Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

THREE Webtexts Messaging - Out of Service! :(

10.12.2018 03:05 #46
Originally posted by AwaitYourReply
Originally posted by BohsCeltic
Still down.

This would appear to be the case. I am not at all surprised that it has remained down for so long once again - The impression I get is that THREE Ireland does not really want to provide such a service to customers going forward. Perhaps they only offered it in the past as a means to obtain & retain customers because otherwise rival mobile networks would also be providing a free webtext online service. 

Even IF it eventually resumes, one has to wonder for how long before the next outage and the one after that which has been a familiar pattern for quite a while now. 

Frequent breakdowns for prolonged periods of time cannot be a positive reflection on THREE Ireland's corporate image amongst customers one would have thought! I think we must now be about to enter Day 10 since the first report of the current 3Webtext outage issue according to a contributor on the "3Community" forum.

I'm still waiting for their tech team for over one year to tell me why i cannot use my phone in Thailand. It worked in every other country. Their reply was they need me to answer a call from them to check, how can i answer when i have no service. Idiots.
1 thank
10.12.2018 03:54 #47
Still down.

This would appear to be the case. I am not at all surprised that it has remained down for so long once again - The impression I get is that THREE Ireland does not really want to provide such a service to customers going forward. Perhaps they only offered it in the past as a means to obtain & retain customers because otherwise rival mobile networks would also be providing a free webtext online service. 

Even IF it eventually resumes, one has to wonder for how long before the next outage and the one after that which has been a familiar pattern for quite a while now. 

Frequent breakdowns for prolonged periods of time cannot be a positive reflection on THREE Ireland's corporate image amongst customers one would have thought! I think we must now be about to enter Day 10 since the first report of the current 3Webtext outage issue according to a contributor on the "3Community" forum.

I'm still waiting for their tech team for over one year to tell me why i cannot use my phone in Thailand. It worked in every other country. Their reply was they need me to answer a call from them to check, how can i answer when i have no service. Idiots.

Not sure how you are meant to assist Technical Dept if they want you to do something you are currently unable to do which is why you contacted them for help in the first place. Unless you have a companion with you who has mobile reception and they ring their number and ask you to follow certain instructions with your handset while speaking to you on a different phone?

I know when I had a problem with our Home Phone Landline (different network provider obviously) so; in order for my supplier to assist me further they needed me to call from another phone number as they could not check my home landline while I had been using that line to convey the fault issue. When I called the network in question back, they were then able to eliminate certain things and accept it was more likely a line fault rather than a phone handset issue and they agreed to schedule an engineer to come out to investigate further. When I was on phone initially they said it was likely to be the main telephone socket in our house and when I informed the engineer that came out he expressed surprise as he said even I cannot say this until I check everything here and it turns out it was not a fault within our house at all. We had been experiencing a crackling interference on landline at the time which made calls inaudible at times with dropouts. Eventually the engineer discovered a faulty connection in a communications cabinet at the end of our road and so he replaced the faulty connection component in the cabinet and problem solved - no further issues since, touch wood! 
10.12.2018 06:51 #48
Not sure how you are meant to assist Technical Dept if they want you to do something you are currently unable to do which is why you contacted them for help in the first place. Unless you have a companion with you who has mobile reception and they ring their number and ask you to follow certain instructions with your handset while speaking to you on a different phone?

I know when I had a problem with our Home Phone Landline (different network provider obviously) so; in order for my supplier to assist me further they needed me to call from another phone number as they could not check my home landline while I had been using that line to convey the fault issue. When I called the network in question back, they were then able to eliminate certain things and accept it was more likely a line fault rather than a phone handset issue and they agreed to schedule an engineer to come out to investigate further. When I was on phone initially they said it was likely to be the main telephone socket in our house and when I informed the engineer that came out he expressed surprise as he said even I cannot say this until I check everything here and it turns out it was not a fault within our house at all. We had been experiencing a crackling interference on landline at the time which made calls inaudible at times with dropouts. Eventually the engineer discovered a faulty connection in a communications cabinet at the end of our road and so he replaced the faulty connection component in the cabinet and problem solved - no further issues since, touch wood! 

I used WiFi to contact their live chat and also Facebook and Twitter. No help at all. When i got to Dubai I had loads of texts from them which cost me money. Why would they send me texts when they knew I had no service. I tried all of their instructions but it just got repetitive. It will more likely happen again when I'm back so better I just use a Thai sim card.
10.12.2018 10:06 #49
Hi Three: Mairead

Any news on getting this service back up again

Thanks
10.12.2018 11:11 #50
Still waiting on the resumption of this service.  I strongly suspect 3 Ireland does not want to continue this service to customers, as suggested by Await Your Reply.  With the popularity of apps like Messanger and Whatsapp, I think Webtext is destined for obsolescence. 

I was considering changing providers anyway, after many years of loyalty to 3.  Do other providers not provide this service as stated above by Await Your Reply?
1 thank
10.12.2018 17:36 #51
Originally posted by PollyLouM
Still waiting on the resumption of this service.  I strongly suspect 3 Ireland does not want to continue this service to customers, as suggested by Await Your Reply.  With the popularity of apps like Messanger and Whatsapp, I think Webtext is destined for obsolescence. 

I was considering changing providers anyway, after many years of loyalty to 3.  Do other providers not provide this service as stated above by Await Your Reply?

