Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

THREE Webtexts Messaging - Out of Service! :(

10.09.2018 15:26 #1
I've been trying to use my THREE Webtexts allocation but I cannot access the service at all today.

Can someone please report the following technical error to the Technical Department for prompt action as I keep getting this error today.

500 Internal Server Error! Something bad happened. Please come back later, Thank you.

Can someone please let me know an update status as soon as possible and let me know when the service is expected to be back up and running properly again.

I look forward to this problem being resolved as it can be very inconvenient when the service goes down for long periods.
10.09.2018 16:55 #2
Update on my original post:

THREE Webtexts service is still Unavailable...

New error message received as follows below here:
504 Gateway Time-out
11.09.2018 16:21 #3
@AwaitYourReply Thanks for reaching out to us here and highlighting this with us. Our online team are investigating this as we speak. Rest assured we're working to get this resolved as a priority. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
11.09.2018 17:56 #4
Originally posted by Three: Rachel
@AwaitYourReply Thanks for reaching out to us here and highlighting this with us. Our online team are investigating this as we speak. Rest assured we're working to get this resolved as a priority. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Hi Rachel - I received your response message and I appreciate the Online Team are now investigating this system issue reported yesterday. In the past, when the THREE Webtexts service went down it would sometimes come back up briefly, only to go down again shortly thereafter for a prolonged period. I will wait to hear back as to what exactly caused the latest system outage as it seems to becoming a bit more unreliable in the past 12-18 months, in my experience.
12.09.2018 12:46 #5
Originally posted by AwaitYourReply

Hi Rachel - I received your response message and I appreciate the Online Team are now investigating this system issue reported yesterday. In the past, when the THREE Webtexts service went down it would sometimes come back up briefly, only to go down again shortly thereafter for a prolonged period. I will wait to hear back as to what exactly caused the latest system outage as it seems to becoming a bit more unreliable in the past 12-18 months, in my experience.

The team have advised that this is now resolved. Are you able to use the service this morning?
12.09.2018 14:57 #6
Originally posted by Three: Conor

The team have advised that this is now resolved. Are you able to use the service this morning?

Thank you. Yes it is currently working.
1 thank
01.10.2018 09:30 #7
THREE Webtexts Messaging - Out of Service Yet Again! :(
Date: Monday 01st October 2018 Time: 09:25am

Error message:

500 Internal Server Error! Something bad happened. Please come back later, Thank you.
Please have the "Online Team" investigate this latest system outage promptly.

01.10.2018 16:13 #8
Hi AwaitYourReply

The webtext service is currently unavailable. Our tech team are aware of this and working to get it resolved asap.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks,
Lisa
01.10.2018 16:56 #9
Originally posted by Three: Lisa
Hi AwaitYourReply

The webtext service is currently unavailable. Our tech team are aware of this and working to get it resolved asap.

Thanks,
Lisa

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for your acknowledgement and your expression of apology received this afternoon. 

I had a quick glance back at my previous reports of 3 Webtexts online service being unavailable and I can see that I've had to report very similar issues not once but on at least THREE separate occasions in 2018 alone under various threads communicated via Boards.ie. 

The 3 Webtext service seems to be very unreliable altogether if it keeps going down "after being resolved" on previous occasions. The impression one gets is that only temporary fixes were applied after earlier reported outages which is not good given the number of 3 Ireland customers using the network. For the service to become "unavailable" for prolonged periods on such a frequent basis is unprofessional and reflects very badly on a major network like THREE Ireland. Perhaps it is a lack of essential investment in this particular service or else the sub-contractors responsible for managing and operating this service need to be replaced as otherwise; it is a case of further outages in the weeks/months/years ahead. 

Yes it is very inconvenient - if maintenance needed to be done to avoid a system crash with the 3 Webtexts online service, customers should be advised in advance when exactly it will go offline and then the essential maintenance should be completed at a quiet time that causes minimum disruptions to 3 customers. I am so unimpressed by 3 Ireland and the way this issue keeps arising again and again. 

Time for 3 Ireland to find a more permanent solution so that customers do not have to experience the same levels of inconvenience going forward!   
02.10.2018 14:31 #10
Hi AwaitYourReply

Thanks,
Lisa

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for your acknowledgement and your expression of apology received this afternoon. 

