Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

4 hrs
Response Time
38%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

WTF out of allowance bill just jumped from €78 to €350 in an hour!

10.08.2018 11:55 #1
This despite having no internet!

Out-of-allowance data used since 11th July 2018
[tr][td]Internet  [/td]
[td]349.493 Mb[/td]
[td]€351.62[/td]
[/tr]
[tr][td]Total value[/td]
[td] [/td]
[td]€351.62[/td]
[/tr]
10.08.2018 12:01 #2
Thats easy, if you stay connected your usage counters only update once in 24 hours add to that three don't calculate your bill in real time you could easily have used the data yesterday.

Its just part of three's service designed to gouge as much money out of each customer charging opportunity. 
10.08.2018 12:05 #3
This shouldn't be possible since I have it set to auto pay every 28 days on an unlimited allowance?
10.08.2018 12:11 #4
Just do a search you aren't the first and won't be the last with the issue of the automated top up failing. 
10.08.2018 12:16 #5
Obviously not happy about this, as long as they sort it out. People shouldn't be penalised for a system f*ck Up. Top up isn't even due till the 15th.
10.08.2018 12:18 #6
Obviously not happy about this, as long as they sort it out. People shouldn't be penalised for a system f*ck Up. Top up isn't even due till the 15th.
10.08.2018 12:18 #7
Originally posted by newirishshogun

If thats the case then the automated top up didn't fail. Did you roam somehow, on a ferry or aircraft for example?
10.08.2018 12:20 #8
Originally posted by my3cents

If thats the case then the automated top up didn't fail. Did you roam somehow, on a ferry or aircraft for example?

No, I havent left the county never mind the country,
10.08.2018 12:22 #9
Originally posted by my3cents

No, I havent left the county never mind the country,its a euro a MB too, 350 megs.
10.08.2018 12:32 #10
Then just prove to the reps you have been charged when you shouldn't have been and they should refund the credit.

If they don't report back. 
10.08.2018 12:36 #11
Thanks,

I sent  them on my details there so its all there on the my3 account. FFs I could do without this, Things are tight enough without unexpected bills
10.08.2018 12:50 #12
Thanks,

I sent  them on my details there so its all there on the my3 account. FFs I could do without this, Things are tight enough without unexpected bills

Wouldn't hold my breath about getting a swift reply.
National outage last night and not even a peep from 3.
10.08.2018 13:20 #13
Thanks,

Hi newirishshogun

I replied to your earlier post on Boards, if you want to check that out. But on Prepay, you can only use whatever credit is on your balance. We can request a usage report to see what charges applied but if your plan is active, then it may be something you've done that's outside your plan bundles, as @my3cents has suggested. For instance, if you're on Three Pay, where you get All You Can Eat data, unlimited texts and free 3 to 3 calls, then it may be that you called someone on a different network. I'm not proposing that's what's happened here but it's an example of one way that your credit can be used.

Once you PM me your details, I can check your account to see what happened.

Thanks,
Lisa
11.08.2018 12:26 #14
Originally posted by Three: Lisa
Thanks,

Hi newirishshogun

I replied to your earlier post on Boards, if you want to check that out. But on Prepay, you can only use whatever credit is on your balance. We can request a usage report to see what charges applied but if your plan is active, then it may be something you've done that's outside your plan bundles, as @my3cents has suggested. For instance, if you're on Three Pay, where you get All You Can Eat data, unlimited texts and free 3 to 3 calls, then it may be that you called someone on a different network. I'm not proposing that's what's happened here but it's an example of one way that your credit can be used.

Thanks,
Lisa

Checked the account again today and the overcharge is gone :)
1 thank
13.08.2018 14:04 #15
Originally posted by Three: Lisa
Thanks,

Hi newirishshogun

Thanks,
Lisa

Checked the account again today and the overcharge is gone :)

Glad to hear you're all sorted! If you need help with anything else let us know :)
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video