Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Bank of Ireland Representatives

16 hrs
Response Time
96%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

Switch and save with a Bank of Ireland Mortgage

25.09.2018 14:06 #1
Cashback when you switch

Over the last year, people who’ve switched their mortgage to Bank of Ireland have discovered just how easy it is. More importantly, they stand to gain an average cashback windfall of €8,000.

€8,000 is based on 3% of the average mortgage switched to Bank of Ireland in the 12 months to June 2018, with 2% cashback paid on drawdown, and the remaining 1% cashback paid after five years.

The average mortgage switched to Bank of Ireland in the 12 months to June 2018 was €277,734.

Choose a low fixed rate

At Bank of Ireland our fixed rates start from just 3% (3.7% APRC) for Loans to Value up to 80%. You could save money each month by choosing one of our fixed rate options.

Switch in just 3 simple steps
  1. Call the Switching team on 1890 365 850 to work out your cashback amount and how much you could save each month.
  2. Start your application.
  3. Let the Switching team guide you through the process. Easy!

Call 1890 365 850 today.

Real life customer stories

Hear from a couple who successfully switched to Bank of Ireland.

https://youtu.be/D_faPjHE6so

Find out more

https://goo.gl/ydgTNk

3% Cashback available to First Time Buyers, Movers and Switchers who draw down a new mortgage by 30th June 2019 and hold a Bank of Ireland current account. 2% Cashback on draw down of a new mortgage. 1% bonus in 5 years subject to meeting the conditions of the mortgage. Additional 1% bonus not available for Buy to Let Investment mortgages.

The lender is Bank of Ireland Mortgages. Lending criteria and terms and conditions apply. Over 18s only. Mortgage approval is subject to assessment of suitability and affordability. You mortgage your property to secure the loan. We require property and life insurance. Maximum loan is generally 3.5 times gross annual income and 80% of the property value but these limits may vary. A typical mortgage of €100,000 over 20 years with 240 monthly instalments costs €615.79 per month at 4.2% variable (Annual Percentage Rate of Charge (APRC) 4.3%). The total amount you pay is €148,114.60. APRC includes €150 valuation fee and mortgage charge of €175 paid to the Property Registration Authority. A 1% interest rate rise would increase monthly repayments by €54.02 per month.

Warning: The cost of your monthly repayments may increase.

Warning: If you do not keep up your repayments you may lose your home.

Warning: You may have to pay charges if you pay off a fixed–rate loan early.

Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.

Bank of Ireland Mortgage Bank trading as Bank of Ireland Mortgages is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
01.10.2018 15:48 #2
I'm in the process of filling out the application, how long does the process take? We would be switching mortgage to BOI .
03.10.2018 13:18 #3
Hi grasshopper31,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. All mortgage applications are assessed case by case there would not be a set timeframe as they can vary. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you here.

Thanks Jen.
22.03.2019 11:26 #4
Hi there BOI,

Is there a local number I can call instead of 1890 365 850, calls to this number are outside of my mobile bundle and will be charged.

Also can you provide a full list of the docs I need to provide to BOI to switch my mortgage to you.
And a copy of the salary cert you need also.

I will send you my mobile in a PM now. (Update) actually just spotted you are not accepting PMs so let me know how I can ggive you my number to chat.
Thanks
Last edited by candyman: 22.03.2019 at 14:24.
22.03.2019 14:10 #5
Thanks Candyman for reaching out to us today.

Just sent you a PM, sorry to hear you had difficulties sending one to us.

Come back to us when you can and we'll have one of our Mortgage Experts give you a call.

Many thanks
Alison
Last edited by Bank of Ireland: Alison: 22.03.2019 at 15:08.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video