Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Irish Water Representatives

0 hrs
Response Time
83%
Response Rate

We're online:

Irish Water are here Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 9am to 5:30pm.

Connections

01.08.2018 14:40 #16
Originally posted by Irish Water: Amy
Hi Simbima,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You can find out more on how to apply for a New Connection here.

Kind regards,
Amy

Cheers Amy,

Following a connection application, when would I expect a response on the feasibility of the connection?
01.08.2018 15:31 #17
Hi Simbima,

Apologies for my miscommunication - The below details from our website are more relevant to your query.

"If your home was built before 1980, then you should check your plumbing for lead. If there is lead then you should replace the plumbing, and the Government has a grant scheme that you may qualify for. There is a process for replacing the public side of the lead service connection following that, please follow that process using our Lead Pipe Scheme Application Form rather than apply for a connection."

In terms of a time-frame, the relevant ream will process your form and contact you in due course.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Amy
08.08.2018 10:23 #18
We are looking at buying a house in Lissymulgee, Carracastle, Co Mayo.
The property currently has a private well, however we would prefer a mains water connection.
Do you have services available in this area?
Thank you for your assistance
08.08.2018 11:19 #19
Verified representative
Hi samfernance,
Originally posted by samfernance
We are looking at buying a house in Lissymulgee, Carracastle, Co Mayo.
The property currently has a private well, however we would prefer a mains water connection.
Do you have services available in this area?
Thank you for your assistance

Thank you for contacting us.

For more information on our new connections process, please see here.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Niamh
10.08.2018 15:16 #20
Hi,

I applied for and was offered a new connection, I have paid connection fee and returned forms, but have recieved no contact since and am beginning to wonder if I ever will? Paid connection nearly 3 months ago!
10.08.2018 16:08 #21
Verified representative
Hi dcoyle277,
Originally posted by dcoyle277
Hi,

I applied for and was offered a new connection, I have paid connection fee and returned forms, but have recieved no contact since and am beginning to wonder if I ever will? Paid connection nearly 3 months ago!

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this.

Please PM us the following information:

- Your full name;
- The address for the new connection; and
- Contact number.

Once we have received these details, a member of our team will investigate this for you.

Kind regards,
Niamh
02.10.2018 16:54 #22
Hi Irishwater,

I applied for a new connection on Aug 24th and have heard nothing back.

Can you let me know when we might hear back from you guys?

Our builders are asking about what pipes will need to be put in.

Thanks,

Des
02.10.2018 17:00 #23
Verified representative
Hi hijklmnop,

Originally posted by hijklmnop
Hi Irishwater,

I applied for a new connection on Aug 24th and have heard nothing back.

Can you let me know when we might hear back from you guys?

Our builders are asking about what pipes will need to be put in.

Thanks,

Des

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Please send us a PM with your full name, address, contact number and reference number, and a member of our team will look into this for you.

Thanks,
Niamh
06.11.2018 19:24 #24
HI-I've applied to Irish water for a connection & still have heard nothing-can this be followed up on please
12.11.2018 10:11 #25
Hi grasserman123,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Originally posted by grasserman123
HI-I've applied to Irish water for a connection & still have heard nothing-can this be followed up on please

A member of our team has been in touch with you via DM.

Thanks,
Allanah
11.01.2019 09:23 #26
Hi Irish Water

I live in a rural area served by a well. We're on top of a hill and the mains connection doesn't reach us.

There is a group scheme down the hill but when it was formed there were only a handful of houses at the top and not enough were interested in joining!

15 years later there are a lot of houses at the top, and many like ourselves are struggling with poor water quality and worn out household appliances, showers, toilets etc due to extremely high iron content despite expensive filtration.

One of the neighbours heard rumour that Irish Water were talking about extending their supply to reach new premises due to the increase in demand.

Would you be able to check? Any information would be great. I look forward to the day I can have a bath without it looking like I filled it directly from my bladder...
11.01.2019 09:37 #27
Verified representative
Hi DrPhilG,
Originally posted by DrPhilG
Hi Irish Water

I live in a rural area served by a well. We're on top of a hill and the mains connection doesn't reach us.

There is a group scheme down the hill but when it was formed there were only a handful of houses at the top and not enough were interested in joining!

15 years later there are a lot of houses at the top, and many like ourselves are struggling with poor water quality and worn out household appliances, showers, toilets etc due to extremely high iron content despite expensive filtration.

One of the neighbours heard rumour that Irish Water were talking about extending their supply to reach new premises due to the increase in demand.

Would you be able to check? Any information would be great. I look forward to the day I can have a bath without it looking like I filled it directly from my bladder...

Thanks for getting in touch.

We would advise you to submit a Pre-connection Enquiry form on our website which can assess the feasibility of a connection for your property.

Please see https://www.water.ie/connections/information/ for more information about how to get connected.

Kind regards,
Niamh
11.01.2019 13:12 #28
Originally posted by Irish Water: Niamh
We would advise you to submit a Pre-connection Enquiry form on our website which can assess the feasibility of a connection for your property.

Please see https://www.water.ie/connections/information/ for more information about how to get connected.

Kind regards,
Niamh

Thanks Niamh but that's not really what I'm getting at. My house is over a mile from the nearest mains connection, and at the top of a hill. I already know that I cannot currently get connected.

I have heard however that there are plans to extend the current mains connection area and I was wondering if you could confirm or deny that.
11.01.2019 13:18 #29
Verified representative
Hi DrPhilG,

Originally posted by DrPhilG
Originally posted by Irish Water: Niamh

Kind regards,
Niamh

Thanks Niamh but that's not really what I'm getting at. My house is over a mile from the nearest mains connection, and at the top of a hill. I already know that I cannot currently get connected.

I have heard however that there are plans to extend the current mains connection area and I was wondering if you could confirm or deny that.

Please send a PM with the following information and a member of our team will look into this for you.

- Your Full Name;
- Your Full address; and
- Contact number.

Thanks,
Niamh
1 thank
09.02.2019 23:38 #30
Hi ,
We applied in November for our water connection, we paid the €6500 .
We waited , so my husband rang and they said we didn’t have to do anything else and they’d be in touch .
We waited for another month , we rang to be told we were misinformed and we had to contact the county council and obtain lisences and subcontractors .. this was going to cost another €4000 at least . So we had to cancel that application and reapply under the new scheme , I said to hold onto the money , all the field engineer stuff had been done and just put it off the new bill.
We are now a month later, they rang to say that now they can’t keep the money and have to reimburse and re bill and repay again !
And guess what , it’s still on the field engineers desk ! We are waiting to move in , so stressful as the architect can’t issue certs Til the water is switched on so the builder won’t get paid !
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video