I had a quick glance back at my previous reports of 3 Webtexts online service being unavailable and I can see that I've had to report very similar issues not once but on at least THREE separate occasions in 2018 alone under various threads communicated via Boards.ie. 

The 3 Webtext service seems to be very unreliable altogether if it keeps going down "after being resolved" on previous occasions. The impression one gets is that only temporary fixes were applied after earlier reported outages which is not good given the number of 3 Ireland customers using the network. For the service to become "unavailable" for prolonged periods on such a frequent basis is unprofessional and reflects very badly on a major network like THREE Ireland. Perhaps it is a lack of essential investment in this particular service or else the sub-contractors responsible for managing and operating this service need to be replaced as otherwise; it is a case of further outages in the weeks/months/years ahead. 

Yes it is very inconvenient - if maintenance needed to be done to avoid a system crash with the 3 Webtexts online service, customers should be advised in advance when exactly it will go offline and then the essential maintenance should be completed at a quiet time that causes minimum disruptions to 3 customers. I am so unimpressed by 3 Ireland and the way this issue keeps arising again and again. 

Time for 3 Ireland to find a more permanent solution so that customers do not have to experience the same levels of inconvenience going forward!   

Hi AwaitYourReply

Thanks for taking the time to write back to me here. I completely understand where you're coming from on this, this kind of issue isn't an experience we'd like for our customers but it has happened in this case. As such, I've taken all your feedback and have forwarded it to the relevant dept on this.

Thanks,
Lisa
02.10.2018 16:46 #11
Hi AwaitYourReply

Thanks,
Lisa

Hello Lisa,

Hi AwaitYourReply

Thanks for taking the time to write back to me here. I completely understand where you're coming from on this, this kind of issue isn't an experience we'd like for our customers but it has happened in this case. As such, I've taken all your feedback and have forwarded it to the relevant dept on this.

Thanks,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your reply.

Well, it's not only happened in this particular case though! - it's already happened numerous times this year and it would appear THREE Ireland as a network responds the same way each time which is disappointing from a customer perspective as I am not confident that when the service is eventually restored that the same problems won't arise again in the not too distant future given my past negative experiences. Once restored, how long before the next prolonged outage with 3 Webtexts online service? THREE Ireland needs to restore consumer faith & confidence and it can only do this by investment and scheduled maintenance in this particular service to prevent such regular outages in the future in my view. THREE network must have no shortage of customer feedback in this respect from past outages. Time for THREE Ireland as a network to be far more proactive and avoid unnecessary system crashes into the future in the interests of consumers or they will migrate to other networks. 
03.10.2018 16:02 #12
Just checked out 3 Webtexts platform and still getting error message:

Any updates on when the relevant team/dept will have a fix in place??

It's ridiculous that it remains unavailable for this period of time.

I would have first reported this outage early last Monday morning.

A bit more urgency in finding a resolution please!
08.10.2018 14:43 #13
Hi AwaitYourReply

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you here. Our webtext service is up and running. Can you clear your cookies and cache and try to access the service again as it should work for you.

Thanks
Lisa
08.10.2018 15:16 #14
Hi AwaitYourReply

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you here. Our webtext service is up and running. Can you clear your cookies and cache and try to access the service again as it should work for you.

Thanks
Lisa

Hello Lisa,

Yes I was disappointed that nobody from THREE Ireland came back to me following my last communication back on 03rd October! 

As I was waiting for quite some time to be updated here, I kept trying different things myself such as using a different web browser and finally managed to gain access. 

THREE Ireland should always demonstrate it's appreciation towards those customers who take the time and trouble to communicate important and detailed feedback to the network regarding the services it provides as this way it may lead to a better network for all concerned.

With all this in mind, if THREE Ireland really wishes to demonstrate a sincere apologies for the inconvenience over the prolonged loss of the 3 Webtexts service in addition to the delay in keeping me regularly updated on same, I would welcome a gesture of goodwill if offered by THREE Customer Service over the inconvenience experienced both for the prolonged loss of service and delays in keeping me informed on the status of the issue reported on 1st October. Please let me know if you need me to PM my details and I will be glad to respond via private mail.

Regards,
AwaitYourReply
1 thank
09.10.2018 10:52 #15
Not working again this morning!
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center