Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask AIB Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Mon-Fri 9am - 8pm
Sat-Sun 9am - 5pm

Sole Trader to Company

17.04.2018 19:23 #1
Hi there,

I have a current account registered for business use (as a sole trader). I've recently formed a limited company. I believe I need to open a different type of bank account to reflect this.

I'm already a personal (+ business) customer of AIB, and the secretary to my company is also a personal customer.

Do both of us need to be present at a branch to open the account, or is the business current account application form the only documentation required?

Thanks in advance
27.04.2018 17:30 #2
Originally posted by t1mm
Hi there,

I have a current account registered for business use (as a sole trader). I've recently formed a limited company. I believe I need to open a different type of bank account to reflect this.

I'm already a personal (+ business) customer of AIB, and the secretary to my company is also a personal customer.

Do both of us need to be present at a branch to open the account, or is the business current account application form the only documentation required?

Thanks in advance

Hi t1mm, 

Apologies for the delay in our response. Please contact your AIB Branch who will advise you on this.

As this is our last time on Boards.ie, if you have any further general queries that we can help you with; our Customer Service Team are also on Facebook (AskAIB) and Twitter (@AskAIB).

Thanks, Maeve
27.04.2018 18:33 #3
10 days for an "I don't know". Great stuff lads.
30.04.2018 10:28 #4
Originally posted by t1mm
10 days for an "I don't know". Great stuff lads.

Read the last paragraph of the reply, plus the sticky here ...  https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057862015

It looks to me like they're closing this forum down.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video