Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

5 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Which will get 4G first .. TM or the Moon?

27.02.2018 19:43 #1
Seriously... 

Moon to get 4G network in 2019

It would be funny except that I suspect the Moon will be equipped with 4G before those of us on Tesco Mobile are :(.
6 thanks
28.02.2018 15:10 #2
Verified representative
Hi byrnefm,

I know it has been postponed a couple of times but we're working to get it released soon. It should be implemented on the network later this year. Please keep an eye on our website and Social Media and, when we do release 4G, it will be announced there.

Thanks,
Ryan
1 thank
28.02.2018 19:05 #3
Just heard an ad on the radio from carphone warehouse saying some networks still offer only 3G (which they compared to Dial-up noise). Clearly laughing at Tesco Mobile.

So Tesco Mobile it's not only your customers, your competition is on it too now .. Good luck keeping your customers, it must be tough with terrible coverage and network ..

The other one being postmobile but they run 3G from Vodafone, so at least their 3G is good quality. Not like Tesco's old O2 3G towers.
2 thanks
02.03.2018 09:00 #4
Verified representative
Hi Mkov1,

Thanks for getting in touch with your feedback! We are planning to have 4G introduced this year but we don't have a confirmed introduction date yet. Once we have more info about the introduction of 4G, we'll send out an update on our Social Media pages.

Thanks,
Luke
05.03.2018 00:28 #5
I think it is on the roadmap for the moon and being spoken about for the Tesco Networks for many years now.

Tesco have great pricing and customer service, but network coverage is seriously lacking behind other networks.
05.03.2018 00:35 #6
Does Tesco not run on the 3 network? If so should it not be simple enough to offer 4g?
05.03.2018 08:28 #7
Hi 368100,

We are indeed sharing the masts with the 3 network. As we advised previously, we are still working on updating all our masts throughout the country to be able to fully implement 4G.

Once this is launched, we'll be more than happy to let you all know!

Regards,
Ileana.
05.03.2018 20:55 #8
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ileana
Hi 368100,

We are indeed sharing the masts with the 3 network. As we advised previously, we are still working on updating all our masts throughout the country to be able to fully implement 4G.

Regards,
Ileana.

And I'd say pigs will fly.
1 thank
05.03.2018 20:58 #9
Hi 368100,

Regards,
Ileana.

But you are MVNO no? Why would you need to anything to the masks?
06.03.2018 15:16 #10
the only reason is that they would have to pay little bit more to 3 for using their 4G. It is otherwise simple, and Tesco does not need to do or even can do anything with masts. They must think we are idiots giving us those excuses. Well, I guess people that stay with Tesco Mobile are :)
06.03.2018 20:53 #11
Originally posted by Reati
Hi 368100,

Regards,
Ileana.

But you are MVNO no? Why would you need to anything to the masks?

It's crazy really, the masts they use are the old O2 masts which are only 3G,  3 won't let them on the 4G network because it will cripple their customers.  Tesco will never get 4G unless they build them themselves and be no longer a MNVO and I think that's what they'll have to do to give their customers 4G.
07.03.2018 09:26 #12
I'm leaving Tesco for this very reason. 

The lack of 4G makes having the latest phone redundant. 
23.03.2018 11:09 #13
Originally posted by mkov1
Just heard an ad on the radio from carphone warehouse saying some networks still offer only 3G (which they compared to Dial-up noise). Clearly laughing at Tesco Mobile.

So Tesco Mobile it's not only your customers, your competition is on it too now .. Good luck keeping your customers, it must be tough with terrible coverage and network ..

The other one being postmobile but they run 3G from Vodafone, so at least their 3G is good quality. Not like Tesco's old O2 3G towers.

That's a very funny ad - We don't do beans and bread just 4G :)
1 thank
23.03.2018 14:29 #14
Thanks for getting in touch with your feedback! We are planning to have 4G introduced this year but we don't have a confirmed introduction date yet. Once we have more info about the introduction of 4G, we'll send out an update on our Social Media pages.

this is the same scripted response that has been provided to the 4g question since 2015 also o2 did have 4g enabled around 2 months before selling out and being taken over by three
1 thank
23.03.2018 15:03 #15
They have to be the worst network by a county mile in Ireland. It really is shameful how they are getting away with it and how they have managed to have nearly 400000 people on thei network, surely they must be doing something right or am I missing something?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video