Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

14 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco mobile signal dropping

03.09.2018 10:18 #1
Hi for over a week I am having sporadic coverage. Messages not sent calls dropped etc. In Dublin area never had problems with ye since 2012 is there coverage issue or could it be the phone I got from ye
1 thank
03.09.2018 11:11 #2
Originally posted by ahappychappy
Hi for over a week I am having sporadic coverage. Messages not sent calls dropped etc. In Dublin area never had problems with ye since 2012 is there coverage issue or could it be the phone I got from ye

same here, since the so called upgrade to LTE, I'm having to restart my phone at least once a day in order to receive or sent sms messages.

Phone constantly in roaming mode when connected to LTE and sms messages won't send, saying no connection.
1 thank
03.09.2018 13:00 #3
Originally posted by bucketandsuz

same here, since the so called upgrade to LTE, I'm having to restart my phone at least once a day in order to receive or sent sms messages.

Phone constantly in roaming mode when connected to LTE and sms messages won't send, saying no connection.

I was having the same issue for last few weeks, I changed settings as mentioned below. No issues today. So hoping it's sorted.

I was getting no calls nor messages, but had mobile data (last week it was the opposite!). Anyway, no such thing as a "Sim Toolkit app", but the "Tesco Mobile" app has a sim card and cog, so I tried that. I found "SIM Toolkit app > When Abroad > Network Selection > Manual > National" and selected that (it wasn't "National Tesco IMSI", and the only other option was "International"). 

After a re-start, I have calls and texts again! At least for the time being, lets see if it stays that way (:
04.09.2018 11:03 #4
Originally posted by gerard2210
Originally posted by bucketandsuz

I was having the same issue for last few weeks, I changed settings as mentioned below. No issues today. So hoping it's sorted.

I was getting no calls nor messages, but had mobile data (last week it was the opposite!). Anyway, no such thing as a "Sim Toolkit app", but the "Tesco Mobile" app has a sim card and cog, so I tried that. I found "SIM Toolkit app > When Abroad > Network Selection > Manual > National" and selected that (it wasn't "National Tesco IMSI", and the only other option was "International"). 

After a re-start, I have calls and texts again! At least for the time being, lets see if it stays that way (:

This worked for me too on Galaxy A5 I got from Tesco. Why Tesco phones arent set to this by default is beyond me.
04.09.2018 12:28 #5
Hi Everyone,

If your phone is regularly dropping service follow these steps:

Android: SIM Toolkit App/ When Abroad/ Select Mode/ Manual/ National IMSI

iPhone: Settings/ Phone/ SIM Applications/ When Abroad/ Select Mode/ Manual/ National IMSI

The Data Roaming will have to be on and the Network Mode set to 4G/LTE if available on your plan.

Thanks,
Shane
1 thank
10.01.2019 15:37 #6
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Shane
Hi Everyone,

If your phone is regularly dropping service follow these steps:

Android: SIM Toolkit App/ When Abroad/ Select Mode/ Manual/ National IMSI

iPhone: Settings/ Phone/ SIM Applications/ When Abroad/ Select Mode/ Manual/ National IMSI

The Data Roaming will have to be on and the Network Mode set to 4G/LTE if available on your plan.

Thanks,
Shane

On my iphone it was in Settings/ Mobile Data/ SIM Applications etc
14.01.2019 12:33 #7
Hi Malolan,

Yes that's correct, on the new IOS update the sim applications would be located under settings/mobile data.

Thanks,
Natalie
14.01.2019 12:59 #8
And for Android, it won't necessarily be in SIM Toolkit, but there's an almost identical app called "Tesco Mobile" with the icon being a SIM card.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video