.2018 12:25 #36
Verified representative
Originally posted by dhaumi
Hi,

I inadvertently, clicked on the wrong message from tesco and instead of topping up my phone, I changed plans. I was told on Twitter that if I contacted customer care by email they would put me back on the old plan, but they refuse to do so. 

Could you put me back on the old plan please?

Details sent to Tesco Reps account.

I was denied a change back asking from this post. It is a real pity, I have no interest in SMS, barely use calls, mostly data. So this new plan is not really adapted to my use.
This change happened back in August when 4G was introduced. A lot of people, me included, didn't notice the implications of the change and complained in other threads, some got their plan reverted back. I didn't...
Hopefully Tesco reintroduce their old plan...

I have been told twice I would but still haven't got it. 

Hi EyeBlinks,

I can't see any PM from yourself. If your query hasn't been looked into yet, please send us a PM with your name, mobile number, address and mothers maiden name.

Thanks,
Luke
31.12.2018 12:29 #37
Verified representative
Originally posted by supaburger
Hi serox_21,

Please send us a private message in here, with your full name, home address and mother's maiden name to validate the account first.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.

Hi supaburger,

Can you please send us a PM with your name, mobile number, address and mothers maiden name and we can look into your query for you?

Thanks,
Luke
31.12.2018 12:35 #38
Category Moderator
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Luke
Originally posted by supaburger
Hi serox_21,

Kind Regards,

Ileana.

Hi supaburger,

Can you please send us a PM with your name, mobile number, address and mothers maiden name and we can look into your query for you?

Thanks,
Luke

Are some customers being allowed back to their existing plan while others are told no?
31.12.2018 13:19 #39
Verified representative
Hi Davy,

No, since the start of November customers are unable to go back on the Simply Value offer. However, in order for us to discuss an account specifically and confirm this is the case, we'd need to speak with the account holder due to data protection. Hence the request to send a PM.

Thanks,
Luke
06.01.2019 16:49 #40
Originally posted by Zebbedee
I would like to do that too.
I've no credit for SMS anymore.

I would have liked to do that too after being sold a phone in October which I then had to "trial" one month on Simply Prepay having been on Value Prepay for years. Then being told I was stuck on simply prepay because Tesco changed the rules from November I. Phone is 3g not compatible with 4g. I don't use much data either. Stuck with simply dreadful simply prepay. Disgusted.
07.01.2019 13:06 #41
I changed to your 4g service this morning, which I might add is atrocious. Something as simple as opening a link in a mail is non existent unless I revert back to 3g, which incidentally opens everything in a flash. I'd like for my account to be reverted back to my legacy settings as I am not getting the service as reliably as when on 3g. Thank you
07.01.2019 16:22 #42
Hi Shamboo1801,

As seen on the system, a response was provided via Boards private in regards to your query.

Please send us another PM, if you need further clarification on this.

We'll do our best to assist further.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list