Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
96%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

Sky: can't record Eir Sports?

01.09.2018 17:50 #1
We use Sky Q. With the Pro14 rugby moving to Eir Sports we've reluctantly subscribed to Eir Sports. We recorded the Cardiff v. Leinster match, all good no problem. 
However, today we are unable to record the Ulster nor the Munster match.
"This programme cannot be recorded" message appears on the screen. 
Can you clarify why this is happening? Is a complete switch to Eir TV required to ensure we can record all the Pro14 games shown on Eir?
01.09.2018 23:23 #2
one of 2 things - you need to do software upgrade on sky box or eir have blcoked recording for some reason. 

Originally posted by RnR
We use Sky Q. With the Pro14 rugby moving to Eir Sports we've reluctantly subscribed to Eir Sports. We recorded the Cardiff v. Leinster match, all good no problem. 
However, today we are unable to record the Ulster nor the Munster match.
"This programme cannot be recorded" message appears on the screen. 
Can you clarify why this is happening? Is a complete switch to Eir TV required to ensure we can record all the Pro14 games shown on Eir?f 2
03.09.2018 13:14 #3
Verified representative
Hey RnR,

Thank you for your post to Sky Ireland.

Sky have no restrictions in place with recordings of third party subscriptions on Sky Q.

However, in this case it appears that the content was not available for recording due to broadcast rights set out by the broadcaster.

I hope this answers your question! If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to let me know.

All the best,
Ciara :)
04.09.2018 21:14 #4
Understood.
Therefore, to ensure I can record all the Pro 14 matches broadcast by Eir Sports I'd need to switch to Eir TV or Eir broadband.
If I remain with Sky, recording these matches isn't possible? Correct?
Thanks.
04.09.2018 23:41 #5
Originally posted by RnR
Understood.
Therefore, to ensure I can record all the Pro 14 matches broadcast by Eir Sports I'd need to switch to Eir TV or Eir broadband.
Thanks.

You'll probably find they're unrecordable on Eir too. Then you'll have crappy IPTV and a slow broadband connection.
1 thank
05.09.2018 08:57 #6
Originally posted by RnR
Understood.
Thanks.

have sky with eir sport.. was able to record the pro14 games last weekend(munster and leinster games anyway)..
1 thank
05.09.2018 13:18 #7
Verified representative
Originally posted by RnR
Understood.
Thanks.

Hi RnR,

Thank you for your post.

As bennyl10 has advised he was able to record two of the matches that were broadcast on Eir Sports this may be an issue with your Sky services. If you please send a pm to Sky Ireland: Reps with your name, contact details and a suitable time you would be available to take a call will look into why this is happening.

Kind regards,

Lynn
06.09.2018 12:51 #8
I was away at the weekend and I'm sure I set the Leinster game on Friday to be recorded. Now I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas what could have happened?
06.09.2018 13:16 #9
Verified representative
Originally posted by nc6000
I was away at the weekend and I'm sure I set the Leinster game on Friday to be recorded. Now I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas what could have happened?

Hi nc6000,

Thanks for your post!

If you are certain you recorded it then it should be available to view from your planner.

However, if it's a case where you may not have set it to record, I think it's best just to monitor your recording schedule and if you happen to come across any issues, just let us know.

If you have any further queries, please ask :)

Thanks,
Craig
24.11.2018 22:03 #10
Interesting topic

I set two recent programmes to record on Sky+ from Eir Sport on the Sky Planner Schedule.

The Limerick Senior Hurling Final a few weeks ago and the Brian Kerr Documentary last night. Luckily Enough I was home in time to watch the Brian Kerr documentary and was able to record when I saw that the red record light had not come on. Unfortunately it would not have recorded had I not been there to do it. Needless to say the Hurling Final never recorded. 

Would manual record be guaranteed to work?
24.11.2018 22:06 #11
May or may not be related but it looks like series link doesn't work on Eir Sports, nearly mussed the F1 qualifying
26.11.2018 15:05 #12
Hi all,

Thank you for your enquiries:)

I can confirm that at the moment we do not have a known issue for customers being unable to record Eir Sports.

If you cannot record a particular event due to the broadcaster not allowing it, you will get a notification on your screen "This programme cannot be recorded".

However, if you're not getting this message and your box is not recording specific events this may be a technical fault and we would recommend that you contact the Sky Centre on 0818 719 819 in order to have this issue looked into further.

I hope this has helped.
Rachel
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image