Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
96%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Network issue, full bars but won't connect a call.

10.08.2018 08:06 #1
Hi, 

Does anyone else has the same annoying issue as me? Phone is showing that is connected to Tesco mobile network and mobile data is working fine (or better say as usual) but when I am trying to make a call I'm getting message not connected to network (even data is working and bars showing), the only solution to fix the problem is to restart the phone and then I'm getting all messages about missed calls and texts that somebody sent me while the connection was dropped... So annoying... Is there any fix for this? 
1 thank
10.08.2018 11:56 #2
Verified representative
Hi Beelzebos,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. We've seen this type of issue before.

Can you please go into the Settings Menu and find the Network Mode option on your phone? Please ensure that this is set to 2G/3G only.

After this, you will need to find the SIM Toolkit app on your phone. This will look like a SIM card with a little cogwheel next to it. From here, you will need to follow this process: SIM Toolkit app > When Abroad > Network Selection > Manual > National Tesco IMSI.

After these changes, please try this out for a couple of hours to see if you notice any improvement.

Thanks,
Luke
10.08.2018 19:30 #3
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Luke
Hi Beelzebos,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. We've seen this type of issue before.

Can you please go into the Settings Menu and find the Network Mode option on your phone? Please ensure that this is set to 2G/3G only.

After this, you will need to find the SIM Toolkit app on your phone. This will look like a SIM card with a little cogwheel next to it. From here, you will need to follow this process: SIM Toolkit app > When Abroad > Network Selection > Manual > National Tesco IMSI.

After these changes, please try this out for a couple of hours to see if you notice any improvement.

Thanks,
Luke

I'll try to do it. This issue is only happening only once in a blue moon, so hopefully this will fix it. 
13.08.2018 10:26 #4
Still same issue after doing the steps you told me. Have to restart the phone to get the service back even the phone is showing full bars and Internet is connected. Could that have something to do with a faulty sim card or something? I never had this issue before until I've upgraded my phone and changed the simcard in store to get nanosim... Its really annoying as nobody can get through to me as they are going straight to voicemail and I don't even know that service is dropped until I try to make a phone call... 
13.08.2018 11:37 #5
Hi beelzebos,

If you send a PM to Tesco Mobile: Reps we can check the account and advise of all troubleshooting steps. We would need your full name, number, address and mother's maiden name to verify the account.

Thanks,
Shane
13.08.2018 19:26 #6
same thing happening to me over the last 5 days.

showing network but people cannot ring me and its very annoying.

turning the phone on and off 4 times a day 

have tried changing all the  setting too but still the same.

obviously its a network problem

can this be sorted please 
1 thank
14.08.2018 19:48 #7
Hi mickser42,

Please send us a private message with your phone number, full name, home address and mother's maiden name, for verification purposes first.

We'll check the account and advise further on this.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000  from a different handset.

Kind Regards,
Ileana.
14.08.2018 20:02 #8
Have a look at the thread below.
On Thurs last three moved all the tesco mobile from the O2 masts to three masts ( Tesco piggybacks on Three).

Since then the already overloaded three system is in a mess data wise.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057900006
16.08.2018 16:26 #9
Same issue here , showing full signal and missing calls etc , only fix is to restart phone
17.08.2018 12:13 #10
Hi arrianalexander,

If you need us to assist with troubleshooting steps, please send us a private message in here, with your details (phone no, full name, home address, mother's maiden name).

Please let us know the make and model of the handset also, to provide teh correct configuration settings.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000  from a different handset.

Kind Regards,

Anca.
17.08.2018 12:27 #11
Same issue here. Mrs Salter's phone constantly no coverage eventhough showing full bars.

Whenever I call it goes straight to voicemail.

This is unacceptable. We are paying for a service but not receiving the service.

Can Tescomobile comment on the issue?
17.08.2018 12:41 #12
Hi jim salter,

Please send us a private message with your phone number, home address and mother's maiden name for security purposes first.

We'll check the coverage provided in the area and advise the configuration settings needed to keep the handset connected to Tesco mobile.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
17.08.2018 16:23 #13
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ileana
Hi jim salter,

Please send us a private message with your phone number, home address and mother's maiden name for security purposes first.

We'll check the coverage provided in the area and advise the configuration settings needed to keep the handset connected to Tesco mobile.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.

Hi Ileana,

Thanks for your reply.

Clearly there is an issue with Tescomobile.ie network that neither the reps on here nor Tescomobile.ie will admit to the connectivity issues.

The area is Dublin 15 - I can't see why you need "phone number, home address and mother's maiden name for security purposes" to check coverage in the Dublin 15 area.

The resolution to this is the port to another network, which we will do in the coming days.

JS
1 thank
17.08.2018 16:50 #14
I'm getting the same issue intermittently in Dublin 6 over the past few weeks, texts not sending despite having an apparent connection. Going into network settings shows Tesco Mobile OK, reselecting it as the network doesn't help. Only solution is to reboot the phone and the messages then send and I receive whatever ones I've missed. Obviously a wider network issue given the number of instances
17.08.2018 17:02 #15
The most important question regarding getting no signal or patchy signal is does this happen in one location or everywhere, if answer is one location then it is a network issue, if everywhere then it's not a network issue unless the whole network is down which would be unlikely, so that leaves us with two possible outcomes, it's either a faulty sim or a faulty phone as it can't be anything else, what I would do is take out the sim and put in another phone and see does the issue follow the sim, if the same issue in another phone then it's the sim, on the other hand if the sim is fine in the other phone then it's the handset that is faulty and a sure way to find out that is put another sim in the phone and more than likely it will do exactly the same.

All of that would solve the issue on all networks except Tesco Mobile as in their wisdom you have to change settings in the phone with toolkits and sim applications so you would have to check the settings first then follow the steps above.  Tesco Mobile probably the worst network in the world, if Carlsberg did mobile networks they definitely wouldn't do Tesco Mobile.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video