Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
94%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Network issue, full bars but won't connect a call.

19.11.2018 16:15 #76
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ryan
Originally posted by Sparkrite
Originally posted by MBSnr
And just this morning AGAIN, Mrs Sparkrite's phone.

Note the carrier ID (TM) showing and also 3 bars signal.

As if you need proof !!

My wife is having/had the same issues over the last few weeks in North Galway/South Mayo. Another TM network issue. What a surprise....
I've already left due to the appalling coverage and service. Once her credit goes, I think she'll move as well.

Yep, absolutely ridiculous, just cannot rely on it at all and to make matters worse it appears that TM are just ignoring the fact that this problem exists at all.

It appears that their time is better served asking for your mothers maiden name and such, when this has obviously nothing to do with GDPR as it is so widespread.

EDIT: We don't particularly WANT to leave TM, but the way things are going we won't have a choice, that is if we want a  working mobile phone !

Hi Sparkrite,

Sorry to hear about the on going issues that you are experiencing. We would like to raise a ticket with our technical team to have this investigated. In order to do this we would need you to confirm your account details with us in a private message. I understand your frustration but once the account is verified we can send a ticket with all the information to be investigated by our technical team.

Thanks,
Ryan

PM sent .

Here we go again..............

Thank you.
20.11.2018 13:43 #77
And yet AGAIN !!
My phone this time.

The worst thing is you have no idea how long you are without service until you actually go to make a call/text.
When I reset I received notifications on missed calls from 7:30 pm yesterday.
This is totally unacceptable.

Again note presence of carrier ID and signal bars, as if to fool you into thinking all is OK.

Attached Images

3 thanks
20.11.2018 13:59 #78
And yet AGAIN !!
My phone this time.

The worst thing is you have no idea how long you are without service until you actually go to make a call/text.
When I reset I received notifications on missed calls from 7:30 pm yesterday.
This is totally unacceptable.

Again note presence of carrier ID and signal bars, as if to fool you into thinking all is OK.

I feel your pain.

I had the same issue from August 24th up until 25th October, Tesco don't care. Kept trotting out the same reply about settings. 
Eventually got someone who told me the masts are all being upgraded so the coverage issues will be ongoing until at least the end of the year.

I was offered one free month (despite the lack of full cover for two months) or to be released from my contract early (7 months remaining).

I cancelled my DD and moved to another provider, Tesco mobiles customer service is an absolute joke.
1 thank
08.12.2018 19:59 #79
This network is a joke. I've been without a phone service for at least 24hours without knowing it. Of course data was working fine and phone showing coverage but of course nobody was able to reach me. I've only found out about the issue because a pizzaman couldn't reach me with my delivery otherwise I would be out of service for another number of days.

I was away on holidays and had no issues with network being disconnected and I had no network issues for almost 2 weeks while roaming and it looks like the issue started again few hours after me coming back home, this must be definitely a Tesco Mobile network issue.

I've recently found out that if I go into my battery usage settings I can see the network status history and when this issue is on there is a red line on mobile network signal history bar.

Tesco Mobile can you rectify the issue and find a solution to this problem as I'm not the only one experiencing this issue?

Beelzebos

Attached Images

10.12.2018 10:17 #80
Originally posted by beelzebos
This network is a joke. I've been without a phone service for at least 24hours without knowing it. Of course data was working fine and phone showing coverage but of course nobody was able to reach me. I've only found out about the issue because a pizzaman couldn't reach me with my delivery otherwise I would be out of service for another number of days.

I was away on holidays and had no issues with network being disconnected and I had no network issues for almost 2 weeks while roaming and it looks like the issue started again few hours after me coming back home, this must be definitely a Tesco Mobile network issue.

I've recently found out that if I go into my battery usage settings I can see the network status history and when this issue is on there is a red line on mobile network signal history bar.

Tesco Mobile can you rectify the issue and find a solution to this problem as I'm not the only one experiencing this issue?

Beelzebos

I forgot to mention in my last reply. The complaints handling team told me that this issue will not be resolved until at least the end of February when all of the masts are upgraded.

They are perfectly aware of the issues they are causing and try to foist it on to the customer to check their settings. 
1 thank
10.01.2019 14:11 #81
So a quick update to help others.

These are the things I have done that I was told to by support.

Sim Tool Kit fix  - Did not work
APN setting Change - Did not work.
New Sim - Did not work.
Sim Tool Kit fix (as it was a new sim) - Did not work.
New Phone - Did not work.
Sim Tool Kit fix (as it was a new Phone) - Did not work.

After all that I am now told it is because I go to England every now and again and each time I go it breaks my phone.
1 thank
14.01.2019 15:32 #82
Hi Flashdan,

Can you send us a PM with your phone number, full name, address and mother's maiden name please? We will then check the local masts and advise further on this.

Thanks,
Natalie
27.04.2019 18:29 #83
Did anyone find a permanent fix for this issue as I've just switched to Tesco mobile yesterday and keep having to restart? Thanks 
27.04.2019 18:39 #84
Unfortunately had to leave as no solution in sight

oh is leaving too , same problem , but had more patience than me , but is constantly missing important phone calls
1 thank
29.04.2019 11:12 #85
Originally posted by Zadkiel
Originally posted by beelzebos

Beelzebos

I forgot to mention in my last reply. The complaints handling team told me that this issue will not be resolved until at least the end of February when all of the masts are upgraded.

They are perfectly aware of the issues they are causing and try to foist it on to the customer to check their settings. 

Well safe to say this didn't happen as I got bitten by this last weekend where I missed meeting someone as their calls went straight to voicemail. Of course I didn't get the text to say I had voicemail until I rebooted the phone. 

Despite having a great tarrif with TM, I've decided to let my credit run down (built up via Clubcard points) & move on when it's gone. A cheap deal isn't really it worth when phone service vanishes every now & again with no warning.
29.04.2019 14:02 #86
Hi Morebabies,

Thanks for letting us a know about this issue.

Can you send us private message here with your phone number, full name, address and mother's maiden name? Once the account is validated we can then check the local masts.

Please also include the make and model of your phone so we can provide the full set of network configuration settings.

Thanks,
Natalie
1 thank
29.04.2019 22:28 #87
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Natalie
Hi Morebabies,

Thanks for letting us a know about this issue.

Can you send us private message here with your phone number, full name, address and mother's maiden name? Once the account is validated we can then check the local masts.

Please also include the make and model of your phone so we can provide the full set of network configuration settings.

Thanks,
Natalie

Thanks, I followed two of the instructions given here re: Sim toolkit and setting up the network to automatic, and since then (yesterday evening), no issues with having to restart it, so hopefully it's fixed.
I am curious though as to what those settings mean, what have I changed in my phone?
30.04.2019 13:02 #88
Verified representative
Hi morebabies,

Thanks for the update. When you changed the phone to automatic this allows the phone to jump between masts and maintain connection. Therefore this should hopefully fix the issue you're experiencing. Please do keep us updated.

Thanks,
Luke
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list