Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

11 hrs
Response Time
89%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

Sky Go App nothing working on Windows Desktop?

19.08.2018 10:30 #1
WAS working fine up until this morning.

If I start up Sky Go I'll get the main screen then an error message like error #7005 or error 7008,  it  will then freeze and I'll have to close it through the task manager. I know MANY people have experienced this, what's the solution?
20.08.2018 13:00 #2
Hi Always Be Closing,

Thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues watching Sky Go. If you would like to send a PM to Sky Ireland: Reps with your name and contact details, we can arrange to get in touch.

Thanks,
Fergal
21.08.2018 10:09 #3
Originally posted by Always Be Closing

If I start up Sky Go I'll get the main screen then an error message like error #7005 or error 7008,  it  will then freeze and I'll have to close it through the task manager. I know MANY people have experienced this, what's the solution?

First you need to uninstall both the Sky Go App and Cisco VideoGuard Player. 

Then you need to delete the following 4 folders; VideoGuard Player, VideoGuard, Sky Go, Sky

C:> Users> <Your Name> AppData > Local > Cisco > VideoGuard Player (delete this folder)

C:> Users> <Your Name> AppData > LocalLow > Cisco > VideoGuard (delete this)

C:> Users> <Your Name> App Data > Roaming > Sky Go (delete this)

C:> Users> <Your Name> App Data > Roaming > Sky (delete this)

You may need to allow windows explorer to show the above files as they may be hidden.

Reinstall the Sky Go app and it should now work.
28.02.2019 15:06 #4
Originally posted by hellboy99

First you need to uninstall both the Sky Go App and Cisco VideoGuard Player. 

Then you need to delete the following 4 folders; VideoGuard Player, VideoGuard, Sky Go, Sky

C:> Users> <Your Name> AppData > Local > Cisco > VideoGuard Player (delete this folder)

C:> Users> <Your Name> AppData > LocalLow > Cisco > VideoGuard (delete this)

C:> Users> <Your Name> App Data > Roaming > Sky Go (delete this)

C:> Users> <Your Name> App Data > Roaming > Sky (delete this)

You may need to allow windows explorer to show the above files as they may be hidden.

Reinstall the Sky Go app and it should now work.

I have had the same issues but have resolved it now. On your desktop right click on the Sky Go icon. Select properties then select compatability mode. If run in window 7 mode is ticked untick the box. Select apply and ok. Launch the sky go app again and it should work.
28.02.2019 15:07 #5

I have had the same issues but have resolved it now. On your desktop right click on the Sky Go icon. Select properties then select compatability mode. If run in window 7 mode is ticked untick the box. Select apply and ok. Launch the sky go app again and it should work.
28.02.2019 19:21 #6
06.03.2019 21:05 #7
Originally posted by Andy SL

I have also been having issues with Sky go app and watching on Mac or ipad..
Brutal service - I know I had subscribed to sky go extra for a time must check if that is still the case!!
Any suggestions on a fix for mac??
07.03.2019 13:00 #8
Verified representative
Hi fed _u,

Thanks for your post to Sky Ireland.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Sky Go service.

Are you getting any particular error message when you are unable to watch?

If you want to send your details and a brief description of the issue to Sky Ireland: Reps, I would be happy to assist you further :)

All the best,
Ciara
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image