Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask AIB Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Mon-Fri 9am - 8pm
Sat-Sun 9am - 5pm

378 Euro taken from my wifes bank account by AIB

26.04.2018 11:22 #1
Roll Out...
AIB have taken 378 euro from my wifes account because they are saying we transfered that amount twice to our join account, which did not happen.

My wife and i both have our own AIB accounts and we have a joint account as well.

We pay mortgage and bills etc from the join account.

On Thursday the 5th of April my wife transfered 378 euro from her account to the joint account.

This is on her accounts statement, I also have a text message from her on the 5th confirming that she transferred the money.

AIB rang us and are saying that she transfered 378 euro on the 4th of April as well, which she did not.

On the 4th of April on our joint account statement it now shows a transfer of 378 euro from my wifes account to the joint account which did not happen, i know it didnt, she didnt transfer until the 5th. 

If you look at my wifes account statement there is no mention of this transfer on the 4th at all.  She did not transfer the money until the 5th of April which does show on her account as normal.

Now i dont know whats happening here but she did not transfer money on the 4th, ive no idea why its coming up on the joint account like that.  My wifes account is now in negative of 370 odd euro because of this.

AIB have rang multiple times saying that we do owe the money and they will look into it and that we can "pay it off a bit per week" .  i know for a fact the money wasn't transferred until the 5th, you can see on her statement that it was only transferred once on the 5th, but somehow its listed on the 4th and 5th on the joint account statement? why would we transfer the exact amount of 378 twice and why would it only be listed once on her account?

The last guy that rang said now that she transferred it at 1:20 in the morning, which is ridiculous.  as i mentioned already, i also have a text from my wife asking her to transfer the money on the 5th and her confirming back to me that its transfered.

Something has messed up here now and we are down 378 euro.  I appreciate someone in AIB is looking at this already, but i also would like to post it here because its going on for over two weeks now.

I have screenshots of my wifes account statement for the 4th and 5th which only shows the transfer of 378 once on the 5th as well as screenshots of the joint account which shows 378 on the 4th and 5th even though there was no money in that account on the 4th. I also still have the text message exchange from the 5th i can show if needed.
26.04.2018 11:24 #2
I assume you mean April and not May? :)
1 thank
26.04.2018 11:28 #3
Roll Out...
haha youre right of course, April!
26.04.2018 13:20 #4
Nobody from AIB has been on this forum since 13th April, so don't hold your breath for a reply.
1 thank
26.04.2018 13:24 #5
So €378 left your wife's account twice and was it credited to your joint account twice ? If so you are not out money just transfer it back.  If it only arrived once in your joint account then the bank need to show you where it went when it left your wife's account.
26.04.2018 13:26 #6
Roll Out...
Originally posted by AMCCORK
So €378 left your wife's account twice and was it credited to your joint account twice ? If so you are not out money just transfer it back.  If it only arrived once in your joint account then the bank need to show you where it went when it left your wife's account.

No it wasn’t credited twice , only once. There was nothing in the joint account on 4th. This +378 magically appears on the 4th and they are saying my wife transferred it on the 4th and took the money out of her account. Which is why it’s now negative 370odd euro.
27.04.2018 16:11 #7
Hi Optimus Prime, 

Sorry to hear you are unhappy.

Unfortunately, we have no access to personal details on this service to check this for you as we provide general info only. You can visit your local AIB branch with proof of valid ID and a member of Staff can assist you with your query or call our Customer Service Team 24/7 on 0818 724724.

If you would like to log your feedback as a complaint, please send us your details on this link and we can log this for you: https://aib.ie/persona...l-media-support-form

As this is our last time on Boards.ie; if you have any further general queries that we can help you with; you can contact us on Facebook (AskAIB) or Twitter (@AskAIB).

Thanks for getting in touch,
Lisa 
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image