Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

NAN hrs
Response Time
NAN%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

THREE Webtexts Messaging - Out of Service! :(

03.12.2018 09:22 #31
Never had an issue with service from Three before but this is seriously annoying me now.

It has been going on for far too long and even when it appears to be working there are times when my texts are not delivered. And I'm in the same boat with international numbers. Ever since they changed the system no international texts will send.
03.12.2018 12:30 #32
Originally posted by Spon Farmer
Never had an issue with service from Three before but this is seriously annoying me now.

It has been going on for far too long and even when it appears to be working there are times when my texts are not delivered. And I'm in the same boat with international numbers. Ever since they changed the system no international texts will send.

I noticed on another forum 3Community that I had previously reported similar outages going back as far as June 2017 so; this erratic pattern has been ongoing for about 18 months at this stage.

As the webtexts was down, I had to send an SMS to a family member direct from my 3 mobile phone handset and although; this appeared to send from my mobile phone except it was NOT received by my brother who is also currently with the same THREE mobile network. As he never received my SMS message, he later told me that he had also tried to rang me TWICE to verify something yesterday as had NOT received my SMS reply which I had sent from my mobile phone however; I NEVER received any of his incoming  phone calls either! There was no record of the two missed incoming calls showing up on my mobile handset either from my brother's calls via his THREE mobile. My brother eventually got fed up of waiting for me to acknowledge his earlier SMS and X 2 mobile calls that he decided to ring our home landline (a different provider) in order to speak to me and wanted to know why I was not answering him and I informed him I had already texted him hours before which he never received and I had no record of his two incoming phone calls via his 3 mobile number to my 3 mobile handset!

Afterwards, I decided I better test my own mobile phone handset and so I called my own mobile from our home landline (Eir) and I also tried another mobile phone (Vodafone Ireland network) to ring my 3 Ireland mobile number and the incoming calls both came through fine in each case yesterday afternoon.

It seems to be a THREE to THREE problem and not just only related to 3 Webtexts on this occasion. Overall, the length of time for problems to be resolved particularly if such faults occur outside of normal office hours is not satisfactory for 3 Ireland network large customer base. You would expect a Technical Dept and engineers to be on the case 24/7 when problems are reported even outside of office hours just like other essential utility service providers do.  
03.12.2018 13:42 #33
Hi All

Our tech team is currently working on the Webtext issue at the moment. They're hoping to have this resolved as quickly as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks
Mairéad   
03.12.2018 13:59 #34
Originally posted by Three: Mairead
Hi All

Our tech team is currently working on the Webtext issue at the moment. They're hoping to have this resolved as quickly as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks
Mairéad   

Customers expect a bit more information from THREE Ireland at this stage given that it's already been down for 2 days and still not working. 

The Tech team is "hoping to have this resolved as soon as possible" does not exactly inspire a customer with much confidence after all this time down.

As per my most recent post today, I subsequently discovered that this is not only a 3 Webtext system outage as I had earlier experienced.

SMS texts from THREE mobile to THREE mobile were also affected yesterday.

Mobile phone calls from THREE mobile to THREE mobile were also affected yesterday as well.

What is the cause of the latest system outage?

What is the expected time-frame for full restoration of the numerous services that are affected at THREE Ireland network? 
03.12.2018 16:55 #35
Latest error message on 3 Webtexts website now reads as follows:

"We are aware of an issue with this service and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience."
04.12.2018 09:25 #36
Originally posted by AwaitYourReply

"We are aware of an issue with this service and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience."

Any update??

Thanks.
04.12.2018 09:36 #37
Originally posted by Manuel
Originally posted by AwaitYourReply

Any update??

Thanks.

Yes, it's still fecked.
04.12.2018 18:51 #38
I cant even get to https://my3account.three.ie/ says its down :(
Edit: worked in a different browser, very odd!
05.12.2018 12:22 #39
Originally posted by illumin
I cant even get to https://my3account.three.ie/ says its down :(
Edit: worked in a different browser, very odd!

Webtext still not working - in any browser.

Could we please have some news on when it will be back?

Thank-you.
06.12.2018 15:34 #40
Hi All

Our technical team continues to work to restore full service. We thank you for your patience with this.

Mairéad  
06.12.2018 16:25 #41
Originally posted by Three: Mairead
Hi All

Our technical team continues to work to restore full service. We thank you for your patience with this.

Mairéad 

I appreciate that THREE's Technical Team is currently working on the problem. 

My concern is that the issue was first reported by a customer on Saturday 1st December although; today Thursday 6th December THREE's Customers are: 

(i) still without any 3Webtexts online service 
(ii) no explanation as to the actual cause of this latest in a series of outages and 
(iii) no indication or timeline as to when the service is expected to resume. 

As a customer with THREE Ireland for many years, I think we deserve a bit more from THREE at this stage in recognition for our continued patience and loyalty. 
1 thank
06.12.2018 16:41 #42
Service is currently down again.

There was a brief mention earlier in post that clearing cookies etc may help. Is this worth pursuing?
06.12.2018 17:04 #43
Originally posted by Boardnashea
Service is currently down again.

There was a brief mention earlier in post that clearing cookies etc may help. Is this worth pursuing?

Unlikely to solve anything until the system is restored.

According to a contributor on 3Community forum, the current outage was first reported last Saturday 1st December. 

I already tried clearing my cookies but it made no difference whatsoever as the system remains down. 

THREE Ireland has acknowledged that 3Webtexts online service is currently down and that they are working on resolving the issue and this is also stated on the 3Webtexts home page. 

Customers will just have to wait for THREE Ireland to resolve this latest system outage. 

It's a long period to remain down and disappointing that customers still have no indication as to when THREE Ireland expects a full resumption of 3Webtexts service after all this time.
1 thank
10.12.2018 01:43 #44
Still down.
10.12.2018 02:31 #45
Originally posted by BohsCeltic
Still down.

This would appear to be the case. I am not at all surprised that it has remained down for so long once again - The impression I get is that THREE Ireland does not really want to provide such a service to customers going forward. Perhaps they only offered it in the past as a means to obtain & retain customers because otherwise rival mobile networks would also be providing a free webtext online service. 

Even IF it eventually resumes, one has to wonder for how long before the next outage and the one after that which has been a familiar pattern for quite a while now. 

Frequent breakdowns for prolonged periods of time cannot be a positive reflection on THREE Ireland's corporate image amongst customers one would have thought! I think we must now be about to enter Day 10 since the first report of the current 3Webtext outage issue according to a contributor on the "3Community" forum.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon