Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
94%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

How to revert to old 15euro preplay plan

26.10.2018 11:35 #16
Did Tesco switch everyone over to 4G plan without communicating with anyone?

My wife topped up her usual 3G plan by €15 to get 30 days of free calls, text and 10gb data (old 3g plan), and Tesco automatically 
took the money and left her with €5 credit. She contacted tesco and they tried to get her to stay on the 4G plan but eventually agreed to switch her back to old 3G plan. She's still waiting to get her €10 back.

I am about to top up my phone by €15 - is there anything I should do to continue in the older 3G plan - I really don't need the 4G plan as I am 99% on WiFi, and need the credit for international calls.

Thanks!
26.10.2018 20:10 #17
Existing customers (3G) needed to opt in to 4G, so if you didn't opt in then you should still be on 3G & keep credit.

If Tesco have changed your plan without consent, then make a formal complaint, as should your wife if the money isn't refunded.
30.10.2018 18:51 #18
Hi positron ,

Please send us a private message with your phone number, full name, home address and mother's maiden name, to validate the account first.

As soon as verification is complete, we'll be able to advise further on this.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
31.10.2018 12:11 #19
I have sent email to revert my plan to simply value from the current one. I also have requested via app messaging. One of your staff rep said that it may take 10 working days to process that. It should not be the case. If it take a minute to change plan then it shoud be a minute to revert back. Could you revert my plan back to old simply value 15 euro from the current one. I have sent you a pm now to revert my plan.
01.11.2018 11:10 #20
Hi ashworld,

I have responded to your private message. Please provide a reply at your own convenience and we'll surely assist further with this.

Thanks,

Ileana.
01.11.2018 13:46 #21
I have responded to your private message. Please provide a reply at your own convenience and we'll surely assist further with this.

Thanks,

Ileana.[/quote]
01.11.2018 13:46 #22
Pm sent with email details, please find.
01.11.2018 16:09 #23
Hi ashworld,

I have looked into the matter for you and sent out the information via private message.

Please respond at your own convenience.

Ileana.
19.11.2018 11:14 #24
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ileana
Hi ashworld,

I have looked into the matter for you and sent out the information via private message.

Please respond at your own convenience.

Ileana.

Hi Ileana,

I just realised the same thing as my top up credit elapsed. I think I must have misunderstood what joining Simply meant as the idea of finally getting 4G was appealing.

Would you be able to help me out as well?
19.11.2018 15:20 #25
Hi dhaumi,

We can check this out for you. Can you send us a private message with your full name, number, address and mothers maiden name please?

Thanks,
Ryan
20.11.2018 10:40 #26
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ryan
Hi dhaumi,

We can check this out for you. Can you send us a private message with your full name, number, address and mothers maiden name please?

Thanks,
Ryan

Thanks Ryan. PM sent.
20.11.2018 12:53 #27
Originally posted by Zebbedee
Originally posted by serox_21
Hi tesco mobile representatives,

How can I revert from current 15 euro plan(Join Simply 4G prepay plan) to old plan(10 Gb on 3G and keep 15 euro credit)

I would like to do that too.
I've no credit for SMS anymore.

do you mind if I jump in here ?  Im thinking of moving to tesco , seems very overly complicated this fiver/text issue seems to be a headache for people.  Im looking to pay 15 euro for calls/texts /data 15GB - to anyone , any network , can this simple task be accomplished on tesco mobile on this new plan , would you think? soory and thanks 
Paddy
20.11.2018 16:02 #28
Verified representative
Hi 2012paddy2012,

Yes, that is possible with a €15 top-up.

The offer is called Simply Prepay. When you top-up by €15 on this offer, you don't keep the €15 credit. Instead, we give you free calls to all mobiles and landlines in Ireland, free texts to other Tesco Mobile customers, 15Gb of 4G capable data and €5 bonus credit. The bonus credit can be used just like normal credit but it would expire in 28 days.

We have also introduced a new €5 text bundle for 100 texts to any network which you can purchase using the €5 bonus credit. You can purchase the €5 text bundle by texting the word: Texts to 174208. This info can be seen on the website here - Link.

Thanks.
Luke
22.11.2018 12:34 #29
Hi,

I inadvertently, clicked on the wrong message from tesco and instead of topping up my phone, I changed plans. I was told on Twitter that if I contacted customer care by email they would put me back on the old plan, but they refuse to do so. 

Could you put me back on the old plan please?

Details sent to Tesco Reps account.
22.11.2018 14:36 #30
Originally posted by EyeBlinks
Hi,

I inadvertently, clicked on the wrong message from tesco and instead of topping up my phone, I changed plans. I was told on Twitter that if I contacted customer care by email they would put me back on the old plan, but they refuse to do so. 

Could you put me back on the old plan please?

Details sent to Tesco Reps account.

I was denied a change back asking from this post. It is a real pity, I have no interest in SMS, barely use calls, mostly data. So this new plan is not really adapted to my use.
This change happened back in August when 4G was introduced. A lot of people, me included, didn't notice the implications of the change and complained in other threads, some got their plan reverted back. I didn't...
Hopefully Tesco reintroduce their old plan...
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video