Yes apparently the following other mobile phone operators in Ireland provide FREE Webtexts services online:

(1) Vodafone total of 600 Free webtexts every 30 days
(2) eir Mobile total of 400 free webtexts each month (this includes 100 international webtexts)
(3) Tesco Mobile total of 250 webtexts each month (which is made up of 200 free national webtexts and 50 free international webtexts each month)

I am not aware of any free webtexts offerings by other network operators in the Irish marketplace such as: Virgin mobile, POSTmobile, "48months", Lycamobile etc; 

Incidentally, THREE Ireland's network infrastructure also provides coverage to these mobile virtual network operators which are: (i) Tesco mobile (ii) Virgin mobile (iii) Lycamobile (iv) "48" and (v) Blueface

Vodafone Ireland's network infrastructure also provides coverage to (i) POSTmobile network which is part of An Post.
10.12.2018 19:26 #52
Any approx idea when the service will be back?
10.12.2018 20:18 #53
Hi Three,

Please give an update on the webtext service which has now been down for over a week.

Thank you, a loyal and long-time customer who is unhappy with the lack of communication from you.
11.12.2018 00:34 #54
I've heard no further updates from THREE Ireland on the matter in quite a while which is not good. THREE Ireland risks losing many of it's customers who may have wanted to avail of their free webtext allocation via 3Webtext but were unable to due to this latest extended outage. There is growing frustration amongst many customers over the prolonged delay in getting this issue resolved for once and for all. 

When you look at how O2 mobile network in the UK handled their recent data outage, it just shows that some of the other mobile networks still know how to demonstrate their sincere appreciation to their customers for being so patient by offering compensation for the loss of service that lasted for under 24hrs!

O2 UK business news story via RTÉ News online web link:

https://www.rte.ie/new...7-02-network-glitch/

Meanwhile, THREE Ireland is about to enter DAY No. 11 with 3Webtext still unavailable to customers with no indication of when service is expected to resume after all this time.     
11.12.2018 13:28 #55
Hi All, our technical team are continuing to work on this and aren't currently able to provide a timeframe on this. We are monitoring this closely. Again, apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing you! Lisa
11.12.2018 13:46 #56
As far as I recall the Webtext service from Eir is excellent. Sent texts are recorded, which is an added benefit.
11.12.2018 17:04 #57
Originally posted by Boardnashea
As far as I recall the Webtext service from Eir is excellent. Sent texts are recorded, which is an added benefit.

eir Mobile came about after eircom's "e-Mobile" and "Meteor" were both merged together as far as I recall.

So; if a customer is with eir Mobile, all "sent webtexts" are recorded on their system? That's good to know.  

I always felt that 3Webtext should have added other innovative features so that you could view a record of all sent webtext content. 

I also felt you should be able to go back in to edit/modify any "Scheduled" webtext messages such as: change time, change date, add/remove recipient(s) on scheduled webtext etc; however; on 3Webtext it would not allow you back to revise existing scheduled messages on the system. If circumstances changed and the scheduled message needed to be updated or cancelled - I don't think you could do anything about it which was not ideal when you think of all the innovations around in 2018!
11.12.2018 17:13 #58
Originally posted by Three: Lisa
Hi All, our technical team are continuing to work on this and aren't currently able to provide a timeframe on this. We are monitoring this closely. Again, apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing you! Lisa

On Day 11 of the current outage, we are now informed that an upgrade of THREE's Webtext service will be done but no timeframe provided as of yet.

Well, I was already told by a THREE representative during a previous outage of 3Webtext service (I believe it was around October) to rest assured that a system upgrade was being rolled out shortly which should see an improvement in this service. The 3Webtext site was indeed refreshed in terms of appearance afterwards but it's performance was as bad as ever given where we are since 1st December! Customers are growing tired of hearing the same lame excuses from THREE over it's erratic and unreliable Webtext service. 

I'm not falling for the "upgrading our Webtext system" explanation once again given past experience as it seems like another delaying tactic.

Customers deserve goodwill gesture credit over all the inconvenience experienced for such a long period.

Otherwise, customers can always SWITCH to other mobile phone operators who also provide free webtext online services such as one of the following:

(1) Vodafone total of 600 Free webtexts every 30 days
(2) eir Mobile total of 400 free webtexts each month (this includes 100 international webtexts)
(3) Tesco Mobile total of 250 webtexts each month (which is made up of 200 free national webtexts and 50 free international webtexts each month) 
12.12.2018 08:58 #59
As a trained typist who learned to type on manual typewriters (!) I get great use out of webtext and I'm horrified that this service is currently still down with no indication as to when it will become available again.  And just like Await your Reply, I've constantly complained to 3 regarding the downgraded service that became available when I moved from O2.  No facility to save drafts, no facility to see previously sent webtexts, no facility to amend scheduled texts.

I'm delighted to see Eir webtext described as excellent, I've been thinking for a long time about moving to Eir, it makes best sense to me as they are currently our internet SP and my husband is a mobile customer with them so I think this outage has finally made my mind up.
2 thanks
12.12.2018 14:46 #60
How long more Lisa? This is as annoying as hell - I've a group of 28 numbers saved for a group text that I need to send out. I only have the numbers saved on the webtext platform. If I could at least log in to get these numbers I could manually text them.

This is horrific service from you guys. Do us a favour, re-implement the service that worked without issue a few years ago. It was functional. Stop adding bells and whistles which are obviously designed poorly and constantly crashing the service. Functionality over appearance made Google what it is - learn from it.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon