Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Three Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

Data reception dreadful all over Dublin all week

29.05.2018 17:08 #46
Woeful today.

Been trying to download a 1.6GB update and it keeps crapping out midway through, even though the speeds are fast.

Gave up after 4 attempts.

Same update downloaded without error on a WiFi connection.
30.05.2018 11:37 #47
Originally posted by KildareP
Woeful today.

Been trying to download a 1.6GB update and it keeps crapping out midway through, even though the speeds are fast.

Hi Kildarep<

Where are you experiencing these speeds today and I'll check this out?

Thanks,
Kelly
04.06.2018 12:21 #48
Please take a note: Dublin City Center, around O'Connell area, Three's coverage has been pathetic over the last few weeks/months. 5 minutes to download 5 MB. Spotify stopping unable to even load an ad. Impossible to browse.

Verified my APN settings, they are as instructed in this thread. Tried re-registering again to Three network. Plane mode. Reboot. Nothing helps, it's Three's network fault, not my device.

This has been ongoing on several areas in Dublin City Center (not all Dublin, but many areas). Other examples: The Docks area, Grafton, Busaras, 4 Courts, Smithfield.

What the hell is going on with the Three network? AYCE data but there's no data to eat.

I've been patiently waiting for this to improve, if it doesn't over the next few weeks I'll move to Vodafone. Have some friends with them and apparently their coverage/speed is amazing.
1 thank
04.06.2018 14:13 #49
Originally posted by Three: Kelly
Originally posted by KildareP
Woeful today.

Hi Kildarep<

Where are you experiencing these speeds today and I'll check this out?

Thanks,
Kelly

All of the areas previously reported to you .
05.06.2018 14:05 #50
Today's 4G+ speed:
0.74Mbps Download
0.50Mbps Upload

Outside Parkwest
11.06.2018 15:46 #51
I am also experiencing terribly slow mobile data in Dublin 1.

Is any action being taken on these reports of slow data on the 3 network ?
11.06.2018 17:18 #52
Originally posted by grahamor
I am also experiencing terribly slow mobile data in Dublin 1.

Is any action being taken on these reports of slow data on the 3 network ?

No? As far as three are concerned their network is running perfectly. They get away with under supplying and over selling great as far as they are concerned.
12.06.2018 09:49 #53
I just spoke to someone in 3 and they said a sim replacement might help as mine is 2 years old.

Anyone had any luck with replacing the sim ? Sounds a bit daft to me..
12.06.2018 10:16 #54
Originally posted by grahamor
I just spoke to someone in 3 and they said a sim replacement might help as mine is 2 years old.

Anyone had any luck with replacing the sim ? Sounds a bit daft to me..

There can be a valid reason for replacing a SIM but it only very rarely makes any difference. I do know of one of case where it definitely fixed a problem but I know of many more where it made no difference at all. If you are getting reception problems everywhere then maybe its the SIM card but if its working reliably in some areas and not in others then its a three network problem. My main SIM card is now 10 years old and has been in dozens of phones and devices and it still works fine.

The its the SIM card excuse comes out when they get desperate. 
2 thanks
17.06.2018 10:24 #55
My Three SIM is just 9 months old, and I am having exactly the same speed issues in Dublin. I also have a couple of friends, and my girlfriend, using Three and also suffering from the same dreadful data reception issues among Dublin, which started to happen about 1-2 months ago.

Considering the amount of complaints in this Forum regarding the same exact issue from random Three users, it's very unlikely that the issue is a misconfiguration in the users' devices, or due to an old SIM. More likely it's about Three's network having issues, maybe some antennas are not working properly, maybe their nodes are too busy and congested.

Three reps can keep diverting the issue to "please send me your home address" or "please change your APN settings/SIM card", but the fault is on Three's side and looks like no one is doing anything or reporting these issues, or if they are reported, noone is taking action on them.

Do you guys have proper escalation procedures? Where can we check what actions have been taken regarding this issue? IT HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOR MONTHS; IT'S NOT A TEMP GLITCH.

I can't literally browse on certain areas (O'Connell, Abbey Street), or read emails, or install a small Play Store update. Here's a screenshot I took while trying to download a 19MB update (28 min estimated):

Anyone knows if Vodafone speeds are as good as I've heard? I am looking for alternatives, because I understand temp issues but this is getting ridiculous and Three doesn't care at all.
21.06.2018 08:47 #56
No answers at all, nice.

Could any rep or anyone from Three PLEASE walk around city center, Abbey Street with O'Connell, to verify this themselves. Its atrocious. It has been for months. Other areas as well, Jervis, the Docks...

Why is nothing being done?
21.06.2018 09:59 #57
Just to give my two cents...

I noticed in Wicklow the mobile data signal randomly drops out, it never used to do that but in the last 4 - 5 weeks it has. Prior to this the connection in my area was slow due to been surrounded by hills & valleys, but it never cut out completely!

How do I notice the drop in service each time it happens? …. trying to watch youtube videos :(

So I would be inclined to believe that the folks above me are experiencing genuine issues that are not caused by everyone's handsets.
21.06.2018 10:04 #58
I get the same experience walking around Dublin's city center. I have 4G+, suddenly I have H (without +), then 4G again ...

Most of the times I have full 4G+ and can't even browse or load reddit/twitter. It happens in random areas in Dublin, I mentioned a couple but it happens in many others. Around Jervis as well, but Abbey Street is atrocious. Busaras ...
21.06.2018 12:13 #59
Originally posted by willycat
I get the same experience walking around Dublin's city center. I have 4G+, suddenly I have H (without +), then 4G again ...

Most of the times I have full 4G+ and can't even browse or load reddit/twitter. It happens in random areas in Dublin, I mentioned a couple but it happens in many others. Around Jervis as well, but Abbey Street is atrocious. Busaras ...

Hi willycat,

I would like to get this looked into for you. In order to send this on to our tech team with all this info I will need your to send a PM with your number, address and date of birth so they can see what's been going on and check this out for you.

Thanks,
Kelly
21.06.2018 13:17 #60
Thank you for your answer Kelly.

However, again, it's not about where I am located or my device configuration. In my apartment in D7 the connection works just fine as it used to be months ago. My address or SIM number are irrelevant. Some other areas outside Dublin have great coverage, but many in Dublin city center do not. My girlfriend is also on Three and has been having the same issues around the city. Other friends as well. It's not like our devices have all disconfigured themselves at the same time, together with all others complaining about the same problems with Three coverage in this Forum.

It's obvious to me that the issue is on Three's side, some antennas/nodes in the City Center have issues, either because they're overcrowded/too busy, or they're having other issues which affect their performance. Or maybe it's Three's network what's having issues. Anyway, it's on Three's side.

If you want to "get this looked into" it's very simple. Have a tech go to Abbey Street's Luas stop and try using Three's 4G network there. Try to download a file, which will take A G E S (look at my screenshot a fer posts ago). Then when he realises it's atrocious, you guys can troubleshoot from there.

Originally posted by Three: Kelly
Originally posted by willycat

Hi willycat,

I would like to get this looked into for you. In order to send this on to our tech team with all this info I will need your to send a PM with your number, address and date of birth so they can see what's been going on and check this out for you.

Thanks,
Kelly
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image