Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
96%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Network issue, full bars but won't connect a call.

05.11.2018 09:14 #61
Hi beelzebos,

Please send us a private message in here, with your phone number, full name, home address and mother's maiden name to verify the account first.

We'll check the local coverage and advise further on this.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
05.11.2018 16:37 #62
Me and my wife have this issue.

Have tried:

Sim Tool Fix 
Setting to automatic
Manually Selecting Network type
Different Phones
Different Locations
Buying 2 new SIMs

Can't get through to support either.
06.11.2018 13:31 #63
Got through to support. They told me as it was a new sim I had to set up a new APN. I have done that now and the next day I still get the same message.

Attached Images

06.11.2018 13:35 #64
Same here.
Since this morning, no network coverage. Automatic selection gives me no bars at all, "no service". When I manually search for a network, Tesco Mobile only appears intermittently as 2G, but mostly isn't broadcasting at all. If I can connect to the 2G signal, it drops within 5 seconds anyway.

It's not my handset or settings, I've tried all of that already, and all the powering on/off. It's clearly a network problem, like everyone else in this thread.
Tried chat support a number of times, but keeping getting this.

I've already pm'd you my personal info. Please update me asap on when it's likely to be fixed. Extremely inconvenient for business! Thank you.
06.11.2018 20:56 #65
Well I have to say that after following the toolkit fix has been advised here it seems resolved the issue on our both phone. Using them without any issues since a month. Happy with the result and hoping this will help on others as well.

Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Luke
Hi Norberto,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. We recently moved to the Three network so some customers are experiencing this same "restart" issue. There's actually a quick enough fix for this now.

Can you (and anyone else who may be experiencing this issue) please follow these general steps and try it out for a few hours to see if you notice an improvement?

Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > and please ensure that this is set to "Automatic".

Cheers,
Luke
09.11.2018 16:56 #66
This problem has been going on for MONTHS and either TM don't know what the problem is or can't be bothered to rectify it as the resolution may incur a cost.

Both mine and Mrs Sparkrite's phones cannot be relied on and nor can many other customers it seems.
I cannot for the life of me understand why TM are failing to address this ongoing problem, the amount of lost revenue alone must be significant.

ABSOLUTE JOKE of a provider !

Except it isn't funny, as I and many others are actually paying for this utterly rubbish (and I use the term in its loosest sense possible) service.
12.11.2018 12:26 #67
Hi Sparkrite ,

Please allow us to check the account and assist further with this.

If you wish to contact us via private message with your full name, phone number, home address and mother's maiden name, we'll surely look into this for you.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
12.11.2018 12:38 #68
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ileana
Hi Sparkrite ,

Please allow us to check the account and assist further with this.

If you wish to contact us via private message with your full name, phone number, home address and mother's maiden name, we'll surely look into this for you.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.

Hi Ileana,

Thank you for the standard cut & paste (cover my ass) reply.

But I won't be contacting you with my details as I am sick and tired doing so and receiving the standard cut & paste reply each and every time "Our tech team are looking into this.....blah blah blah" .

Nothing is solved by PM'ing you and nothing changes, I mean what possible difference does it make to the issue ? The problem is not just confined to me, if it was I could understand the request to PM, but it is widespread and it has not been addressed, at least not successfully !

Actually, now that I think about it, it must have been addressed as TM have managed to make it worse, in that before you could actually see that you have dropped service by the absence of carrier information. But now TM have managed to hide the fact that no service is available by the phone still showing full bars and TM as the carrier. I'm sure that took some indepth progamming, so hats off to whoever managed that !

Thank you.
Regards,
Sparkrite.
12.11.2018 17:03 #69
Hi Sparkrite ,

Sorry you feel this way.

In order to look into the matter further, we need to ask for your details and this information must be sent out via private message.

Unfortunately, we're not able to discuss an account on public forum.

Once we have the account validated, we'll be able to check the local coverage and advise further.

Alternatively, as advised on previous message, you could also contact our Customer Care team to speak directly with an agent in regards to this.

Thank you,

Ileana.
14.11.2018 10:57 #70
Same again and again. 

Attached Images

14.11.2018 12:19 #71
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ileana
Hi Sparkrite ,

Sorry you feel this way.

In order to look into the matter further, we need to ask for your details and this information must be sent out via private message.

Unfortunately, we're not able to discuss an account on public forum.

Once we have the account validated, we'll be able to check the local coverage and advise further.

Alternatively, as advised on previous message, you could also contact our Customer Care team to speak directly with an agent in regards to this.

Thank you,

Ileana.

Hi Ileana,

I am not asking you to discuss an account or indeed anything relating to an account matter !!

This is an ongoing problem that many are experiencing and has not been resolved !
(Just look at the post immediately above and that is only one MORE example)

Telling you or any other TM rep. what is written on my mother's Birth Certificate is not going to rectify anything.

Even if TM admitted that there is a problem across the network and said that they don't as yet have a resolution but are trying to arrive at one, would be a step in the right direction.

But NO, you just reply with a "cut & paste" note, requesting the complainant to identify themselves, and to me, and I can only assume others, is downright insulting and frustrating (esp. when I have gone through this charade before).

Why not just come out and say something like " Yes , there must indeed be a problem, as too many people are complaining of the EXACT same issue. We are doing our best to rectify this, please bear with us in the meantime".
See, its not that difficult, is it? This, to my mind, shows at least a tad of respect for your customers and is a better way of doing business.

Then actually go and fix the problem!!

Thank you,
Sparkrite.
1 thank
19.11.2018 14:05 #72
And just this morning AGAIN, Mrs Sparkrite's phone.

Note the carrier ID (TM) showing and also 3 bars signal.

As if you need proof ( sarcasm intended ) !!

Attached Images

19.11.2018 14:10 #73
Originally posted by Sparkrite

As if you need proof !!

My wife is having/had the same issues over the last few weeks in North Galway/South Mayo. Another TM network issue. What a surprise.... 
I've already left due to the appalling coverage and service. Once her credit goes, I think she'll move as well. 
19.11.2018 14:16 #74
Originally posted by MBSnr

As if you need proof !!

My wife is having/had the same issues over the last few weeks in North Galway/South Mayo. Another TM network issue. What a surprise....
I've already left due to the appalling coverage and service. Once her credit goes, I think she'll move as well.

Yep, absolutely ridiculous, just cannot rely on it at all and to make matters worse it appears that TM are just ignoring the fact that this problem exists at all.

It appears that their time is better served asking for your mothers maiden name and such, when this has obviously nothing to do with GDPR as it is so widespread.

EDIT: We don't particularly WANT to leave TM, but the way things are going we won't have a choice, that is if we want a working mobile phone !
19.11.2018 15:13 #75
Originally posted by MBSnr

As if you need proof !!

Yep, absolutely ridiculous, just cannot rely on it at all and to make matters worse it appears that TM are just ignoring the fact that this problem exists at all.

It appears that their time is better served asking for your mothers maiden name and such, when this has obviously nothing to do with GDPR as it is so widespread.

EDIT: We don't particularly WANT to leave TM, but the way things are going we won't have a choice, that is if we want a  working mobile phone !

Hi Sparkrite,

Sorry to hear about the on going issues that you are experiencing. We would like to raise a ticket with our technical team to have this investigated. In order to do this we would need you to confirm your account details with us in a private message. I understand your frustration but once the account is verified we can send a ticket with all the information to be investigated by our technical team.

Thanks,
Ryan
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image