Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

14 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

New 4G plan a scam?

01.09.2018 11:29 #16
Originally posted by .BrianJM
Originally posted by 200motels
...also how do you expect Tesco to pay for the 4G from three....

Sums it up nicely.

If they are not trying to hoodwink people then they should be happy to let people revert to their original plan.

No one is asking for 4G for nothing, people just want to continue keeping their €15 credit as they did before.
01.09.2018 11:32 #17
Originally posted by swoofer
I think COMREG will act, the text message is unsolicited and quoting a link for T&C's is not sufficient. TESCO should have made clear the pitfalls ie you lose money.  All companies have a duty of car and cannot hoodwink customers, they can try and hope nobody will notice or complain.

Put it bluntly who would pay 15 euro for 5 gb of data.

My plan wont kick unless I top up and I dont intend to either.

I never knew about lyca or 48

I didn't top up and yet I was upgraded.
01.09.2018 12:45 #18
Originally posted by simonbotron
If they are not trying to hoodwink people then they should be happy to let people revert to their original plan.

No one is asking for 4G for nothing, people just want to continue keeping their €15 credit as they did before.

I believe that they are letting people revert back, all you have to do is call.
01.09.2018 13:26 #19
Originally posted by 200motels
Originally posted by simonbotron

I believe that they are letting people revert back, all you have to do is call.

I hope that is the case but the post earlier in the thread appears to contradict this...

Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Luke
Hi p15574,

No, unfortunately we would not be able to move you back to a legacy offer. 

Thanks,
Luke
01.09.2018 14:29 #20
It is a shame for Tesco Mobile that what is the most important about their offer's features can be found only in terms and conditions…
To me it is done on purpose to hide lost benefits of previously opted phone plan which was much better for clients.

It is a very poor manipulation techniqe and shows that the only intension Tesco Mobile was to rip off its customers as much as possible.

This bad practice seems to be married from banksters crime times. Exactly same. What was most important there was written in small print on last page which was far different to what was published in big screens…

Hence banking criminals got a nickname of banksters (gangsters).

Hence perhaps we should find a nickname for Tesco Mobile...

I have one in mind - mobsters...what you think? 

1 thank
01.09.2018 15:42 #21
It looks like misleading information is banned as per european law

https://www.ccpc.ie/co...leading-advertising/

Examples of misleading advertising
  • A false claim about the characteristics of the goods or service, e.g. – a product is a different colour, size or weight to what is advertised.
  • The price or way the price is calculated is misrepresented, e.g. – products are advertised at sale prices, but turn out not to be.
  • The way the goods or service are supplied is misrepresented, e.g. – free delivery is advertised, but the delivery actually involves some sort of fee or charge.
  • Any aspect about the advertiser is misrepresented, e.g. – the business is presented as being a member of a trade association, when they are actually not.
  • The advertisement creates a false impression about a product or service, even if the information given is correct.
  • Any important information is hidden or left out.
[*]

I'd say that Tesco would need to put back people on old plans if they would request same.
1 thank
01.09.2018 18:06 #22
Sample of misleading which exactly matches to below condition:

The advertisement creates a false impression about a product or service, even if the information given is correct.

old plan Simply Value - how to join:

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057624696

€15 plan for free calls but with 10GB of data thrown in.
  • Text JOIN SIMPLE to 1744.
[*]

new plan Simply Prepay offer- how to join
https://www.tescomobile.ie/prepay-plans.aspx

As you can see only when joining to Tesco plans there is only 1 digit of a difference between these two different plans.

Purposly misleading….
01.09.2018 18:51 #23
The subject of this thread should not be in question.

In my opinion their new plan is a scam!

Especially from perspective of existing customers being linked to Simply Value plan.

Similarities between SV and SP were announced on main page clearly. 

People could have thought that Tesco Mobsters are only updating their network and can offer now better service for same value.

As I can see people thought that for 15 EUR they can get same SV benefits as before (keeping a credit after 28 days) plus extra 5 EUR bonus and 4G network. 

Only these people, who have read terms and conditions were able to find a catch, that the entire credit is gone and they only give 5 EUR for 28 days.

Tesco Mobsters know that people do not read T&C in general, so they purposly created very similar plan from the front cover perspective but the content was completly different.

Even joing to both plans was nearly indentical. Join Simply or Join Simple to same number 1744. Just one digit different, also purposly to catch as many cheated customers as possible.

Money talks. They were hoping to double their income by misleading and mixing these two plans in customers brains.

Tesco Mobsters have purposly breached the law and customer rights. All was done for profit.
  • The advertisement creates a false impression about a product or service, even if the information given is correct.
[*]

I think when people wake up, they will show their responce quickly and simply will stop purchasing any goods and services in Tesco.

I want to see also a reaction from COMREG on this. 

I used to do some shopping in Tesco but until they resolve their issues I'm not shopping there.  

I would suggest to other customers the same approach.
1 thank
01.09.2018 23:24 #24
Originally posted by Emilka111
The subject of this thread should not be in question.

In my opinion their new plan is a scam!

Especially from perspective of existing customers being linked to Simply Value plan.

Similarities between SV and SP were announced on main page clearly. 

People could have thought that Tesco Mobsters are only updating their network and can offer now better service for same value.

As I can see people thought that for 15 EUR they can get same SV benefits as before (keeping a credit after 28 days) plus extra 5 EUR bonus and 4G network. 

Only these people, who have read terms and conditions were able to find a catch, that the entire credit is gone and they only give 5 EUR for 28 days.

Tesco Mobsters know that people do not read T&C in general, so they purposly created very similar plan from the front cover perspective but the content was completly different.

Even joing to both plans was nearly indentical. Join Simply or Join Simple to same number 1744. Just one digit different, also purposly to catch as many cheated customers as possible.

Money talks. They were hoping to double their income by misleading and mixing these two plans in customers brains.

Tesco Mobsters have purposly breached the law and customer rights. All was done for profit.
[*]

I think when people wake up, they will show their responce quickly and simply will stop purchasing any goods and services in Tesco.

I want to see also a reaction from COMREG on this. 

I used to do some shopping in Tesco but until they resolve their issues I'm not shopping there.  

I would suggest to other customers the same approach.

Tesco have backtracked as a friend of mine rang them this evening as is been moved back to previous plan when she next tops up by 15.
02.09.2018 05:12 #25
If I don’t opt in by sending text do I still stay in the old plan when I top up next time? I don’t use any data and new option has no value for me.

There are many old people out there without smart phones.
02.09.2018 09:14 #26
Yes as my other half is using 3g only, delete any sms messages about 4 g so you always stay on legacy plan, simply value.
02.09.2018 11:26 #27
Hi p15574,

If you huaven't done so already, can you send Tesco Mobile: Reps a PM with your full name, number, address and mother's maiden name so we can check your account?

Thanks,
Shane
02.09.2018 18:43 #28
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Shane
Hi p15574,

If you huaven't done so already, can you send Tesco Mobile: Reps a PM with your full name, number, address and mother's maiden name so we can check your account?

Thanks,
Shane

PM sent, thank you.
03.09.2018 10:12 #29
Verified representative
Thanks, p15574. We've sent you another PM today. Please check at your earliest convenience.

Cheers,
Luke
03.09.2018 20:06 #30
Tesco Reps Can you check if I have been moved to the 4G offer I would also wish to move back to my legacy account if I have been moved to the 4G account,  Can I  send my details.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video