Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

14 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Network issue, full bars but won't connect a call.

19.09.2018 15:36 #46
Hi stueymc,

Thanks for the information provided.

I have responded to your private message. Please send us a reply at your own convenience.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
19.09.2018 19:32 #47
Thank you. I have replied to the PM. Hopefully the problem will be resolved. Looking here, a lot of other people seem to be experiencing a similar problem...
20.09.2018 08:31 #48
Hi stueymc,

Thank you.

As advised previously I will provide an update as soon as the investigation is complete.

Have a good day,

Ileana.
24.09.2018 15:59 #49
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ileana
Hi stueymc,

Thank you.

As advised previously I will provide an update as soon as the investigation is complete.

Have a good day,

Ileana.

Hi Ileana,

I am also experiencing this issue for a couple of weeks now. Can you please provide an update? If people don't get a satisfying answer soon, they will move to a different network..

Thanks.
24.09.2018 18:03 #50
Hi lauradryeye,

In order to advise further, we will need to check your account first.

Please send us a private message in here with your phone number, full name, home address and mother's maiden name for verification purposes first.

As soon as the account is verified, we'll do our best to assist further with this.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
10.10.2018 13:10 #51
I have to join to this "club" now as my phone suffering of the same issue too.
I'm experiencing the "Mobile network not available" daily.. getting very frustrating as I am unable to receive any call either sms while network bars are visible on screen. A restart or switch to Air plane mode and back resolve the issue.

Can anyone look after to this?

Attached Images

10.10.2018 17:23 #52
Verified representative
Hi Norberto,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. We recently moved to the Three network so some customers are experiencing this same "restart" issue. There's actually a quick enough fix for this now.

Can you (and anyone else who may be experiencing this issue) please follow these general steps and try it out for a few hours to see if you notice an improvement?

Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > and please ensure that this is set to "Automatic".

Cheers,
Luke
1 thank
10.10.2018 19:04 #53
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Luke
Hi Norberto,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. We recently moved to the Three network so some customers are experiencing this same "restart" issue. There's actually a quick enough fix for this now.

Can you (and anyone else who may be experiencing this issue) please follow these general steps and try it out for a few hours to see if you notice an improvement?

Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > and please ensure that this is set to "Automatic".

Cheers,
Luke

"Quick enough fix for this now", what sort of an answer is that from a service provider ???

And just to let you know this does NOT work, either on my phone or my wife's phone, so it's not even a quick enough fix for now!!
Both still experiencing this drop in service and both phones set to Automatic.
Absolutely pathetic answer from a service provider and I use the term "service provider" in it's loosest sense possible.
1 thank
10.10.2018 22:58 #54
Originally posted by Sparkrite
"Quick enough fix for this now", what sort of an answer is that from a service provider ???

And just to let you know this does NOT work, either on my phone or my wife's phone, so it's not even a quick enough fix for now!!
Both still experiencing this drop in service and both phones set to Automatic.
Absolutely pathetic answer from a service provider and I use the term "service provider" in it's loosest sense possible.

If you have an Android find sim toolkit go to when abroad/select mode/manual/national then turn off your phone and back on, if you have a Iphone go to settings/phone/sim applications and follow the same steps as above.
11.10.2018 20:36 #55
Same issue for me, though happens only intermittently. This evening is one example. The network showed R for roaming, which it normally doesn't do in Letterkenny!
12.10.2018 19:18 #56
I have same issue with iphone6 but it coincided with a sim change and I in error opted for 4g but was then transfered back. I have changed settings to manual and selected 2g.

A lot of people are rebooting their phone but a quicker way is to turn on aeroplane mode and then off.  Same as reboot but quicker.

The problem is its really annoying as you only know when you get a call via landline or other mobile and  get " WHY ARE YOU NOT ANSWERING YOUR PHONE!!"  ie they dont believe you.

TESCO please fix it and if it is a sim issue can you not track the sims and get them replaced??

I almost missed a delivery from TUNISIA today by DHL as phone was wonky.  If item was sent back I was leaving tesco toot suite.
13.10.2018 13:31 #57
Hi swoofer,

We'll surely check the account and advise further on this.

Please send us a private message with your full name, phone number, home address and mother's maiden name for verification purposes first.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Regards,

Ileana.
13.10.2018 17:31 #58
Totally had enough of tesco now. Can’t make or receive calls or texts. No answer from customer service, live chat don’t work and tbh I’m not happy to email and get a reply in 72 hours. Worst provider ever
1 thank
13.10.2018 17:34 #59
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ileana
Hi swoofer,

We'll surely check the account and advise further on this.

Please send us a private message with your full name, phone number, home address and mother's maiden name for verification purposes first.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Regards,

Ileana.

Instant response ? Is that a joke ? 26 mins holding now ... of course people want an instant response
2 thanks
02.11.2018 18:58 #60
Since Tesco mobile got 4g I wasn't expecting this issue anymore until now. Since about 2 weeks my phone keeps disconnecting again with data working fine, but I'm unable to make or receive calls. To get the calls working I need to turn the airplane mode and switch it off so the phone logs into the network again. Is there any solution for this problem? 
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video