Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Gas Networks Ireland Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm

Gas Boiler question

01.04.2018 07:45 #1
I’ve just bought an apartment with a gas boiler. The apartment is 8 years old but never been lived in as the developer went into NAMA and its only being sold now.

On expection I noticed a copper pipe coming out vertically down from the boiler about 18 inches and then just stopping. It looks like the condensate pipe and I thought this was meant to go outside through the wall Incase of vapor etc.

The boiler is an Ideal Mini boiler. Can someone let me know if I need to redirect this pipe outside?

At the moment the pipe finishes in a cupboard where there is electrical plugs etc

Thanks
03.04.2018 10:18 #2
Dear Andrew,

If the pipe is the outlet pipe from the meter you will need to contact a Registered Gas Installer, to investigate this or provide advice.

a list of which can be found at :   http://www.rgii.ie/

Regards
Dave
15.05.2018 22:33 #3
Originally posted by Gas Networks Ireland: David
Dear Andrew,

If the pipe is the outlet pipe from the meter you will need to contact a Registered Gas Installer, to investigate this or provide advice.

Regards
Dave

Hi my carbon monoxide alarm is giving me a head ache and making me feel dizzy 🀔
17.05.2018 11:09 #4
Originally posted by ballsdeep69
Originally posted by Gas Networks Ireland: David
Dear Andrew,

Regards
Dave

Hi my carbon monoxide alarm is giving me a head ache and making me feel dizzy 🀔

Hi, 

Firstly I would suggest you buy a new Carbon Monoxide alarm that has a CE mark on it. 

Symptoms of CO Poisoning
Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning can be similar to those caused by other illnesses such as a cold or flu. They include
  • Unexplained headaches, chest pains or muscular weakness
  • Sickness, diarrhoea or stomach pains
  • Sudden dizziness when standing up
  • General lethargy
[*]

If anyone in your house has any of the symptoms outlined above get fresh air immediately, then go to your doctor and ask him/her to check for Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
Stop using the appliance immediately and do not use it again until it has been checked by a registered installer or a qualified service agent.
The amount of CO which the blood absorbs depends chiefly on two things: how much CO is in the air and the time of the exposure. Adverse effects of CO on humans are reduced by periods of breathing fresh air. The degree of recovery depends on the number and length of those periods. The general state of health and degree of physical activity of a person exposed to CO are other factors involved in the effects of Carbon Monoxide on the body.

If you have a query on Carbon Monoxide you can contact us on our safety line on 1850 79 79 79 or if you Carbon Monoxide alarm is going off you can call our emergency line on 1860 20 50 50. 

If you need anything else please let me know. 

Bernice
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon