Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Gas Networks Ireland Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm

Important safety advice for natural gas customers

27.02.2018 15:02 #1

We are monitoring the current weather situation closely. Our focus is on minimising any potential impact on safety or loss of service for our customers.

If you are affected by the severe weather, some of the common queries are covered below. 
  • Can I use my gas central heating and appliances in instances of flooding or where the gas meter has been submerged by flood water? Flooding Advice 
  • Can I use my gas central heating system where water pipes have frozen? Frozen Pipes
  • Can I use my gas central heating system where the water supply has been cut off? No water supply

Updates in relation to the potential re-scheduling of appointments, will be shared via directs calls or texts from our Customer Care team.

Emergency calls, reporting a smell of gas, will at all times be responded to as a priority. 

Our 24-hour emergency number is 1850 20 50 50.

Attached Images

2 thanks
01.03.2018 21:36 #2
Due to the national weather warning our Customer Care line 1850 200 694 is closed. We hope to resume regular customer care services on Saturday at 9:00 AM but this is subject to weather conditions.We are on standby to respond to reported gas leaks. Our 24-hour emergency number is 1850 20 50 50. We’re very sorry for any inconvenience. We have included some common queries here to assist you. We will provide you with an update as soon as we can. Please stay safe.
02.03.2018 17:45 #3
Our Customer Care line 1850 200 694 will remain closed until Monday, 5th March. We are on standby to respond to reported gas leaks. Our 24-hour emergency number is 1850 20 50 50. We wish to advise that all non-essential services and appointments have been cancelled until Thursday March 8th. Further information is available on the below link. We are very sorry for any inconvenience. We have also included some common queries on the link below to assist you. Please stay safe.

Advice for natural gas customers during severe weather
03.03.2018 14:22 #4
Our Customer Care line 1850 200 694 is open today (Saturday) & Sunday for essential calls only. We are operating a limited service to assist those currently affected by the weather event. If you have not been affected by the severe weather, we ask that you please wait and call us on Monday. We are on standby to respond to reported gas leaks. Our 24-hour emergency number is 1850 20 50 50. We wish to advise that all non-essential services and appointments have been cancelled until Thursday March 8th. Further information is available on the below link. We are very sorry for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience. Common queries are available here to assist you. Please stay safe.

In the coming days, you may experience flooding, as the snow and ice melts. For helpful advice on what to do in the event of flooding – Read more Here
04.03.2018 16:12 #5
My Glow worm boiler is showing a red light and FI when I turn it on. This has only happened today and there never has been a problem in the almost four years I have lived here which is an apartment block and I am renting but am the account holder.

Is it something I need to have the landlord get an engineer to look at or is it something simple. I am in the Rathmines area.
05.03.2018 15:30 #6
Originally posted by JJ59
My Glow worm boiler is showing a red light and FI when I turn it on. This has only happened today and there never has been a problem in the almost four years I have lived here which is an apartment block and I am renting but am the account holder.

Is it something I need to have the landlord get an engineer to look at or is it something simple. I am in the Rathmines area.

Hi JJ59, 

You need to have a registered gas installer look at your boiler. You can find one in your area on www.rgii.ie or by calling 1850 454 454.

Bernice
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon